What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• SomeGirlSomewhere
    SomeGirlSomewhere Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    @Somegirlsomewhere - is that two different wines with your dinners each night? If so, good job! Dinners look tasty as well.
    @WestCoastJo82 --The big glass in each of the pictures is actually Diet Pepsi; the glasses with the stems, however, do have wine in them. I really WISH I could drink that much wine each night and still lose weight. I suppose I technically COULD drink that much and still lose, but I would be hungry and probably also VERY drunk if that many of my calories came from alcohol! :D
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »
    Skinless chicken breast (probably about 6-7 ounces) topped with 2 tablespoons ketchup, with one whole package of green giant steamers antioxidant blend vegetables.

One whole box of green giant steamer chopped spinach topped with 1 large boiled egg (small 7.5 inch plate). I also had 1/3 (dry) cup oat bran made with water, with 1 tsp brown sugar and 1 tsp maple syrup, plus my normal coffee in the morning (8 oz, 1 tbls sugar, 1 tbls non-dairy creamer). That is all I have eaten today.

And that is not a proper way to feed yourself. You body need fuel! I browsed your profile when, on your last post in this thread, you said you were accidentally fasting by eating 700 cals in a day, but I thought you may be following the Intermittent Fasting protocol, so I let it go.

Now, I clearly see that you are eating less than a 1000 cals a day, and sometimes less than 700. That is dangerous! You are not eating enough protein to preserve your muscle mass, and you are not eating enough fat to maintain cognitive functions. You don't want and don't need to geopardize your health to lose weight. You have 17 pounds to lose, you can lose half a pound a week and still you will achieve your goal in less than a year. What is the point of eating 850 cals a day?!

You must not have also read on my profile that I have Metabolic Syndrome. The fact that I "don't eat enough" isn't new, I've never eaten much, what has changed is that whereas before I was eating small amounts of high fat junk foods (cheese, butter, sugar, carbs was MOST of my diet up until this month), I am now eating similar amounts of healthy foods (beans, meat, vegetables). I spent a year doing rugged camping, my body learned how to store everything and use any available source for energy. When you've lived in the forest for over a year, packing in and out everything you need on your back 8 miles, drinking creek water, and digging holes to *** in, and you've survived, then come back and judge my LIFE. I had some acute psychiatric issues come up and for over 2 years I spent a lot of time in psych wards and on various medications, several of which are known to cause irreversible weight gain due to metabolic syndrome. So, yes, I'm not eating many calories, however, I'm here because I have chosen to stop eating all BAD calories and replace them with HEALTHY ones. Yesterday WAS a intermittent fasting day, fwiw. But yes, I set my goals lower than standard, and yet, even though I'm now "dieting" I find that when I enter my meals/values at the end of the day, I haven't even eaten enough to sustain basic life for most people. YET I AM OVERWEIGHT. On the other hand, this "dieting" thing isn't proving very difficult for me at all, since I obviously wasn't eating more than 1000 calories a day BEFORE I started tracking it. It's not as if I was eating a 1500 a day diet and then suddenly dropped down to 600-1000 calories a day, I wasn't eating that many to begin with. They were just all BAD calories. Anyway, here's a few links to Metabolic Syndrome, in case you're unaware of what it is. Its actually a *really* hard thing to live with, as you can probably guess, because on the days when I do eat typical amounts of calories (like if we go out to eat and I devour a whole platter of surf&turf) I really put on weight fast, and once it's on, it's very hard to lose with this condition:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20717020
    http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/733704
    http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/psychopharmacology/current-and-future-treatment-options-preventing-metabolic-syndrome-due-atypical-antipsychotics
    I have put protein supplements in my wish list on amazon, and after I pay my bills, if I have enough money, I plan to order them. I wasn't aware, until joining here, that I was SO protein deficient. My doctor said my bloodwork showed everything perfect all that time. I'm 5'2" and 136lbs, which is overweight. If 850 calories a day was going to kill me of malnutrition, I'd already be dead. I've had regular physicals, and bloodwork drawn, and my doctor says that according to my bloodwork, I am in PERFECT health. I'm under the care of a doctor, who said 100% yes to starting to eat better food and exercise, and under the care of a psychiatrist, who also says that eating better and exercising is good. I'm not low on anything (well, I was low on potassium once, but likely because of a hydration issue). I'm not high on anything (my cholesterol and blood pressure are textbook perfect). I don't see how replacing my bowl of mashed potatoes covered with butter, cheese, and salt for a bowl of black beans covered in salsa is making me WORSE OFF. I don't see how replacing my bowl of fruity pebbles for a bowl of oat bran with flax is making me WORSE OFF.

Do you even science? None of the links support that metabolic syndrome magically reduces caloric expenditure to sub 1k cals. And metabolic syndrome is considered in perfect health?

