CHALLENGE FOR FEB 2015 -- Say "NO" to Late Night Snacking

Options
"Tired of self-sabotaging by munching after dinner? Upset that you double your in-calories at night? Then it's not just me . To get some help (or inspire us by your good example), please join us in this challenge.

You set what you feel is late night snacking. For example, if you have extra calories left for the day, you can have a snack if it's small. Others decide not to eat at a past a certain time. It's up to you.

We go by the formula:
Me: "number indicating how many evenings you stuck to it"
LNS: "number of times late night snacks won"

Example: Me: 2 - LNS: 0 indicates I won the first two nights.

Some people also add a * to the latest number. In the example, that would be
Me: 2 - LNS: 1*
if LNS won the 3rd night.

It's as simple as that. Or as complicated, as you will discover. Nevertheless, the persistence and good results of some of our "old" members (and some people keep coming back) show that the battle is worthwhile .

Welcome!

Replies

• dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. This was going to be a goal I set for myself, so some extra support and motivation would be great. I will be considering late night snacking anything between the hours of 9pm and 6am.

Good luck to us all!
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This is a good idea. I'd like to take part.
  • notfromarizona
    notfromarizona Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have a habit of eating 800-900 calories whenever I stay up past midnight, which is quite often. I usually make up for it by eating healthy the rest of the day/working out a ton, but it'd sure be a ton easier to just not eat it in the first place.
  • andreamehmedovic
    Options
    This is a great challenge! I work 4pm - midnight and when I go home I am starving. I noticed if I pack enough snacks and eat something like an apple around 10:30pm, I can tame the hunger beast when I get home. Its when my almost two year old daughter wakes up at 12:35 as soon as I walk in the door is where I start to head to the fridge due to exhaustion and stress.
  • nikki6669
    nikki6669 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea. Late night snacking is always my downfall. :\
  • bakingforlife
    bakingforlife Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    great !!! i have it in my head i need a snack its become a very bad habit
  • brightresolve
    brightresolve Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I define it as: I win when I stay under my calories for the day. When I go over 90% of the time it's excessive and out of control LNS. Thanks for the thread!!
  • alabella
    alabella Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like the sound of this! Wouldn't normally eat a huge bar of chocolate or eat crisps but after 8pm it suddenly feels like a great idea!
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the new posting.
  • joseph461
    Options
    That is my major problem. I am in
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I had this problem. Since giving up all processed foods and going LCHF, I don't have this problem at all. Increase fat and protein in your diet.
  • ames_ks
    ames_ks Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great idea! This is a major downfall of mine too, and at least half of what's unfortunate in my eating habits happens after dinner. So my definition: no eating after 8pm, with or without uneaten calories. And my strategy to break this rhythm will be to find a project to keep my hands busy after hours, or watch the TV furthest away from the kitchen. Game on!!! Shout out to the creator for this one!! :)
  • ames_ks
    ames_ks Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 - LBS: 0 Yay!
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 36,094 Member
    Options
    This is a down fall for me too so I'm in!
    Me: 1* - LNS: 0
  • walruslike
    walruslike Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is a great idea. Please count me in. Do I just keep watching this thread (somehow) or is this a group I join?

Me: 1 - LNS: 0
    (LNS is lurking there... its loosing now but it knows I am weak and it will pounce if I aren't careful... ) :)
  • more44
    more44 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I tend to drink coffee with a cookie or toast after dinner and I've trying to quit doing that this sounds like a good challenge
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    oooo I'm in, my munching is a nightmare
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    Me: 1 LNS:0
    Knowing that I would have to post here is what kept the munchie monster at bay :)
  • mermaid916
    mermaid916 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is one my greatest weakness. I'm in.
  • emcemayo
    emcemayo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Me : 1. LNS : 0