Girls and Weight training? Yes or No?

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I do! I am trying to become stronger and like having a firm body. It would also be awesome if I could take up some of the loose skin via muscle growth, even if it won't be much.

I personally do not find being called a girl offensive because it gives me a feeling of youth, and I'm middle aged lol so you know I take it where I can get it. XD Where I live, we often refer affectionately to men as "the boys."
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    This thread:

Epic-Fail---Trainwreck.jpg
  • 530roman
    530roman Posts: 1,819 Member
    Options
    How many of the girls here do weight training? and If not why not?

All the benefits are to numerous to list, and the reasons not to are based on myths an misconceptions!

- Weight training can even majorly effect how efficient your body is at burning fat meaning you can eat more.
    - It can fight skin, muscular and skeletal ageing.
    - You'll look better naked
    - daily life is easier when you're stronger
    - Weight training will boost the amount of kcals you burn in the gym and can be incorporated into your cardio routines easily

A basic weights program categorically will NOT make you "bulky" "manly" or grow a beard! :p

Terry

p.s feel free to add me, I'll do the same ;)

OP this is not Twitter

BlackElatedHarpyeagle.gif

I'm a boy, and I lift (for informational purposes)
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Dear OP,

Stop digging.

Nah its good workout!

I wont do research or speak from experience in future I'll just ask questions of the al'mighty instead.

Well maybe prove yourself a bit, instead of being a condescending ________ (you can fill in the blank) What experience do you bring? Right now you are just some annoying guy

Also why just pick out the poor helpless girls, what about the guys? Lifting isn't good for them?

But they don't need instruction, just us poor girls.

Not wanting to get too bulky, while not universally a female goal, is far more common in XX than XY. Similar goals and all.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Dear OP,

Stop digging.

Nah its good workout!

I wont do research or speak from experience in future I'll just ask questions of the al'mighty instead.

Well maybe prove yourself a bit, instead of being a condescending ________ (you can fill in the blank) What experience do you bring? Right now you are just some annoying guy

Also why just pick out the poor helpless girls, what about the guys? Lifting isn't good for them?

Uh huh I need a big strong man to show me what to do... guess I should look outside of this thread
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    Alidecker wrote: »
    I lift, you can call me a girl all you want, no offense taken. I am more offended when someone calls me ma'am....makes me feel old :)

Heh. That's how I feel when someone calls me Mrs. Stroehm. That's my mother damn it. Not me. :D
    I'm always sad because no one calls me Dr. Except my mom. Then someone does randomly, and I get confused...

Heh. My BFF is the only one who calls me Dr. regularly.
    I did have a funny experience recently. I spoke at a board meeting. Later I read the minutes.
    All the men with Ph.D.s HAD their titles in the minutes. Dr. Soandso said... I was listed as Ms. Stroehm. Ms. Stroehm stated that...

I politely contact them and said I knew they didn't want to appear sexist. All or nothing. Either we all get our titles (if known) or none of us do. Not all the male Ph.Ds are Dr. and the one female Ph.D. is Ms. They were mortified. Minutes were quickly changed. :D
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    What did I just walk in to?

• kennie2
    kennie2 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    of course, mostly light weights but thats because I'm super weak, squats with 15kg and lunges with 10 tho eventually i wanna get to half my body weight
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    DYELB wrote: »
    Dear OP,

Stop digging.

Nah its good workout!

Not wanting to get too bulky, while not universally a female goal, is far more common in XX than XY. Similar goals and all.

I don't see him starting thread for the boys though?

He seems to only want to help educate us poor girlies - both here and in other threads.
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    Dear OP,

Stop digging.

Nah its good workout!

Uh huh I need a big strong man to show me what to do... guess I should look outside of this thread

it's ok DYELB is here
  • anarchysbitch
    anarchysbitch Posts: 64 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm sure people will take offence to this too but why are people so *kitten* precious these days? Seriously, political correctness has gotten outta hand! If the intent behind the OP's question wasn't nasty then why the *kitten* is everyone getting on thier damn high horses? Toughen up people!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I lift! I used to run 4 miles 4-5 times a week and my body never looked as tight as it's starting to. I enjoy feeling like more of a badass and strong.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    I'm sure people will take offence to this too bit why are people so *kitten* precious these days? Seriously, political correctness has gotten outta hand! If the intent behind the OP's question wasn't nasty then why the *kitten* is everyone getting on thier damn high horses?

Pot, meet kettle.
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

A guy digging a hole and throwing the dirt on himself. And/or someone who hasn't realized their lack of oxygen is due to their head being in close proximity to their backside. :)

• deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    OP, sending creepy PM's is a better way to collect "girls". Maybe some who really want your expert guidance.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    PRMinx wrote: »

A guy digging a hole and throwing the dirt on himself. And/or someone who hasn't realized their lack of oxygen is due to their head being in close proximity to their backside. :)

LOL.

Well, I think I'll just sit back and watch. While drinking my protein. Because, get SWOLE yo!
  • Iron_Feline
    Options
    I'm sure people will take offence to this too but why are people so *kitten* precious these days? Seriously, political correctness has gotten outta hand! If the intent behind the OP's question wasn't nasty then why the *kitten* is everyone getting on thier damn high horses? Toughen up people!

Maybe you should write a list telling us what should and shouldn't offend us.

(although us disliking this clearly offends you)
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Agreed, anarchysbitch (love the name, btw). I don't particularly like being called a "girl" and no, I don't "need" a man to tell me what to do....but the OP intention wasn't to be a douche, it was to encourage.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options

BlackElatedHarpyeagle.gif

"This is my wall"

"I unlike you"

OMG I love that so hard.... Every time I see it I crack up! XD It's as good as the goth club Heineken commercial.

This discussion has been closed.