Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    I sometimes wear my HRM for a few minutes after I finish working out just to get to log a higher calorie burn.

I also ate most of my kids Halloween candy... You know... to make sure it was safe to eat...
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Confession: I get really really excited when I poop before breakfast.

I won't weigh myself every morning until after I've pooped.

Some days it doesn't happen until much later. :(

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    edited January 2015
    What's with all the people that don't wash their work out clothes often? That's seriously gross.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.
    nellysen wrote: »
    soloelixir wrote: »
    I resent thin people. I've been fat my whole life, and have no idea what it's like to be thin. I know I shouldn't resent them, but damn, when I see a thin girl complaining about how those jeans make her *kitten* look big, I want to slap her in the face.

Me too!!!!!! In fact it pisses me off. I think it is because I just WISH that the hunt fr the perfect jeans on a perfect body was my biggest issue. Maybe it is jealousy? But either way.... I feel the same!
    These two posts explain a lot of the mysteries of my youth. Meanwhile, I was apparently wasting my time explaining to my friends why they should not make fun of heavier girls when I guess I should have just been practicing more bob and weave.
  • briannarios60
    briannarios60 Posts: 237 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

Lol same here. I am going to sweat again so why waste more clothes :)
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Wow! I wish i had you at home with me. I actually like the idea to bring the scale to the store. And i am aiming to soon start premeasuring and vac sealing once a week for easier prep. You, my friend, are my type of compulsive. My goal is to be a little more like that.

Damn!!! You're amazing. You should get a job taking weight loss clients grocery shopping !
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I've done that and will do it again. No regrets. That stuff is delicious! I put it on my ice cream.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    OdesAngel wrote: »
    What's with all the people that don't wash their work out clothes often? That's seriously gross.

I wash them, just not every time immediately after wearing them. Just once a week.

• BRFMcKay
    BRFMcKay Posts: 80 Member
    funjen1972 wrote: »
    I wear the same stinky workout clothes for several days without washing. Ewww gross, I know. Always change my socks though lol

No, no, no.
    I got MRSA from the gym when I was 19 (in college.) I was a healthy person, and I got it because someone didn't wipe off gym equipment.
    I have to shower right after the gym and throw all my clothes in the wash.
    But I do sweat buckets during each session. Lovely family trait.

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Not washing clothes every single time =/= not wiping gym equipment
  • shermcm
    shermcm Posts: 4 Member
    Sometimes I log just my coffee so I don't lose my days logged in streak or adjust my portions so it doesn't look so bad.

I'm gluten free on top of making lifestyle changes and I am tired of explaining my choices or that my "diet" isn't all a choice.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    techgal128 wrote: »
    I gained 10 pounds over the holidays but never adjusted my current weight in MFP. I've lost 5 pounds of it already but technically I should have recorded it.

I gained eight and never logged it either. I only log losses and will only continue to do so if I feel like it has stuck around too long. I am on track to be back to pre-Thanksgiving weight by late February.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    stuart160 wrote: »
    I weigh out veggies like sweet potatoes at the grocery store on my food scale, yes I bring it with me. It's a flat black smooth one and looks like an iPad from a distance. It any of the sweet potatoes weigh more than 200 grams I won't buy it. So some weeks, I don't get them, because none are in the magic gram weight. I also buy loose onions and bell peppers on a similar weight method. Again some weeks, there aren't any in that weight.

I only buy my International Delight coffee creamer in the single serving mini containers like you get at restaurants. That way I know exactly how much creamer is in my coffee every morning.

I have counted the pieces of popcorn I have eaten.

All meat for myself is weighed out of the big package, vacuum sealed with date, weight, and either put in the fridge or freezer.

Packages of cheese are brought home and cut immediately into 1 ounce slices and vacuum sealed and returned to the fridge.

Lunches for the week are done on Sunday. Monday, Wednesday and Friday I usually do mixed veggies 300 grams frozen weight to be microwaved. Tuesday and Thursday are Broccoli days and that is 400 grams of frozen weight to be microwaved.

Boxes of Cereal if they are mine, get pre portioned out to 42 gram Ziploc baggies. I'm the only one who will drink 2% milk. So the half gallon gets weighed out into 8 ounce containers and returned to the fridge in their little reusable thermos containers.

When I make biscuits, I weigh the flour out and do not use a measuring cup. Any flour used for kneading that is left gets scraped up and weighed to subtract from the recipe.

I have made hamburgers for a party and weighed each patty, and thrown away what would not divide evenly into the calculated weight of the others.

I can actually nail the number of servings a peanut butter container has in it by the label to perfect accuracy. I weigh it out too.

I actually own 4 food scales, 1 that travels, 1 at the office and 2 in the kitchen. Their batteries are changed the 1st day of every month whether they need it or not. They are also all the same brand and identical. I'm a lab tech and have used the calibrated weights to check their accuracy, they are in acceptable range. I do this often.

Shall I continue. I have developed a lot of quirks over my 900+ logging days here.

Wow! I wish i had you at home with me. I actually like the idea to bring the scale to the store. And i am aiming to soon start premeasuring and vac sealing once a week for easier prep. You, my friend, are my type of compulsive. My goal is to be a little more like that.

Damn!!! You're amazing. You should get a job taking weight loss clients grocery shopping !

um. no. Not really a people person.

I developed those habits as a coping skill and a result of things said in the forums here. When all along I should have gone to see a doctor. However, the extreme OCD quirks have helped greatly in getting the medical community to actually listen and run tests, I hope to have answers for next week. They took 13 vials of blood from me on Friday to test to see what exactly is going on.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    kikiboniki wrote: »
    I keep a scale in the bathroom and weigh myself before and after I poop. This morning I lost 1.2 pounds in about 2 minutes.

LOL
  • mom2ava07
    mom2ava07 Posts: 186 Member
    I confess that I religiously record every single thing I put in my mouth except one tiny thing. I drink water all day long, and let myself have one bottle of diet dew with dinner. I know it says it has 5 calories...but seriously if one serving of the bottle has 0 calories I don't see how two servings have 5 calories. Bogus.

I'm so rebellious :wink:
  • BRFMcKay
    Not washing clothes every single time =/= not wiping gym equipment

No, I get that. Thank you for wiping the equipment!
    It is just my MRSA flairs up from time to time due to in-grown hair, slight irritation, etc. Showering my icky sweat off helps (plus the doctor told me to.)
    Otherwise, it is month of antibiotics, stomach troubles (have those already) and someone poking at my skin with a scalpel.
  • BRFMcKay
    Also, not to judge, but more than one person said they throw out a bunch of food. Why? There are so many starving people in this world, and doesn't that waste money? Maybe I just don't have a big food budget.
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

I had a similar experience several years ago. Instead of spoonfuls of chocolate powder, I grabbed a handful of chocolate chips and put them between bread slices. Grilled chocolate sandwich. I was desperate! (But it was so worth it...)