Butter <3

Options

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I tried Kerrygold when I went to Ireland, so it was proper Irish Kerrygold :wink: my family switched to using it for a few months once back in England but then we switched back to Bertolli spread because we prefer the taste. But I agree that Kerrygold is freaking delicious too.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    Is Kerrygold sold at mainstream US supermarkets? Or do you have to go to a specialty grocery store?

Costco sells it as well
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Nope, I said I don't like eating things that taste bad, sooooo if I try it and it tastes bad TO ME then I'll be eating something that........tastes bad. Which is why I haven't tried it before.

giphy.gif

Emma and Mark in the same thread? I think I love you.

J_Lawrence_Wink.gif
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Butter.

I'm actually going to try my hand at making my own.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Nope, I said I don't like eating things that taste bad, sooooo if I try it and it tastes bad TO ME then I'll be eating something that........tastes bad. Which is why I haven't tried it before.

Too bad you don't live in Wisconsin. By law, restaurants and food service have to serve butter. They can have margarine or other non-butter spreads available for customer requests. Just go and eat out and you will have a chance to taste real butter.

Trust me, there is no comparison.
    I used to travel to Wisconsin for work for two months every summer. I miss the dairy and cheese aisles in Woodman's. They're the stuff of dreams.

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I can't believe I live in a world where someone would doubt that butter tastes good.

Margarine wouldn't EXIST if butter didn't taste good, FFS. Margarine only exists because there were war-related shortages and people were so desperate for sweet, yummy butter that they tried to make substitutes to tide them over til victory.

Yes, that's right. Margarine exists because of HITLER. It's the Godwin condiment.

Science.

• Camo_xxx
    Camo_xxx Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    yayamom3 wrote: »
    Is Kerrygold sold at mainstream US supermarkets? Or do you have to go to a specialty grocery store?

Safeway has it so I would say at least some mainstream markets have it
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options

You've never tried butter!!? 1/4 of foods that are delicious are delicious because they're buttery!

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    Mmmm. Butter.

I would personally stick with cows milk - but good luck to ya!
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Eudoxy wrote: »

You've never tried butter!!? 1/4 of foods that are delicious are delicious because they're buttery!
    I'm sure I've had butter in food I've ate out but I've never placed butter on toast, baked potatoes, veggies.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

giphy.gif

Emma and Mark in the same thread? I think I love you.

J_Lawrence_Wink.gif

It's the trifecta. <3
  • Eudoxy
    Eudoxy Posts: 391 Member
    Options

I'm sure I've had butter in food I've ate out but I've never placed butter on toast, baked potatoes, veggies.

Ah, gotcha. Well you're in for a treat. I want to try Kerrygold now, but don't worry about it if your store doesn't have that. I'm sure they have good old american butter!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,045 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    mcyio3.jpg

Butter is in my top 5 most frequent foods. For a reason.
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options

Ah, gotcha. Well you're in for a treat. I want to try Kerrygold now, but don't worry about it if your store doesn't have that. I'm sure they have good old american butter!
    I'm actually excited to try it now yay :D
  • goddessofawesome
    Options
    Mmmm. Butter.

I would personally stick with cows milk - but good luck to ya!

Wow. I am totally blonde. Took me a while to get this. . . .
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Idk if butter tastes bad........I've Never tried it

It doesn't. I promise.
    I'm gonna trust you ;) I looked online and its not sold at the store I usually go to but its sold at marsh, so I will make a trip to marsh.

Do this.

Take three bowls. Buy a good butter, kerrygold ain't bad. Plugra ain't bad, but I'm rather partial to those hippy amish folks and their rolled butter.

Let the butter raise to room temperature. In each bowl place 1-2T of butter.
    Bowl one - plain.
    Bowl two - add salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
    Bowl three - add a dollop of honey

Mix them all in order to incorporate, or to just break it down into a smooth spreadable mass. Do it as a vertical tasting, starting at plain, ending at sweet. Use a nice baguette.

Treat yo'self!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Mmmm. Butter.

Not worth it.

If you're going to do it though, take the cream, add 1/2t of aroma B thermo bacteria, and let it sour a little, then make the butter.

butter is one of those things, nice to try to make once, but seriously... unless you live on a dairy and need to preserve your milk, just buy it.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Idk if butter tastes bad........I've Never tried it

It doesn't. I promise.
    I'm gonna trust you ;) I looked online and its not sold at the store I usually go to but its sold at marsh, so I will make a trip to marsh.

Do this.

Take three bowls. Buy a good butter, kerrygold ain't bad. Plugra ain't bad, but I'm rather partial to those hippy amish folks and their rolled butter.

Let the butter raise to room temperature. In each bowl place 1-2T of butter.
    Bowl one - plain.
    Bowl two - add salt and fresh cracked black pepper.
    Bowl three - add a dollop of honey

Mix them all in order to incorporate, or to just break it down into a smooth spreadable mass. Do it as a vertical tasting, starting at plain, ending at sweet. Use a nice baguette.

Treat yo'self!

Do you have a brand that these hippy Amish folk make? I don't know that I've seen anything and I live in Amish and Mennonite territory.
  • goddessofawesome
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Mmmm. Butter.

Not worth it.

If you're going to do it though, take the cream, add 1/2t of aroma B thermo bacteria, and let it sour a little, then make the butter.

butter is one of those things, nice to try to make once, but seriously... unless you live on a dairy and need to preserve your milk, just buy it.

I plan on using the cream from my raw milk so I don't need to add bacteria to it. And it is kind of one of those things that I want to try once.

• dbmata
    Options
    Mmmm. Butter.

Not worth it.

I plan on using raw milk so I don't need to add bacteria to it. And it is kind of one of those things that I want to try once.

no reason to trust me, but trust me, add the aroma b.

I've done it, the only product worth eating was the stuff I inoculated first.