What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?

Options

Replies

• The_Fitness_Foodie
    The_Fitness_Foodie Posts: 95 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    People stopping me in the supermarket or on the street and saying (very loudly).... "Wow how much weight have you lost now?"

I find it so infuriating, because then total strangers think it's their right to join in the conversation and ask me how I've done it and how long it's taken me.... Then when I reply by saying eating less and doing more, they say they've tried that and it doesn't work....Um yes it does - I'm living, breathing, walking proof that it works....!!

I share my story with people when I'm good and ready - not when somebody wants to shout it from the roof tops on my behalf....!!

Oh and idiots that can't park in a parking bay properly....

xXx
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I have an exhaustive list of things that make me irrationally angry. This is a recent one:

People who put on body or deodorant spray/ perfume in the cardio area, next to the treadmills, after they finish their run. I find myself quite unable to breath and my throat burns. This past week I have been keeping an eye out for the person(s) responsible; however, I hope I never see anyone as I am afraid I will fly off of the treadmill and pummel them to death. So incredibly inconsiderate.
  • NicoleisQuantized
    NicoleisQuantized Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    hollyk57 wrote: »
    a lot of things irritate me and I don't find any of them irrational.

stupid people. fake people. people who drive like morons. people who go to restaurants as a couple and then sit there staring at their phones the whole time. anyone who utters the acronyms OMG, WTF, YOLO or 'hashtag (insert something stupid here)' in a conversation...#hashtagprovesyou'reamoron. the bacon craze. vanity license plates - because everyone really needs to know you're 2HOT2HNDL or just essentially narcissistic, self-absorbed and oh so clever. close talkers. quiet talkers. loud, obnoxious people... especially women who've had too much to drink. rap music. the fact that 98% of recent hip-hop songs have some guys rhythmically yelling 'hey.. hey' over and over in the background. the fact that Disney stopped being original 15 years ago and that Frozen is one of the worst movies they've ever made and people eat it for breakfast... 'let it go' people, you're being led by the media. the word selfie. having to break apart my ice cubes to get them into my water bottle. phone trees. the IRS. people who stare. people who think you want their unsolicited advice at the gym. people who use the circuit training room to sit on the machines and text. people who tell me, you have such a pretty face... if you'd just lose that weight. stick figure families on the back of cars. religious bumper stickers. religious people who tell me I'm a blasphemer and need to find god (yes, this has actually happened). people who mistreat animals. sometimes people in general. useless meetings. women who bash all men because they had one bad experience. commercials that make men look stupid (which is the bulk of them...especially on women's channels). Broncos fans. bad graphic design work. black friday. media-driven holidays. people who never take initiative. complainers. drama queens. bullying. and pretty much anyone who can't mind their own business. :)

We should become friends.
  • nancyvdb74
    nancyvdb74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    People who don't wash their hands after using the washroom
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    When my dad tells stories at the dinner table, he gets right to the pivotal part and shovels food into his mouth... So we have to wait until he swallows to hear the rest. RAWR. I get so mad when anyone does this.

My dad has quirky habits similar to this one. For example, every time we watch a movie he will wait until the most intense, dramatic moment of the show and then *pause* "Hey time for a snack, who's hungry? This movie sucks, lets go do a workout! Hey who wants to play a game of cards?" and he will just wander off with the remote and raid the kitchen, or randomly start going through his mail - drives everyone crazy.

Oh my gosh. I hate watching TV or movies with my dad because he'll pause or mute at important parts to 1) complain about historical accuracy, bad physics, bad firearm form, so on... 2) tell me facts about the historical context, the actors, you get the point. Stooooooop.

Or if he is watching something like American Idol, he'll make mean comments about contestants appearances. I've freaked out on him because I don't want my son to carry the same issues I have.

I love my dad, but he drives me nuts :)
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    These are great! This is by far my favorite thread ever! Thanks for the Friday pick-me-up!
  • phreespirit
    phreespirit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Mazda miatas
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Slow walkers.
  • strozman
    strozman Posts: 2,623 Member
    Options
    People that drive slower than the speed limit! Pull over and let others pass!
    Berna wrote: »
    people who come to a complete stop in the merge lane! GET THE F#### off the road....ah that feels better.
    >Adult women who speak like 12-year-olds. I personally don't find it cute.
    >Vegans that apparently think you don't know that meat comes from animals.
    >People who chew with their mouth open
    >People who slurp loudly (more so when they're eating something like..you know..a bowl of cereal)
    >tumblr

Read my mind
  • goodlookin229
    goodlookin229 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    repetitive sounds, and not putting shopping cart in corral.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    the weird sound my new fridge makes, it's new!
  • redhead_che
    redhead_che Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    People using and then stealing my pens. I'm territorial and I know it, but god damn, if you use my pen you best put it right back on my desk.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I have more than I can count.. but the ones coming to mind..

People who bring all their 20 kids with them to the grocery store, and then they run all over the place tripping people. Especially if there's one kid among them old enough to be watching all the rest.

People who walk all over the store for an hour then won't walk the extra 15 feet to put the cart away, instead leaving it in the middle of a parking spot.

someone else mentioned people who stand in lines behind you and invade your personal space.

When you make room on the highway for someone to merge in, and instead they slowly follow the access ramp all the way to the end. Or people who merge in without looking in any way whatsoever. And people who merge in and go 20 miles an hour slower than everyone else on the road.

Talking to people you don't know or have just met, and they load you up with TMI details about themselves. I had lunch with a new employee one day at work and within 5 minutes she'd told me about all her rapes, drug use and abortions. (GTF away from me, kthxbye)

English speaking people who look blankly at you like you're speaking a foreign language when you speak to them.

Lazy people.

I could probably go on forever. lol

• cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Slow walkers.

AMEN!! I am naturally a fast walker even when I'm not on a "workout walk" so I am forever getting PO'd at people in the store or on the sidewalk that are in mosey mode. Drives my BF crazy since he is a mosey-er. :|
  • jorodri7
    jorodri7 Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    People who judge other people and do so behind their computer or phone. I know judging will occur because we live in a fallen world but if you want to judge me at least have the balls to tell me to my face or let's talk about it like adults. I am sorry it's a Monday just angers me especially when you get onto an app like this to talk to friendly people and seek encouragement because you struggle with self image.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I have another one - static cling. My shirt is sticking to me right now & it's making me crazy!
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Smoking in a park while your trying to get exercise.
  • Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    The person who just walked out of the bathroom without washing their hands. Ewww...
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    hmvanwink wrote: »
    SNOW!!!

What???? Please send some to PA please! Thank you!