10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I can't "diet" and be good all the time. So I actually schedule in non-good days.

I cycle my low-cal days to non-low-cals.
    I cycle lower-cals week with higher-cals week.
    I even schedule in 2 high-cal weeks in a row, as to reset, so that I don't feel like I'm dieting forever.
    Yes, my weight loss is a slower pace, but I'm more likely to stick to it when I'm not as restricted.

For instance: I get all 2500 calories for TODAY: which is a LOT for my 4'11" height.
    And I will enjoy every bit of it:
    - handmade gnocchi with a sage and parmesan sauce
    - Mike's Pastry lobster tail pastry
    - and whatever fancies me on the menu.
    It's my anniversary and I deserve it and I allocated the calories for it.
    I'll still average 1500cals/day for this higher-calories week.

@mlssalnrd‌: today's a new day. Move on.
    Go for a long walk or interval jog or dancing in the kitchen at a fast pace.
    drink lots of water.

Amanda
  • SDB210
    SDB210 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Can I join in! I'm a bit late but I'm new to posting on the boards.

I started on the 5th jan and have lost 12lbs so far.

Height 5ft 11.5in (the half inch makes all the difference! :wink: )
    SW: 187lbs
    CW: 175lbs
    GW: 153lbs
  • jonikayrn
    jonikayrn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Need help! I'm going out to a Mexican Restaurant tonight and I have no idea what to eat or how to log my intake. I thought about not going but I recently moved back to Alabama from California and I'm trying to make new friends. I have been saving my calories today and I have 1,000 left. Any suggestions???
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Heya. No idea on food really? Something tomatoey without the carb overload?
    Try & drink tonnes of water too...
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Well I'm writing to say I've had a blow out of a few days but because I'm all ready for a full on 2 months. I'm mentally preparing.
    Stupid really - it's just more pounds to lose.

Oh well... February tomorrow & I'm starting Insanity on Monday. Wish me luck!!! It'll probably kill me but imagine the before & after pics if it doesn't! Here's hoping.

I love the idea of cycling calories...
    1000 some days & more or less on others.
    I did intermittent fasting for a while but totally pigged out on my off days.
    insanity has its own diet which I'm planning on following but I'll Defo spread my calories out like that in April.

Blimey. .. April sounds so far away.
    10 pounds? Oooh I hope we can all do it...!
  • jonikayrn
    Options
    @jemcad13‌ I think that everyone of us messes up, not just on diets but virtually everything in life. The best we can do is forgive ourselves, chalk it up to experience and get back on track. Hang in there and try not to beat yourself up too much. You got this! :)
  • jonikayrn
    Options
    I found answers for my Mexican Restaurant dilemma in a food blog. Gonna enjoy myself without going overboard. With 1,000 calories I should be fine. Tomorrow I'll watch my calories and take a walk! Wish me luck! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
  • mmacleod68
    mmacleod68 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am in! Started MFP on 1/26/15 6 daye ago). i have been carrying around about 25 extra pounds for the last 3.5 years...and sabotaging my health. Junk food and no exercise...and zero motivation to do anything about it... Prior to that I was a borderline fitness freak and was alway fit and active. Just found out I have high cholesterol so now is the time!
    5' 6" height
    SW- 152
    CW-147 (progress!)
    GW- 127

Need friends to help keep me going!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I can't believe tomorrow is February! I just wanted to post because this is the first weekend since probably November that I haven't eaten something I shouldn't be (ie. foods I'm sensitive to, that are just too tempting/food that my family leaves laying around that I "can't" resist!).

Reminding myself of our goal has been motivating all day. Weekends didn't used to be tough, and I hope this is the return of the "it's easy to stay on track" weekend. Halfway through!
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Checkin in tonight to say hi to everyone and wishing you a wonderful Sunday! I had a bit of an "off" day today, no exercise and a couple hundred calories over my goal. BUT tomorrow is a new day! I'm going to get some good sleep and try to go easy on myself. Thankfully I have such a supportive partner who loves me and encourages me to be easy on myself. :)

Talk to ya later peeps!
  • Steph_135
    Options
    Happy FEBRUARY!!