And way to leave out context, there are certainly instances where subbing out mashed potatoes with butter salt and cheese for black beans and salsa would leave you worse off
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

You must not have also read on my profile that I have Metabolic Syndrome. The fact that I "don't eat enough" isn't new, I've never eaten much, what has changed is that whereas before I was eating small amounts of high fat junk foods (cheese, butter, sugar, carbs was MOST of my diet up until this month), I am now eating similar amounts of healthy foods (beans, meat, vegetables). I spent a year doing rugged camping, my body learned how to store everything and use any available source for energy. When you've lived in the forest for over a year, packing in and out everything you need on your back 8 miles, drinking creek water, and digging holes to *** in, and you've survived, then come back and judge my LIFE.

Where did I judge your life? I judged your diet, and I stand my ground, not because I want to bother you but because it is worrying for me to see people eating less nutrients than what they need to be healthy - well, not just to be healthy but to maintain their body functions.

Congrats on eating more nutrient dense food instead of fast food, but still, VLCD are not safe, and they are not appropriate for someone with 17 pounds to lose (they may be appropriate for super obese people that need to lose weight quickly for some health reasons, but in that case, it have to be medically controled). Now, you're claiming that you're overweight, but the truth is that at 136 pounds and 5'2, you're in the higher range of a normal BMI.

You say that you have metabolic syndrome, but you don't qualify for the abdominal obesity/elevated waist circumference criteria of Metabolic syndrome. You may qualify for high cholesterol, high blood pressure and high fasting glucose criterias, but honestly, eating 700 cals a day won't do anything for this. So I'm not judging your life. I'm raising a flag. The fact that you are talking about your low weight in high school, that you want to lose 17 pounds by the month of June even if it's not realistic given the total amount you have to lose, that you say that you're feeling out of control because you've gained weight, and that you restrict your calories a lot... that for me are hints that your real problem is not Metabolic syndrome.

Now, that's my two cents, you do what you want with it.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Zucchini & chickpeas over polenta.
    Me likey this!

And @nylo143 those rice wraps look amazing!
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Panko pork chop over garlic spinach with parmesan potato stackers:

10922437_957521874260452_7343058635712882364_n.jpg?oh=e39821b555efd55dfeade63d646a86a9&oe=5551DD1A&__gda__=1433140268_0658eff541a97bcdf68610c550b4426b
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Braised lamb shoulder, feta, pistachio

20150205_192743.jpg
  • snowy0wl
    snowy0wl Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    prtlb722du6r.jpg

I haven't cooked in a long time, and never under dietary limitations. Here is spinach and rasberry salad with almond shavings, and a 'poached' steel head trout with wilted spinach a 1/4 a tomato and crimini mushrooms. No salt added.

Total calories : 489 as shown.. heck where are your other guys calories! Low in fat and carbs and cholesterol.
  • snowy0wl
    Options
    Picture not that much pretty, but food was awesome! Seared yellowfin tuna with a sesame-soy-pineapple glaze on a green salad with fresh coriander, red onion, avocado and mandarins, everything doused with a tahini-ginger vinaigrette spiced with some Sriracha.

Sooooooooooo good. I will make this again, fore sure.

That looks fantastic. what you mean 'mess' that's real food! lol

• snowy0wl
    edited February 2015
    Options
    *deleted* didn't realize the person I was talking about has a ongoing condition.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Tell me more about parmesan potato stackers please!?
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Hah~ I was also intrigued when I saw that so I googled it and found a recipe. I had Parmesan Potato Stacks with my steak tonight. :P They were AWESOME!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with turkey, pecorino, mushrooms, green onion, asparagus, spinach, red bell pepper, and brocolli; cucumber; and cherry tomatoes.

il4rzsc7n19w.jpg
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    Kruggeri wrote: »

Hah~ I was also intrigued when I saw that so I googled it and found a recipe. I had Parmesan Potato Stacks with my steak tonight. :P They were AWESOME!
    I also googled and going to make them with out filet steaks tonight! <3
  • JoKnowsJo
    JoKnowsJo Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Lunch MG salad so good

I could so eat this... looks really yummy nice :)
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    r46tmwovfdo0.jpg

I haven't been eating like I should (or at all) because I've been ill, so today I treated myself to lunch from the excellent new sandwich place on campus as a reward for dragging my butt to work. This is my first-ever banh mi, an apple, and a double-shot hazelnut latte. I've managed to eat about half and I have my eye on the rest!
  • DaivaSimone
    DaivaSimone Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I love banh mi from the bottom of my heart. Good choice!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Roast turkey sandwich with mixed spouts, mixed greens, onion, tomato, garlic, mushroom, swiss cheese, mayo and mustard; cucumber, red bell pepper, and chili.

1ufh1m5tvha8.jpg
  • jus4kix06
    jus4kix06 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    4y0lfq6209bk.jpg

Grilled chicken and strawberry salad with raspberry vinegarete!
  • MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    umwg5cvtarlp.jpg

Sautéed kale and tomato arugula scramble.