Starting Couch to 5K (c25k) Monday, May 9th! Anyone with me?

Options

Replies

• KaeChelle
    KaeChelle Posts: 576
    Options
    I'd like to join too. I'm not a runner and I have a feeling I may need to repeat a days but I really would like to be able to RUN!! Good luck everyone!! I know we can do this!!

I'm not a runner at all, and this is going to be a challenge, but you're right...we can do this!
  • DEgal99
    DEgal99 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I want in too! I tried this before and I fell off the wagon so to speak. But I think with a good group of people and motivation I'll be able to stick with it this time! :)
  • cjw6
    cjw6 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Me too. I have always loathed running, ever since school, but would really like to get over that and improve my fitness. C25K looks manageable(?!) I think.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I did week 1 Day 1 this morning - and survived :bigsmile:
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Wooooot welcome everybody!!! This is such a big, fun group of supporters! Tomorrow after my first C25K workout (bright and early at 8:30 AM... Eeek!!) I'll post our new thread for Week 1. It will include a list of everyone that has committed to this (and my brilliantly creative name for this group, which is a surprise... because I haven't thought of it yet... :laugh: ).

I'm excited, but also nervous; I don't know how my body is going to react to this lol. But it's not going to stop me from giving it all I've got and rockin' this tomorrow! :smile:

Everybody get as good of a night's sleep as possible! LET'S DO IT, Y'ALL!!!! :heart:
  • 123nikki123
    123nikki123 Posts: 527
    Options
    So happy that I found this! I downloaded the app for my phone tonight! I am starting tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • Makers72
    Makers72 Posts: 65
    Options
    Im in :) 9:00 am it will start!
  • nessaanne86
    nessaanne86 Posts: 15
    Options
    I'm in! I started like 2 months ago and stopped. But deffinalty wanna start again . 9 am , trails here u come :-). IPhone charging :)
  • breannk
    breannk Posts: 92
    Options
    im in :smile: i have started it a couple times but never finished! im ready to finish it this time! :smile:
  • utgirl1172
    utgirl1172 Posts: 12
    Options
    I need some help..I'm trying to download a podcast for my ipod and none of the ones I'm finding will go into my itunes library. All the ones I have found that are already on itunes aren't for beginners.. does anyone have any suggestions that you know will go into itunes for an ipod? Thanks!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    Welcome everybody! I don't really have any help for those searching for podcasts, I haven't looked into that yet :/ Sorry!

But I just completed my first workout and I gotta tell ya, this is not for weaklings, lol XD But it feels GREAT afterwards :) I have a little headache because of the sun (and that's how my body responds to hard workouts) but otherwise I feel really energized!

I named our group FireRunners, because we're scorching the fat and when we're done we'll run like we're on fire ;) So look for that name when I start our new thread (I'll post the link here too).

Hope y'all have as much success as I had today! :)

ETA: Here's the link--

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/235921-firerunners-c25k-may-9th-group-week-1
  • nuttylou
    nuttylou Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    There is an NHS one on itunes hun, I just searched couch to 25k on the actual itunes site and a few came up.

I have completed day 1 today and I felt it was ok, I carried on walking once it had finished to 30mins and then did the cross trainer (25 mins) and bike (10mins) something tells me it is going to hit me in the harder weeks though :-) x
  • heathermrls
    heathermrls Posts: 91
    Options
    anyone on the firerunners team add me as a friend:)
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    :happy: I know and Thank You!!!!
  • pixietoes
    pixietoes Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I just finished Day 3 Week 1 today. I found the iPhone app and it made things really easy, it even has a stretching guide which is good if you need it.
  • heathermrls
    heathermrls Posts: 91
    Options
    ok people i need some help logging my first day of c25k. i guess i did this wrong. i did the workout like i was supposed to but i didn't use a hrm and i dont know what my speed was, so how to i know how many calories i lost? how should i log this. guess my log wont be very accurate.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I added up my total walking time and entered that, and then my total running time and entered that.
  • ljc1057
    ljc1057 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    This is my second go round doing C25K. I did it last year and then when winter set in I couldn't find time to keep going.

I used DJBeatsmith last time and really liked it. Here's a link http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html

Just finished W2D1. Feel free to add me as a friend.

A group like this was the reason I made it last time, so I've very excited about the Firerunners!! Thanks HaleyAllie!!
  • HaleyAlli
    Options
    You're very welcome! And yeah, I did the same; adding up my running time and walking time. I only burned 120 cals, but I'm a shortie, so I guess that's correct haha :)
  • jala9656
    jala9656 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am in!