@faelight - You must be very grateful for your partner. Your positivity made me smile this morning (though I should still be sleeping). I will focus on an attitude of gratitude today
  • mlssalnrd
    Options
    Steph_135 wrote: »
    Happy FEBRUARY!!

@faelight - You must be very grateful for your partner. Your positivity made me smile this morning (though I should still be sleeping). I will focus on an attitude of gratitude today

"An attitude of gratitude." Could not agree more @Steph_135‌
  • shanayjune
    Options
    I'm in! :)
    Cw:125
    Gw: 105
    HT: 4'11
    I really want to get lean, and strong.
    I plan on doing cardiovascular activities 5 days a week and strength training 6 days a week.
  • versuga
    versuga Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

CW: 115
    GW: 105
    HT: 5'1"
  • mlssalnrd
    Options
    jemcad13 wrote: »
    Well I'm writing to say I've had a blow out of a few days but because I'm all ready for a full on 2 months. I'm mentally preparing.
    Stupid really - it's just more pounds to lose.

Oh well... February tomorrow & I'm starting Insanity on Monday. Wish me luck!!! It'll probably kill me but imagine the before & after pics if it doesn't! Here's hoping.

I love the idea of cycling calories...
    1000 some days & more or less on others.
    I did intermittent fasting for a while but totally pigged out on my off days.
    insanity has its own diet which I'm planning on following but I'll Defo spread my calories out like that in April.

Blimey. .. April sounds so far away.
    10 pounds? Oooh I hope we can all do it...!

@jemcad13 you got this
  • mlssalnrd
    Options
    A whole lot of truth. http://strengthcoachtaylor.ca/uncategorized/the-brutally-honest-6-reasons-you-are-still-overfat/. Warning: this article contains many f bombs
  • mlssalnrd
    Options
    mlssalnrd wrote: »
    A whole lot of truth. http://strengthcoachtaylor.ca/uncategorized/the-brutally-honest-6-reasons-you-are-still-overfat/. Warning: this article contains many f bombs

• Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

Height 5.6, age 55.
    CW-159
    GW-140

I know I can do it...just need to stop after dinner snacking.
  • Steph_135
    Options
    shanayjune wrote: »
    I plan on doing cardiovascular activities 5 days a week and strength training 6 days a week.
    Are you alternating body parts for all that strength training? I can barely make it 3 times some weeks, but I work everything when I'm in there. I love the gym. Are you doing it at a gym, or at home?
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Which is worse:
    - not sticking to your calories goal, or
    - not sticking with your macros?

My allotted calories/macros today:
    Goal: cal: 1900 -- carbs: 140 -- fat: 83 -- protein: 140
    today: cal: 1,887 -- carbs: 215 -- fat: 117 -- protein: 43

Totally blew my macros today with my 3 splurges:
    - 2 slices of homemade caramel pecan pie, and
    - 2 oz of potato chips
    - leftover Mike's Pastry lobster tail
    BUT they fit in my calories.

Need to focus on protein tomorrow.

@islandgirl52:
    "just need to stop after dinner snacking"
    You can do it!!!

I lost control for 3months with so much night-time snacking.
    But I turned the page on 1/1/2015: no more.
    Taking it day by day, I focus on not snacking at night. I told myself that I can PLAN to eat (some) of what I would want to snack on at night DURING THE DAY, which removed some of the 'novelty' or desire as much.
    Which also means that if I really want that night snack, just wait a few hours, and I can have it the next day, during the day; I'll log it in. But by the time I had slept on it, I usually don't crave for it the next day. But if I do, I'll have some.

It's day 32 for me of no night-time snacking.
    THIS is how I'm actually losing my weight.

Amanda