How do you deal with being called too skinny?

Options
13»

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Poor you.
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    If I ever stand up for myself, I get told I'm lying, and I need to stop having an "attitude," but It's perfectly fine for them to say whatever to me, however hurtful.

Just tell them "I love you for who you are, not what you weigh and walk away." Do what makes you feel happy and stay healthy, they were groomed at a time when the bigger you were the richer and happy you would be. They don't understand and may never understand the lifestyles that our generation has adapted, btw, windex doesn't heal cuts.
  • WeaTheRgrlx0x
    WeaTheRgrlx0x Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I'll try that! Thanks for the advice. And I've never tried windex for cuts, haha, I love that movie:)
  • MadisynRain
    MadisynRain Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I was naturally thin until I started my ED. So it makes me feel bad when I get called too skinny because I'm trying to put weight back on
  • deviboy1592
    deviboy1592 Posts: 989 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was naturally thin until I started my ED. So it makes me feel bad when I get called too skinny because I'm trying to put weight back on

Piece of advice, get the Fitbit, for the longest time I couldn't figure out why I was so skinny, I lifted, ate everything I could see. Always weighed at 172. Got fibit, damn thing told me I was burnin between 3000 - 4000 calories a day. What?!? So I upped my intake and now I'm eating about 4500 cal a day and now I'm up to 185 and counting. But if your not having that problem, forget my message and have a nice day.
  • miriams76
    miriams76 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Tell them your weight. Show them on a BMI calculator that's it's a healthy weight for your height. Show them that your bodyfat % is within the recommended range. Then (loudly if they've tried to shame you), ask them to share their weight so they can see if it's in a healthy range or not. They won't bother you again.
  • WeaTheRgrlx0x
    WeaTheRgrlx0x Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I should try that devil boy, It might surprise me. And thanks Miriam:)