3 weeks no sugar

Options

Replies

• glasshalffull713
    glasshalffull713 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are very judgmental. Thanks for setting me straight.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious how uppity folks get when anyone mentions cutting out processed sugar. Nobody is trying to force it on anybody else. Some people feel better when they don't have sugar in their diet. What's the big deal?

beside the fact that it is totally unnecessary and dumb…nothing...

Wrong. One-size does not fit all.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I'm so excited! I haven't read through the entire thread, yet, but that's exactly what I'm doing (3 weeks without sweets/chocolate). Chocolate is my N-E-M-E-S-I-S!

I'm only 4 days in, but! Only 17 more to go! ;D

Good luck to you on your goal!

It gets easier when I work out knowing I'm working towards something

And the longer you stick with it the easier it becomes. The cravings do subside and in my case, when I do have some sort of candy or baked good it is so overwhelming sweet I only need a couple bites.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I'm so excited! I haven't read through the entire thread, yet, but that's exactly what I'm doing (3 weeks without sweets/chocolate). Chocolate is my N-E-M-E-S-I-S!

And the longer you stick with it the easier it becomes. The cravings do subside and in my case, when I do have some sort of candy or baked good it is so overwhelming sweet I only need a couple bites.

If I had mentally grasped the the craving would subside I think I could have pushed through the two hellish weeks it took for my cravings to start fading away years ago. Well falsely thinking carbs are a needed food group also held me from cutting out added sugar too.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

If I had mentally grasped the the craving would subside I think I could have pushed through the two hellish weeks it took for my cravings to start fading away years ago. Well falsely thinking carbs are a needed food group also held me from cutting out added sugar too.
    are you referring to the real you or the fake profile that you created for MFP??

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I think it's hilarious how uppity folks get when anyone mentions cutting out processed sugar. Nobody is trying to force it on anybody else. Some people feel better when they don't have sugar in their diet. What's the big deal?

beside the fact that it is totally unnecessary and dumb…nothing...

how's about you do what you want and the o.p. can do what they want?
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    No need to lecture the guy - not gonna fix him. Meanwhile, the stupid comments are briefly fun to read. Might be a troll anyway - 13000+ posts, are they all like that? See, this why "ignore-user" was so great.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    OP, what improvements have you noticed?
  • svetlanaorly
    svetlanaorly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    no sugar for three weeks. On track feeling good.
    Keep at it! I'm on paleo and have cut added sugar, caffeine, dairy and gluten it for 2 months, it was hard at first, but gets better. My doc ok'd reasonable amount of stevia and 100% dark chocolate(if your can handle it :-)). Now fruit is all I need for sweets :)
  • benjaminhk
    benjaminhk Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    No sugar for three weeks? Congratulations on your impending hospitalization and death. :-P
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I don't eat added sugars. So just naturally occurring sugar. It's always hard the first week! Great job for getting to 3 weeks! Ignore the haters. Your doing what works for you :) feel free to add me
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    mikediverfl - I'm on day 10 of cutting out added sugar and I don't eat too many sweats and I'm feeling good too! Still struggling a bit for my super sweet coffee fix but that will pass...........so I hear :)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options

You do know that Honey is sugar and that blueberries contain sugar as do most of the things you've been eating. I think you use the word sugar and do not know what it means
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how you avoid all sugar? I understand not eating any highly processed foods, because they pretty much all have added sugar and/or sodium, but what are you eating to avoid sugars that are in raw fruits and vegetables? Even meat has some naturally occurring sugar.
    I guess I am a hater, but I don't see how it is possible or sustainable.
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    In his defense, he did clarify in a later post that he meant he cut down on sugar in his snacks:

mikediverfl wrote: »
    I log everything I eat plus everything I do in the gym. I eat within my limit to loose 1-2 lbs a week. I do not eat candy/cokes/pies/brownies ect ect . thats what I mean by sugar. Junk food was the love of my life.. I did't mean to start an argument here. Looks like I posted in the wrong place and to some didn't clarify what I meant..

_Zardoz_ wrote: »
    You do know that Honey is sugar and that blueberries contain sugar as do most of the things you've been eating. I think you use the word sugar and do not know what it means

This post has everyone's knickers in a twist! LOL! :p>:)
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The thing is making bold statements like I've quit sugar is meaningless as is I've cut out all Junk food. I personally don't really care what people cut out that's there look out. It's this strange attitude especially to sugar that because they count it as 'processed' it's going to miraculously make them healthier. Honey has the same chemical make up as HFCS so one is good just because bees make it? That's just plain silly.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Another sugar is the devil >:) thread.......as I have said hundreds of times, I eat sugary foods and have reverse my heart issues and this past Monday my doctor said I am great health. So I will keep eating sugary foods in moderation. :p
  • Chickaboo2014
    Chickaboo2014 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I personally think it is unnecessary to cut out ANY food (unless of course you have an allergy or it makes you feel ill, etc.). Eat in moderation and exert yourself every now and then. Figure out what works for you and follow that plan. B) (*)