Paleo Diet

Options
Try doing the paleo diet Eating lean meats fruits veggies and nuts. It worked for me and it can work for you.

Replies

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Yoiks! Wasn't expecting that kind of response to OP.
  • giantrobot_powerlifting
    giantrobot_powerlifting Posts: 2,598 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Brevity is a hallmark of clarity, but not in this case.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Not to be pessimistic but I don't think this will end well... :huh:
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Wow, you convinced me! Awesome, I'm going Paleo today!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Strong first post.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    personally I could not live without bread , chunky peanut butter. Now I do agree that "paleo" is a smart way of eating for general health and wellness. but in my opinion u should only eliminate certain foods if they don't agree with you or they make you sick.
  • 3shirts
    3shirts Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    dgbg.gif
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I admit that I'm not always paleo, but when I am paleo...i also find that it works.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yeah....no thank you.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Tried it, but found it far too restrictive for my taste. Lost weight without it just fine, thanks.
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Define worked? Your ticker says you have 29 pounds to lose and have lost 0 so far. Not throwing stones because I have more to lose than you but why should I trust your advice when I've already lost more weight than you?

Boom. :)
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    LOL, nice. Paleo as defined by the original author of the Paleo Diet or as defined and modified by CrossFit?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jj_16 wrote: »
    Eating lean meats fruits veggies and nuts. It worked for me and it can work for you.

I eat those things, and it works great for me!

Oh, right, and I also eat dairy and legumes and sometimes grains. Not to mention some lovely pork shoulder from a local farm, despite it not being all that lean. Why would I give up locally grown corn and potatoes (you never get a clear answer on potatoes) or the beans I can grow in my own garden or my homemade apple pie with ice cream. Or, for that matter, greek yogurt.

Besides, it's too much work to figure out what my particular ancestors would have been eating at whatever particular time in human history is supposed to be relevant (although they were obviously drinking milk from other animals pretty early on, compared to some other areas of the world).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    do I get a free spear and loincloth if I start paleo today???
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    latest?cb=20130113165639
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    also, I eat a lot of whole food nutrition and feel no need to demonize legumes and dairy...or tomatoes.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Define worked? Your ticker says you have 29 pounds to lose and have lost 0 so far. Not throwing stones because I have more to lose than you but why should I trust your advice when I've already lost more weight than you?

Duh, he was trying to gain on the Paleo diet and successfully got 29lbs overweight...
  • heyhey2015
    heyhey2015 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    3shirts wrote: »
    dgbg.gif

Hilarious.... First laugh of my day...thank you very much....
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    jj_16 wrote: »
    Eating lean meats fruits veggies and nuts. It worked for me and it can work for you.

I eat those things, and it works great for me!

Oh, right, and I also eat dairy and legumes and sometimes grains. Not to mention some lovely pork shoulder from a local farm, despite it not being all that lean. Why would I give up locally grown corn and potatoes (you never get a clear answer on potatoes) or the beans I can grow in my own garden or my homemade apple pie with ice cream. Or, for that matter, greek yogurt.

Besides, it's too much work to figure out what my particular ancestors would have been eating at whatever particular time in human history is supposed to be relevant (although they were obviously drinking milk from other animals pretty early on, compared to some other areas of the world).

That settles it. I'm going to lemurcat's for dinner.
  • Naley2322
    Naley2322 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    the "paleo" diet is anthropologically incorrect anyways