Options
124»

Replies

• maeadair
    maeadair Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread, know I am a little late but here is how I eat tuna:
    1)salad -with light mayo, diced cucumbers/tomatoes on lettuce
    2) tuna melt - Arnold thin multi grain round /tuna mixed with lite mayo/ slice tomatoe/thin slice of cheese( cheese varies with my desire that day - may be American/swiss/cheddar or combo) broil
    3) tuna pancake - mix tuna with minced onions,sweet peppers, grated bread crumbs ( make own from arnolds thin rounds - use about 1/2 round per pancake), dust with whole grain flour (season flour to taste... I use Mrs. Dash garlic and onion) and cook in pan using Pam spray. Crisp both sides.
    4) tuna wiggle- make a white sauce from rouix ( melt 3TB butter/margerine add 3TB flour , stir to cook flour, add milk -usually about 2 c.-stirring til desired thickness - takes a few minutes to thicken up- .) add drained water pack tuna and peas eat as is or put over crushed crackers of choice or toast. VERY DELICIOUS! Enjoy!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    mixed with mayo, celery, apple pieces, red onion and walnuts! delicious

This does sound delicious!!

I usually just add a can of tuna to a lettuce salad and season with lemon pepper or Mrs. Dash.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Take an Ole Extreme Wellness high fiber tortilla. Top with 1 small can of well-drained tuna in water (3 oz after draining).
    Top tuna with 1 TBSP Sabra artichoke & spinach hummus & 1 tsp dijon mustard. Top that with 5-6 grilled asparagus spears, roll up and enjoy!! I keep a baggie of grilled asparagus spears in the fridge and have this wrap for lunch several times a week. Super fast & 218 calories total! DELICIOUS!
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    Great ideas, thank you!!!
  • lizzil0
    lizzil0 Posts: 181 Member
    Options

One of my new favorites are these tuna melt pizzas made with bisquik. I use the heart healthy kind, you make a dough, then you mix tuna with ranch dressing to spread on the crust, throw some tomatoes and some cheese (sparingly). Bake. Yummy yummy, and low calorie!
    This sounds so good! I bet you could mix the tuna with a spoonful of cream of mushroom soup instead of the ranch, and sharp cheddar on top- kind of like tuna noodle casserole flavors.