What's your favorite way to cook Eggs?

Options

Replies

• AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Thinking about it, I haven't fried an egg for ages. I need to get back on it :)
  • viajar1
    Options
    try any of the recipes you find when you look up shakshuka. Bottom line you heat a can of diced tomatoes with whatever spice or veggie you like in a fry pan and then crack an egg into the mixture and top with a lid until egg reaches the doneness you like. I make it all the way from Mexican to Italian with the spices.
  • Poached medium drag cracked pepper and light kosher salt with whole wheat toast lightly buttered with smart balance with 2 strips turkey bacon.
  • AlciaMode wrote: »
    Baked into an avocado with some hot sauce

tqcagk7re0iv.jpg

I will do have to try that! I love avocados! Would you send me how to do it so it is not over cooked please
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    In an omelet with lots of veggies, feta, sometimes some meat too. Of course with the yolks, I don't add milk.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Egg whites scrabbled with spinach!

I second that choice.
  • Flava18
    Flava18 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with some seasoning and a dash of Tabasco through it.....magic

If you are in a rush raw is always an option. I do it most mornings.
  • BklynFitGuy
    BklynFitGuy Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    All of these options sound delicious. How are the calories and macros? I'm always afraid to blow too many calories in the morning.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I have no idea how to poach eggs, or make them over easy, which is why I just fry them, lol.
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Fry up some garlic and onion, scramble in the eggs, then just before they're done, throw in chopped up spinach & feta, along with pepper and maybe some italian seasoning.

Too good!
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I prefer to stand and watch while the cafeteria chef cooks mine.
  • AntonioP23
    AntonioP23 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    Fry up some garlic and onion, scramble in the eggs, then just before they're done, throw in chopped up spinach & feta, along with pepper and maybe some italian seasoning.

Too good!

Never thought of Feta !!

Thanks for sharing
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I prefer to stand and watch while the cafeteria chef cooks mine.

Or sit at a table while the guy in the back makes them into an omelet and someone else brings them to my table with hash browns and coffee.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Fried in a little bacon grease. I'm "old school" and always have a small container of bacon grease in the fridge for eggs and/or cauliflower, cabbage, asparagus, green beans, etc.
  • Sercee
    Sercee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Basted or poached soft with whole grain toast, in a Benny, or baked in avocado!
  • hikezilla
    hikezilla Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Fried, over easy, salt and pepper....with hard dry rye toast.
  • DeliVibes
    DeliVibes Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love eggs!
    Scrambled with tomatoes and onion for a savory snack or make a pancaked mixed with a banana for a sweet snack.
  • HipsterWhovian
    HipsterWhovian Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Two whole eggs scrambled with butter, then a Laughing Cow. Served on toast with fried bacon and ketchup.
    I cook my eggs the Gordon Ramsay way
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Water bath.
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I have no idea how to poach eggs, or make them over easy, which is why I just fry them, lol.

Crack an egg into a small bowl. Fill a small pot with water, bring to gentle boil, turn down to low and stir the heck out of it. While it's still rolling, drop the egg into the middle of the 'whirl pool' (the whites will go flying crazy all over the place, but don't worry -- they'll gather in on themselves and make a little coat for the yolk). Cook three to four minutes. Remove from water with slotted spoon and gently drop on whatever you're eating with it.

(figured this out after researching lots of different ways to do it. Turned out KISS was best! No vinegar, no 'super-fresh' eggs, no bags or special cups or anything)