What irrational thing pisses you off instantly?

Options

Replies

• jaggerjia
    Options
    All those people on MFP trying to loose weight....

This!!!! Completely!

Also,
    -"I could care less"
    -And, subject-verb agreement (or well, lack thereof)
    "If you know someone selling a couch, tell them to call me"
    ("someone" is singular, "them" is plural)
    the word "irregardless" - thats the worst!

I understand many people are speaking/typing English as a second language and they do not understand all of the rules of the language; I have no issue with those situations. I am immediately pissed when i hear/read it from an educated person/reputable source.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    JM1481 wrote: »
    bw_conway wrote: »
    mzootie wrote: »
    People who don't understand the left lane is for passing concept. Left lane is the fast lane, understand?

Not that it really makes me "angry" but to add to yours, it's also quite annoying how many people don't understand the concept of zipper merging.

Ok not sure of that concept lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB2wcndXzUU

The zipper merge is a great theory, but never really works in practice - every morning on my commute, I go through a section of highway where 2 lanes merge into 1 as you approach downtown Cleveland. Notice is provided by signs about 5 miles out. What happens is: the decent human beings start merging when they can safely do so, the scumbags rush to the very front of the open lane and put on their blinkers and squeeze in at the last minute, because you know, their time is so much more valuable than everyone else's and they just can't be bothered to wait like the rest of us...

And therein lies the problem. "The decent people merge when they can and the and the scumbags rush to the front"

Those "scumbags" are actually doing it properly. It's become such an issue here that there have been commercials and radio spots put out telling people to stop getting over early and merge at the merge point in turns. If everyone were to follow the rule, traffic would move a lot smoother.

If the city wants to implement a zipper merge, then they need to set up signs and instruct drivers appropriately. Otherwise, the merge point is just a clusterf*ck of angry people, with no one understanding what they are supposed to do. Absent instructions, people need to merge when the sign tells them to merge, not race to the front of the line and pull a stunt that slows things down even more.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    People who don't understand the left lane is for passing concept. Left lane is the fast lane, understand?

Not that it really makes me "angry" but to add to yours, it's also quite annoying how many people don't understand the concept of zipper merging.

The zipper merge is a great theory, but never really works in practice - every morning on my commute, I go through a section of highway where 2 lanes merge into 1 as you approach downtown Cleveland. Notice is provided by signs about 5 miles out. What happens is: the decent human beings start merging when they can safely do so, the scumbags rush to the very front of the open lane and put on their blinkers and squeeze in at the last minute, because you know, their time is so much more valuable than everyone else's and they just can't be bothered to wait like the rest of us...

And therein lies the problem. "The decent people merge when they can and the and the scumbags rush to the front"

Those "scumbags" are actually doing it properly. It's become such an issue here that there have been commercials and radio spots put out telling people to stop getting over early and merge at the merge point in turns. If everyone were to follow the rule, traffic would move a lot smoother.

If the city wants to implement a zipper merge, then they need to set up signs and instruct drivers appropriately. Otherwise, the merge point is just a clusterf*ck of angry people, with no one understanding what they are supposed to do. Absent instructions, people need to merge when the sign tells them to merge, not race to the front of the line and pull a stunt that slows things down even more.

Isn't it just a general rule already though? I didn't think it changed from city to city. Our state is indeed enforcing it. The signs that warn you are doing just that "merge ahead" not "merge now." The warning signs are to make you aware that people will be soon merging into your lane and you should let them. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    toxic chemicals
    scientists are biased by corporate big interests
    natural is good
    all conspiracy theories/ists; double if they call me delusional
    anecdotal evidence
    biblically-based diets
    sculpted penguins; double-hate if the sculpture includes a puppy, kitten, or wolf
    tall whites and greys
    cold-call salespeople
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

Isn't it just a general rule already though? I didn't think it changed from city to city. Our state is indeed enforcing it. The signs that warn you are doing just that "merge ahead" not "merge now." The warning signs are to make you aware that people will be soon merging into your lane and you should let them. :)

I'll be honest, I never heard the term "zipper merge" until this thread, nor have I seen a sign that reads "merge HERE" vs "merge AHEAD". It makes sense, if everyone was on board with it.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I'll be honest, I never heard the term "zipper merge" until this thread, nor have I seen a sign that reads "merge HERE" vs "merge AHEAD". It makes sense, if everyone was on board with it.

