How much weight have you lost?

Options

Replies

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    AZTallguy wrote: »
    Lost 30lbs so far since Aug. 2014 with 80 to go. Cut out all sugar, went low salt and low carbs. Also walking 2.5 miles 3-5 times a week with 15 minutes of Shaun T's Rockin' Body workout.

Same! Down 30 since Aug 2014. Probably stalled the scale when I started lifting a lot, but it will all work out just as I planned! Looking forward to the 1 year mark to see what has transpired.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    264 pounds lost since June 2013
  • eatsyork
    eatsyork Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm down 51 using MFP and 61 total since September 2014. I eat at a deficit, restrict carbs, and go to the gym a couple times a week.
  • MindySaysWhaaat
    MindySaysWhaaat Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I've been using mfp since January 2nd 2015 and I've lost 11 pounds since then :smile:
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Since August 2014

71124836.png
  • CaoimheMariexo
    CaoimheMariexo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    MFP is so great for weight loss.
  • KathleenCora
    KathleenCora Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I've lost 43lbs. Since September 2014 and I have roughly 30 to go. I started a C25K in September, loved it, and now I'm training for a 10K. I run 3x a week, strength train 2x a week and cross train 2x a week. I count calories and try to not eat processed foods...I still eat some just not nearly as much as before.

Started at 213lbs and the after I was 183lbs.
    g1e1hjk903nt.jpg

I'm now at 170lbs
    3t44ef85to8x.jpg

• lbaileyjohannsen
    lbaileyjohannsen Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I lost 95 lbs from May 2012 to June 2013, but then got pregnant and had a baby last February. Now that's she's a year and not relying on my breastmilk supply, I'm back on the wagon! I gained a lot of weight while pregnant and have about 18 lbs left to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. So far I've lost eight lbs in the two and a half weeks I've been logging.
  • nora_charles
    nora_charles Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    These stories are so inspiring!!
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    85ish pounds. Not sure since when. Lost 60 since May of last year and lost another 25 within the previous year or two. From 220 to 135ish.
  • happygalah
    happygalah Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    7.25 kg since December
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    High five to everyone in this thread! You've all done amazing.

Personally, I've lost 92lbs since beginning March 1st of 2014. I've adopted a low-sodium diet and really upped my fruits and vegetables. My exercise consists mainly of jogging and hiking. I do snowshoeing in the winter as well...but this winter hasn't been a good one for snow around here (I'll take it, though!).

My ultimate goal weight keeps moving down. I started out at 280lbs and want to go comfortably below 180lbs. I do weigh and measure most of the food I eat but I was never fanatical about logging everything(mostly stuff like the piece of candy I have now and then at work or a half dozen pistachio nuts I'll eat once or twice a night...little things). Now that I'm getting so much closer to my goal weight, though, weighing and logging everything is becoming much more important and I'm beginning to log it all.

Overall, I feel better, look better and my health is way better. I still struggle with cravings and sometimes give in but I know this is a lifetime journey and one day or one meal isn't going to undo all I've accomplished. I just stumble, pick myself up and move on. It's been great!
  • ambermarie143
    ambermarie143 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Around 15 months to lose 243lbs.
    That is amazing! Good job
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Started in April 2013 stuck with it for a few months and than my weight loss came to a halt, so I quit. At my highest I was 230 and lost 10 pounds before my sister recommend MFP. After I quit I stay between 190-220 and in July of 2014 I got serious, rejoined MFP, revamped my diet and started exercising and now I am 85lbs down from my highest weight.
  • acquilla30
    acquilla30 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    [
  • Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    yfguesip8i8y.jpg

45 pounds!
  • zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I am always amazed at how this simple little app has helped so many people get healthy and fit. Amazing work everyone!

I finally got fed up in August of 2013 when I could not climb a mountain I had climbed since I was a child. I was facing going back to work as a college professor and having my knees, back and feet start aching again. :noway: That was it for me and I found MFP because calorie counting (with paper and pecil :laugh: ) had always worked great in the 70s when I had my perpetual 10 vanity pounds to lose. Since then, I have lost 101 pounds, eating at the calorie goal MFP has set. Jeans went from US size 22 to US size 4, tops from 2X to M/S depending on cut. Because heart disease runs in my husband's family, we have always watched sodium, sat fats and simple carbs so for me, it was a matter of eating ... you guessed it .. LESS! No special words of wisdom here-sorry.

Since I will never set foot in anything called a "gym" (bad high school memories :laugh:), I started with Leslie Sansone walking videos on YouTube and now own a whole collection of walking, weight training and flexibility videos. I turned 62 in December, so fitness has become more important to me than weight loss. I either walk-run outside or with Leslie almost every day. In the summer, we hike mountains and wallk the hills almost every day. I do have a secret here though. Since most people seem to say the hardest part is "exercising," find something you like and DO IT! People on these boards make fun of indoor walking all the time (I choose to assume they live in the south because walking outside in Michigan and upstate NY in winter is just not safe), but I've lost over 100 pounds doing it-so ignore others and do what you love. After all it is your health not theirs! :+1:

27715887.png
  • THenry8
    THenry8 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I was at my highest at 430 pounds, now I weigh 235 pounds! I almost lost 200 pounds since 2012. I also had the Gastric Sleeve in 2013 and that was part of my weight loss as well!

This was me at 430 pounds:
    fz2uffuosb4o.jpg

This is me now at 230 pounds:
    ouukrf8i5h59.jpg

• epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Since Halloween 2013

52347977.png

And, here is my story so far: 15 months and 85 pounds
  • CaoimheMariexo
    CaoimheMariexo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Wow amazing job people! Hope you keep it up and reach your goals!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!