What piece of clothing is motivating you?

Options
12346»

Replies

• joh3092
    joh3092 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Just about everything. As I lost Goodwill and consignment stores were my friends. I had not worn jeans in years, now I have a ton of them. Getting into 501 jeans with a 32 waist and wearing a 40R jacket were the goals. I made those...now I just want to be in them into the future.
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    Jolinia wrote: »
    My favorite jeans. I can still wear them. As long as I'm willing to give up some quality of life habits like bending and breathing.

Breathing and blood circulation are both so overrated!

I thought so, too, but the public humiliation of dropping my keys and having to ask someone to pick them up for me because my jeans are too tight seemed not worth the risk!
  • OldWomanRuns
    OldWomanRuns Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My motivation tends to go the opposite way -- what clothes motivate me? The clothes I just convinced myself to get rid of and never have to buy that up size again! When the new clothes I had to buy after losing weight start feeling tight - I know I have not been smart with my lifestyle and that kicks me into gear. Lucky for me I am way too old to worry about bikinis or skinny jeans ;) Would love to be comfortable in another size down, though.
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Aviflora wrote: »
    This outfit.

My best friend's wedding is in less than a year, and this is the uniform for the bachelorette party, which is in August.

God help me.

lmao! Let us pray...
  • astrose00
    astrose00 Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    astrose00 wrote: »
    My favorite jeans. I can still wear them. As long as I'm willing to give up some quality of life habits like bending and breathing.

Breathing and blood circulation are both so overrated!

I thought so, too, but the public humiliation of dropping my keys and having to ask someone to pick them up for me because my jeans are too tight seemed not worth the risk!

bwah! You're killing me...
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    White jeans
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Being happy with my naked body is my motivation.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have a fantastic second-hand work wardrobe of skirts, dresses, etc., thanks to some fabulous friends and sisters. It took some work to fit into it last year, but I did and I rocked it out. But this year nothing fits in the waist anymore so I'm stuck wearing dumb black pants pretty much every day again. :(
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't have a certain piece of clothing that I can't wait to fit in again, it's more of looking forward to going to a normal store and being able to find clothes that fit me. As a plus size girl, I always have had issues with things fitting right or being able to find my size. I currently am teetering right in between plus size and women's. :)

I do have a black and white skirt and a couple of dresses that I love that I have held onto all these years and would love to fit into again. Also, the shirt I wore on my first date with my husband.
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I have an old summer/tea dress that I have just been able to squeeze back into after dropping 58lb. Hopefully in a few months i will be able to breathe comfortably in it too!

I also want to fit comfortably into Lululemon fitness clothing as I think it's gorgeous!
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a bikini hanging in my closet that is my motivation. I've never worn one. :(
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Luckie519 wrote: »
    I don't have a certain piece of clothing that I can't wait to fit in again, it's more of looking forward to going to a normal store and being able to find clothes that fit me. As a plus size girl, I always have had issues with things fitting right or being able to find my size. I currently am teetering right in between plus size and women's. :)

I do have a black and white skirt and a couple of dresses that I love that I have held onto all these years and would love to fit into again. Also, the shirt I wore on my first date with my husband.

That in between plus size and women's size spot can be brutal. Especially if you aren't the shape that the clothing makers assume you will be (e.g., small on top when many larger clothes are made for larger chested women.) It was awesome to move into all regular sizes. You can do it!

• Penny5518
    Penny5518 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have these mint green pants that I never wore because I was too nervous. Then I finally tried them on and...I can't fit in them. So I'm hoping to get back down low enough to be able to wear them and look incredible!