Yeah, I guess if people aren't aware it's really no ones fault. Folks think they are being polite or "doing the right thing" by getting over early and then they get upset and wont let others in because they believe those people are being jerks.

Honestly, it would probably do us all some good to take some refresher courses in our adulthood. Especially regarding rush hour issues. Things like the zipper merge and always keeping a few car lengths between you and the car in front of you (even when it's bumper to bumper) to allow people to get over when needed (instead of tailgating) would really help the flow of traffic in majorly congested areas.

• shadowloss
    shadowloss Posts: 293 Member
    Options

AMEN!
  • kristynamanda31
    kristynamanda31 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Kabijots wrote: »
    People who sneeze really loudly.
    my brother does this and it makes my blood boil lol.

• So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    This one lady in my office says hi, how are you? every time she passes by my desk. Whether I'm mid-sentence, on the phone, sorting papers, opening mail, filing invoices, building a fort out of boxes, or emailing someone.

At this point I say, just fine, same as the last three hundred times you asked....

OMG, I work with one of these, 'cept he's a guy. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. he passes someone he has to say hi in some fashion. It drives me batty.
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Oooo and people who try to finish your sentence and they mumble and ramble just to finish the last word with you

omg this! I have a co-worker who does this - as you're talking she'll nod and randomly repeat words that you just said back to you, I think as a way to show that she's following along or knows what you're saying(?)... only thing is she is not the brightest crayon in the box and it just makes me want to scream "Stop repeating random words, I know you have no idea what the heck I'm even talking about!!!"
  • SubZeroDude
    SubZeroDude Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Chinese stinky fruit

as soon as I smell it, I go ballistic. Tastes bad, too.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    kaotik26 wrote: »
    People who refuse to vaccinate their kids just drives me insane.

Oh, irrational, well I really don't like people that much at all....

This pisses me off too! Also idiots who refuse to spay and/or neuter their animals. Husband's best friend refused to neuter his idiot dog who was always running off and getting their neighbor's dog pregnant. Then HE blamed the neighbor for HIS dog getting inside their fence! Also, his unneutered cat ran away and got hit by a car. He didn't even care and says "oh well..animals can be replaced but testicles can't." I HATE HIM!

• tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Monsanto
  • lexlowe
    lexlowe Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The skeptics that think humans didn't walk on the moon.
  • davemacdonald1
    davemacdonald1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    People who call me buddy, sport, chief, boss. I just wanna snap and lose it on them.
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options
    People who call me buddy, sport, chief, boss. I just wanna snap and lose it on them.

Settle down, there, hoss.
  • maeld51
    maeld51 Posts: 3,415 Member
    Options
    When a bit*h puts her hands on my man!
  • nylo143
    nylo143 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Humble brags- It infuriates me
    people that respond to a post and do exactly what is said not to (ex: please no negative comments, <posts negative comment> )
    When someone Stares at you when you are taking a selfie
    People that are disrespectful to servers, janitors, cleaning ladies etc
    Txting back to back after I don't respond- I'm obviously unable to respond so stop
    Not holding the door for the person directly behind you
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Some one who leaves the bread bag open-every damn time.
  • stapesgirl
    Options
    sound of people chewing. Sets me off!! Any eating sounds at all irritate the S$%@ out of me!!!

Meeeeeeeeee too! Particularly any smacking sounds while eating. When someone does that, I have an instant -and completely irrational- rage attack! I will get up and leave the room. I simply cannot take it.