Replies

• hailli_logan
    hailli_logan Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this!
  • hezemakiah
    hezemakiah Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I love my bento boxes! I use them often to transport my salad items to work with me ( lettuce, tomatoes, other veggies in one part, egg, cheese, turkey etc., in the other) As well as other things. They are great!
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Today's bento has the same large tier as Wednesday (steak, quinoa, and veggies) and the same small tier as yesterday (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, and half a somewhat-deformed-heart-shaped boiled egg), which is generally how I pack my bentos each week to keep my lunches interesting: make 2 of the same big tier and 2 of the same small tier, but mix them up so it's never quite the same lunch twice :)
    o33cihh19k30.jpg
    Oh, and this is my other NEW BENTO BOX! ^_^
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I love it when a plan comes together! This turned out to be enough food to fill my little hat/bowl 4 times!

10978639_958028050876501_4733334739872240358_n.jpg?oh=c7e30bb1ff93bd7cadb0085a69096994&oe=559383FE
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I love it when a plan comes together! This turned out to be enough food to fill my little hat/bowl 4 times!

10978639_958028050876501_4733334739872240358_n.jpg?oh=c7e30bb1ff93bd7cadb0085a69096994&oe=559383FE

My god that looks delish. I'm sad now that it's waaaaay too hot for me to have a warm Bento at the moment :(
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    That ramen bowl looks amazing! Perfect for our 7 degree day today :wink:
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    Thanks! I have an electric kettle at work for tea, so it was easy to put the bowls together, and having to use such a small bowl made my dinner take a looooong time, so I was able to savor the flavors and textures. I'm really enjoying eating this way, with a large number of small portions.

I've started cooking full packages of things instead of just one or two servings, like pasta, rice and meat dishes, and then packing small servings in zip-locs and sticking them in the freezer. Now I can mix and match stuff for bentos very easily.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Ugh, that's it. Seeing that picture again makes me want ramen. To be damned with the 30C+ weather. To the kitchen!!!!
  • satansees
    satansees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Ive got the whole weekend to figure out what to do with this thing! My old ones in the front. Such a difference, kind of intimidating. Definitely going to be a tier a meal thing.
    warc4kipmhp9.jpg
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    satansees wrote: »
    Ive got the whole weekend to figure out what to do with this thing! My old ones in the front. Such a difference, kind of intimidating. Definitely going to be a tier a meal thing.

I'm getting so excited to see mine! Stalking the UPS website doesn't make it come any faster, unfortunately. :/
  • satansees
    satansees Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe‌ which colour did you get again? The greens pretty bright, but so soft!
    I started making some gyoza, so that's a start
  • Leanbean65
    Leanbean65 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Can you make my lunches for me????
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I didn't want to spend 30 bucks for one so I made my own. I still have to get silicone cupcake liners to use in it. Found this idea on Pinterest! kk3tf5mmqvg0.jpg
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    So I've had a bento box for the longest time and have never used it, so I decided to see what I could scrounge up without going to the store (for fun). It doesn't have a lot of color (which would be easy to change with bell peppers or whatever!), but that's okay. Here's my cute little box that I'm convinced I got at a Daiso store that closed after I had only been ONCE.

ird2hrvfkeac.jpg

I have a serving of leftover hot sausage with chopped up onions, 1/4 of a whole wheat bagel, a wedge of laughing cow cheese, and celery with 16g peanut butter. I'm thinking when I'm ready to eat it, I'll whip up some egg beaters and make a sausage/egg scramble. What's pictured currently comes in roughly around 393 calories so I have some wiggle room. I'll probably have coffee with this, as it's a bit more of a breakfast box.

cxf49mamlg4m.jpg

I also totally impulse bought one of those Monbento boxes. >< I could afford to get into more meal planning anyway! I'm always such a slacker when I have to do lunches for myself and usually reach for more convenient things, so this should be a neat learning experience for me.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    satansees wrote: »
    @CupcakeCrusoe‌ which colour did you get again? The greens pretty bright, but so soft!
    I started making some gyoza, so that's a start

The Brasil box. I'm excited, love the bright yellow.

I often make steamed dumplings too!- in bulk and freeze them, I'm thinking that's going to happen more and more often.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    Options
    @Aross83 I have those same little oval containers. I bought them originally for sauces and dips, but they're really big enough for a small side, and since they have lids, I think I like them better than the cupcake cups for a lot of things.
  • trina1049
    trina1049 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Uh, oh -- I just spent $60.00 on sale bento items. I'm in trouble!
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    trina1049 wrote: »
    Uh, oh -- I just spent $60.00 on sale bento items. I'm in trouble!

Never fear! We're here for you :blush:

• kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    m3g8wj1m071l.jpg
    Went to two Korean markets not too far from our house and found these (amongst other goodies!). Can't wait to use them. Saw a ginormous bento box that I want to get for my husband once he starts working after he takes the NCLEX.