How did I gain 3 pounds on 800 calories a day?

Options
Ok so for two months I had a 800 calorie diet that worked great. I lost 25 pounds but then after getting some blood work decided to make my diet more "Heart Friendly". I switched to Almond milk, added Dark chocolate, Sardines and Red wine. Still only 800 calories a day and yet amazingly after a week I gained 3 pounds ... how is this remotely possible? Bear in mind I exercise 15 mins a day. Obviously I switched back to my previous diet plan but I just would like some scientific reasoning behind the weight gain.

Replies

• DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    sardines = salt = water weight.

800 calories a day is not going to get you a lot of positive feedback here, just forewarning.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    There is no way on earth you are getting all the nutrients you need on 800 cals a day - esp if you use some on wine and chocolate.

Your heart is a muscle - a 800 cal a day diet will see you losing a lot of muscle, therefore NOTHING about this diet is heart healthy.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    trixieloo wrote: »

800 calories a day is not going to get you a lot of positive feedback here, just forewarning.

It will get deleted as talking about dangerous diets is against the TOS (all hail)
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    did you correctly measure the wine? The people that know me, know when I say one glass of wine, I mean one red solo cup of wine.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

I mean. Should it get positive feedback, unless medically supervisored (which, judging by what's being eaten, I doubt.)

OP: you probably eat more than you think. At least I hope you do.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    800 calories a day is NOT heart healthy.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    did you correctly measure the wine? The people that know me, know when I say one glass of wine, I mean one red solo cup of wine.

Seriously??????????
  • Thantanos
    Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options

But my sardines are only 260 mg of salt. My salt intake is way low. mmm it is possible I only gained water weight and my losses would have started again but after not loosing i got scared.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    800 calories per day for a 38 year old male?!?!? WHY? :'(
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Seriously??????????
    it was a joke.
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    800 calories a day is not healthy. Good heavens, please eat more food.
  • Thantanos
    Options
    There is no way on earth you are getting all the nutrients you need on 800 cals a day - esp if you use some on wine and chocolate.

Your heart is a muscle - a 800 cal a day diet will see you losing a lot of muscle, therefore NOTHING about this diet is heart healthy.

I wont try to convince you a low calorie diet is the pinnacle of health. Its a personal choice that has lost me slow weight successfully. I also take supplements and all my nutritional needs are being met.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Because he wants to lose all his muscle, then hair then heart health.

probably a lack of patience. 
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Hyperbole!!!
  • Thantanos
    Options

Oh yes I measured in ounces (5 only).
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Thantanos wrote: »

I wont try to convince you a low calorie diet is the pinnacle of health. Its a personal choice that has lost me slow weight successfully. I also take supplements and all my nutritional needs are being met.

lol lol lol

25lbs in 2 months is not slow.

Natural selection at work.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    You need to stop this nonsense. Now.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Seriously??????????
    it was a joke.

Thank god - sorry sometimes its hard to tell in these threads.
  • Thantanos
    Options

Whelp im 50% fat. And to be honest I am NEVER hungry on my diet plan. I work, I workout I have tons of energy and loosing weight is making me happy.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Thantanos wrote: »

I'm sorry, but no, your nutritional needs are not being met with 800 calories a day.