Replies

• Chasy21
    Chasy21 Posts: 19
    Options
    For me definitly around a 9/10
  • MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I don't know what my ideal size is as I have never really spent any great length of time at any size other than an 18 plus.. tbh I'll be happy being a 16 but my mum is a 12 and she and I have very similar bone structures (even though mine is buried under a mountain of extra flab lol) so if i could get to that i would be chuffed but anything around a 14/16 would be fantastic.. obviously as long as it was maintainable that would make it perfect but as long as I never have to buy a size 20 top will be happy :)
  • Amberwaves01
    Options
    I've never been a non plus size so I'll be thrilled when I lose enough to shop at a regular store. Not sure if I have an "ideal" size but anything 10 and under I suppose. Great question!
  • FunSizedK
    FunSizedK Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would be so happy if I could get back to a size 5 US!!!!!! But I would just be happy to wear a size 7 again.
  • JMCade
    JMCade Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    US size 5/6
  • Metamorphasis555
    Options
    I'm 5'5" & currently a size 14 but I think size 6 is the perfect size for me.
  • emmajane_2288
    emmajane_2288 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    At the moment I can fit into SOME UK size 10, but to be honest I think im just kidding myself at the moment.

Last year I was able to fit into size 10's without too much worry. I would still have to try the clothes on in the shop, as some 10's are smaller than others, but the majority of the time they fitted me.

Within the last few months hardly ANY of the size 10's are fitting me, and if they do its with a struggle... I think thats why I havent bought many new clothes recently, because I dont want to admit to myself that I have gone up to a size 12 :(

Last week I bought a pair of size 10 shorts, they just about fit, if I pull them above my hips! I know this isnt how they are supposed to be worn though, so I would feel silly stepping out wearing them like it!

I have decided to keep these shorts, its something that I aim to fit into PROPERLY by the time summer comes around!!!

Going back to the topic in question, my ideal size is a UK size 10, but one where I can walk into a shop and pick a pair of jeans up KNOWING they are going to fit me :)

I would love to be able to fit into size 8 jeans, but Im afraid I will lose all my curves if this happens!

Im currently 152lbs and 5.6"
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    How many sizes bigger/smaller is an American size compared to a UK size? x

1-2x bigger.

So a size 6 in Canada is = 8-10 UK.

I know this is what clothes companies say, but it's actually more like 2-3 sizes. When I am a 10 (at 22-27) I am a US 5 in most brands, 6 in some. I would say a 6 is a large 10. Nowhere near a UK 8. A US size zero is a UK 6, which is the smallest size there is here.

It's kind of funny how sizes start at a 6 in the UK, who started that? Seems silly to ignore 0-6. Then again, wonder what size North American sizes first started with? Macy's history info anyone? Surely they never started with a 0. Size 0 and 00 have only existed in the last few years, at very most 10yrs so does that mean XS people didn't exist in 1960? I think the sizing movement towards xs and xxs at least in Canada is due to immigration over the past 20 years. Asian countries are the largest portion of immigrants and with much smaller builds, I would presume the clothing manufacturers just adapted. That and girls are dressing older and older for their age. Girls age 12-14 can be found in Stitches trying on club-wear and super-mini's and due to their frame they are size 0's.

Yeah but I sometimes wear an XS, sometimes S, sometimes M. All depending on the cut and brand. And I'm a hearty Canadian girl with 30% body fat LOL. Sometimes a 4 still fits me, other times I need a size 8. The whole system is WHACK- I wish it was all based on inches, would be soooo much easier.
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    A 10-12 is about the lowest I can go without looking sickly.
  • mirandamatte
    mirandamatte Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I will be happy at a 6 again.
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Size 8
  • minkusbunny
    Options
    I am currently an 8/10, and I'd like to see myself at a 6/8 or a 4/6. I don't see myself getting thinner than that, and I think it would be a healthy weight for me, as well as still have my curves!!! :)
  • kimkimchi
    kimkimchi Posts: 58
    Options
    Size 4 US size, so I think that fits 34" bust, 27" waist, 36-37" hips?
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 US (4)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I want to be a US size 10-12 (varies by designer and store so I dont want the tag to intimidate me)

But I have hips boobs & butt and I like them :) SO Im not trying to get so thin for my frame that I look bad. And you can be toned and fit at a size 10

Im 5' 6.5" btw
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    At the moment I can fit into SOME UK size 10, but to be honest I think im just kidding myself at the moment.

Last year I was able to fit into size 10's without too much worry. I would still have to try the clothes on in the shop, as some 10's are smaller than others, but the majority of the time they fitted me.

Within the last few months hardly ANY of the size 10's are fitting me, and if they do its with a struggle... I think thats why I havent bought many new clothes recently, because I dont want to admit to myself that I have gone up to a size 12 :(

Last week I bought a pair of size 10 shorts, they just about fit, if I pull them above my hips! I know this isnt how they are supposed to be worn though, so I would feel silly stepping out wearing them like it!

I have decided to keep these shorts, its something that I aim to fit into PROPERLY by the time summer comes around!!!

Going back to the topic in question, my ideal size is a UK size 10, but one where I can walk into a shop and pick a pair of jeans up KNOWING they are going to fit me :)

I would love to be able to fit into size 8 jeans, but Im afraid I will lose all my curves if this happens!

Im currently 152lbs and 5.6"

You are just the same as me 5 months ago. I was wearing a 12, but I feel my base size is a 10, which I am now back to (am now 140lbs). I fitted a few 10s at 152, but mostly with a muffin top.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0" and I think I look best in a US size 4. Of course it depends on the store, when I was a 4, I was wearing a 6 in some stores and a 2 in other stores.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    id like to be in a 34 pant with a Large shirt ..... i dunno im 6'4" and my goal weight is 197 im not sure what that will make me thou
  • amoffatt
    amoffatt Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    The Dr. "charts" tell me for 4'11 medium frame its like 91.5 lbs to 101 lbs and I felt too thin and my hubby said I looked "sick" when I was 98 lbs. (size 0-1 US size). I personally felt better at 110-115 weight (about a size 3 to 5 US size) I had curves, not too much, and felt good about myself. I even had more positive compliments at my 110 weight then the recommended 101.

I believe it is up to what you feel is the "right" size for you.
  • pebbles72
    pebbles72 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and reached my goal weight 3 weeks ago. I now fit into uk size 6/8 and it feels good :happy: