Need friends to push me through gaining!

Options
13»

Replies

• NoMorePaiN7
    NoMorePaiN7 Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    3000 calories!!!
    Ima a guy and it said I need 2080 Cals to gain 1 pound a week, plus u really don't need the quick gains cuz u ain't skinny in the first place for ur height. I want to put weight as well, so, if u figure out a clean gains plan, u let me know. Always keep going and never stop till u achieve ur goal.

2800 for a guy trying to gain probably isn't enough unless you're quiet short.

I started at 2500 and worked my way up to over 3K at the end of 5 months.

also- you're grammar and poor choice of substituted "words" makes your post almost impossible to read.

It's not that difficult to type out "you".

secondly- clean gains = small surplus =/= clean food.

eat all the things.
    lift all the things.

Thx for the advices, bro.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I agree that you're bulking far too fast. You can really only gain 1/4 lb muscle per week and the rest is going to be fat. The result will be a very slow and tedious cut at the end of it when you wake up one morning and you've got a muffin top over your jeans!

The four pounds in the last month are as AliceDark observed probably glycogen and water weight plus some fat plus perhaps 1lb of muscle. Your lifting routine is too broken up, and there's not enough compound all body lifting going on.

Take the surplus to 250 cals per day. I did this and had great ratio of muscle gain to the fat. In fact my lines were so smooth I didn't even need to cut at the end, but did anyway to get my running times down.

Im 5'7" 127lb, in the picture I'm the same weight. I've been a couple of pounds heavier and double the body fat percentage and it did not look good. Nope.
  • madiha1397
    madiha1397 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This only only my first week of trying to gain. Similar to you I'm too skinny. I'm like a bag of bones. 8'7 foot and weigh 117.6 pounds. I need to do more weight training Cuz I don't want to be flabby. Everywhere you read it says eat more eat more eat more. I'm finding it hard. So glad I'm not alone wanting to gain weight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    embee2301 wrote: »
    Yeh its tough. It can be hard to get so many calories in when they are clean!!!! Sometimes I get to that sixth meal and I'm like really is it time to again!? I love it though. I love how strong I feel and how my weights keep getting heavier. I did a body composition scan a week ago so I will be interested to see what that shows after 30 days. :)

then don't eat clean ..

problem solved.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I'm on a bulk plan and I consume over 3000 calories a day. It is hard but I try to take in more carbs than protein. I really stay away from all the junk food or any microwavable meals. Eat a lot of brown rice for complex carbs &snack 1 cup Greek yogurt with bare naked oats &berries. Drinking lots of milk helps & raw oatmeal soaked in milk will up those calories a lot. Especially if you mix in fruits and all that :)
    That's what I consume 3k and that's hard as hell lol

you need to incorporate ice cream, bagels, pasta, full fat cheese and yogurt, etc….

Like wheel said, don't get hung up on healthy vs unhealthy or clean vs non clean …that is just food moralism…

• saltlife2414
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I'm on a bulk plan and I consume over 3000 calories a day. It is hard but I try to take in more carbs than protein. I really stay away from all the junk food or any microwavable meals. Eat a lot of brown rice for complex carbs &snack 1 cup Greek yogurt with bare naked oats &berries. Drinking lots of milk helps & raw oatmeal soaked in milk will up those calories a lot. Especially if you mix in fruits and all that :)
    That's what I consume 3k and that's hard as hell lol

you need to incorporate ice cream, bagels, pasta, full fat cheese and yogurt, etc….

Like wheel said, don't get hung up on healthy vs unhealthy or clean vs non clean …that is just food moralism…

Thank you I will do that!!
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I wanted to gain back 30 pounds after I had my baby, but so far at 7 months out I've only gained back about 20. But I've gotten strong. I'm hovering where I am now, within 3 to 5 pounds it fluctuates. I've recently started prepping snacks and lunches the way I prep dinners and my husband's lunch, so I'm hoping it helps me eat more, usually I'm too busy to make something so I just go until lunch, then go till dinner.......
  • fitbit8
    fitbit8 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Give it time....it takes a lot of time too:)
  • ckanders87
    ckanders87 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    If I gotta hear your so skinny one more time I'm gonna pop someone!

I hear that! I'm having trouble being patient, too, but I only started last week. It sounds like you're doing well!
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    ckanders87 wrote: »
    If I gotta hear your so skinny one more time I'm gonna pop someone!

I hear that! I'm having trouble being patient, too, but I only started last week. It sounds like you're doing well!
    Thank you I'm trying! And you will do great as well friend me I'll give you the names of a couple people that have really helped me along my WGJ!
  • saltlife2414
    Options
    Jennloella wrote: »
    I wanted to gain back 30 pounds after I had my baby, but so far at 7 months out I've only gained back about 20. But I've gotten strong. I'm hovering where I am now, within 3 to 5 pounds it fluctuates. I've recently started prepping snacks and lunches the way I prep dinners and my husband's lunch, so I'm hoping it helps me eat more, usually I'm too busy to make something so I just go until lunch, then go till dinner.......
    Jennloella wrote: »

Wow never thought to prep snacks and what not that's a great idea!!! Thx!