How did I gain 3 pounds on 800 calories a day?

Options

Replies

• jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options

did you correctly measure the wine? The people that know me, know when I say one glass of wine, I mean one red solo cup of wine.

Seriously??????????
    it was a joke.

Thank god - sorry sometimes its hard to tell in these threads.
    - well i do drink my wine out of red solo cup. but i really wasn't concerned on how OP was measuring his wine. Because I think OP might be just trying to have some fun with us...

• Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Thantanos wrote: »
    800 calories per day for a 38 year old male?!?!? WHY? :'(

Whelp im 50% fat. And to be honest I am NEVER hungry on my diet plan. I work, I workout I have tons of energy and loosing weight is making me happy.

Anorexics don't feel hungry.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    800 calories per day for a 38 year old male?!?!? WHY? :'(

Whelp im 50% fat. And to be honest I am NEVER hungry on my diet plan. I work, I workout I have tons of energy and loosing weight is making me happy.

What are your stats? Nevermind the lack of hunger, do you not realize that what you are doing is EXTREMELY unhealthy? All the supplements in the world (which btw, are not the best way to get your necessary vitamins and minerals) would not make this healthy OR sustainable.

Help us to help you.

• myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I agree with eveyone else here. Start eating more and the weight may start to shift.
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    did you correctly measure the wine? The people that know me, know when I say one glass of wine, I mean one red solo cup of wine.

Oh yes I measured in ounces (5 only).
    try cutting down to 4 ounces

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I do intermittent fasting, and on the days I eat between 500-900 calories I am miles away from hitting my macros. It's just impossible! !!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options

Seriously??????????
    it was a joke.

Thank god - sorry sometimes its hard to tell in these threads.
    - well i do drink my wine out of red solo cup. but i really wasn't concerned on how OP was measuring his wine. Because I think OP might be just trying to have some fun with us...

Possibly - but I'm erring on the side of caution for the lurkers.

It will be deleted soon.
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options

Daiako wrote: »
    trixieloo wrote: »
    sardines = salt = water weight.

800 calories a day is not going to get you a lot of positive feedback here, just forewarning.

I mean. Should it get positive feedback, unless medically supervisored (which, judging by what's being eaten, I doubt.)

No, it's crazy stupid. I just wasn't going to be the one to start it. :)
  • aplcr0331
    aplcr0331 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Of all the discussion boards I've been on in the last 16 years...this one is the easiest to troll. I don't get it.
  • Thantanos
    Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My Stats? Well I am 5' 6" 234 pounds. I run 15 mins a day, do pushups, squats. Really I have been enjoying this plan for two months. I should mention that I do cheat once per week at a place of my choice, but my cheating is always under my maintenance calorie count.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • savvyfantastic
    savvyfantastic Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You may have lost weight successfully but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. Keep in mind you can lose 'weight' from everything from fat mass to muscle mass to bone density depending on the composition of what you are eating and your lifestyle.

I find it extremely hard to believe your RDI's of various vitamins and nutrients are met using an 800 calorie diet that includes alcohol (which shouldn't be considered just for calories alone, given the way it affects your metabolic pathways) and chocolate. While you acknowledge it's a personal choice to eat so little to lose weight, it's an unsustainable one.

The MFP blogs have a series called Nutrition 101, I'd suggest having a read and really sitting down with someone qualified to assess how you can really meet your needs.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    aplcr0331 wrote: »
    Of all the discussion boards I've been on in the last 16 years...this one is the easiest to troll. I don't get it.

Sadly some posts like this are real. Some of us post real answers for the lurkers who may read this and think it is a good idea before it gets deleted
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    There is no way on earth you are getting all the nutrients you need on 800 cals a day - esp if you use some on wine and chocolate.

Your heart is a muscle - a 800 cal a day diet will see you losing a lot of muscle, therefore NOTHING about this diet is heart healthy.

I wont try to convince you a low calorie diet is the pinnacle of health. Its a personal choice that has lost me slow weight successfully. I also take supplements and all my nutritional needs are being met.

25 lbs in 2 months is slow!? That's over 3 lbs per week! The EXTREME rate at which you should lose weight is 2 lbs per week. Not a single doctor would suggest losing more, and most will say 1/week is ideal.

You're doing this all wrong. Start eating more before you kill yourself.
  • paulawatkins1974
    paulawatkins1974 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    umm, perhaps if he's gaining weight he's actually eating much more than 800 cals
  • jillmarie125
    Options
    umm, perhaps if he's gaining weight he's actually eating much more than 800 cals

thumbs up for logic!
  • Thantanos
    Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You may have lost weight successfully but that doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. Keep in mind you can lose 'weight' from everything from fat mass to muscle mass to bone density depending on the composition of what you are eating and your lifestyle.

I find it extremely hard to believe your RDI's of various vitamins and nutrients are met using an 800 calorie diet that includes alcohol (which shouldn't be considered just for calories alone, given the way it affects your metabolic pathways) and chocolate. While you acknowledge it's a personal choice to eat so little to lose weight, it's an unsustainable one.

The MFP blogs have a series called Nutrition 101, I'd suggest having a read and really sitting down with someone qualified to assess how you can really meet your needs.

I think people are doing a LOT of assuming here. As part of my insurance plan I made my original diet with a Real Dieticians guidance.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

I hope the OP is a troll.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

Sadly some posts like this are real. Some of us post real answers for the lurkers who may read this and think it is a good idea before it gets deleted

I think it's real. There are many many people out there who restrict their calories to dangerously low levels to lose weight as quickly as possible. Health comes second to losing the weight...

• Iron_Feline
    Options

I hope the OP is a troll.

Me too.