Isagenix- YAY or NAY?

Options
Please don't answer this if you are selling the stuff. I am looking for unbiased answers.
I've been using the shakes for about a month, and seeing decent but not great results. I'm thinking of doing the cleanse. BUT the only info I can find out there in the WWW is so biased. I've also read that they (isagenix) finds and deletes any negative comments they can. So there isn't a lot of info out there. The only people I know who use it, also sell it, so of course they seem to me to have "canned" answers for everything. I want real answers. What's the deal with this stuff? Is it safe? Will you gain back as soon as you start eating again? The reason I like it, is because right now, it's a no brainer for me. I don't have to think about any meals except a snack and dinner. But it's a pricey no brainer.

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    NAY. These things are a ripoff. Multilevel marketing products exist only to take your money. It doesn't work for anyone. There are people on here who can explain to you how to make smoothies with protein powder and such at home. Cleanses are also a ripoff. You lose water weight which comes back immediately afterwards. Anything that is not a sustainable way to eat/live day to day will not give you lasting results, and Isagenix definitely falls into that category.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    NAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Nay, I tried it and gained back all the weight and then some.

I've had better results with MFP, my daily calorie allowance is 1280. My 'golden' daily diet is eggs + greens + tea for breakfast, a green smoothie for lunch, and protein + veg + small serving of potato or rice for dinner. And not eating back my exercise calories. Obviously real life throws in diet variations, but that's the basic outline of what is working for me.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Nay

Real food - Yay

This. Set a reasonable goal in MFP, aim to hit your goal, and eat foods that allow you to hit that goal, feel full, and give you enough energy. And have patience (probably the hardest part about losing weight).
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    NAY. These things are a ripoff. Multilevel marketing products exist only to take your money. It doesn't work for anyone. There are people on here who can explain to you how to make smoothies with protein powder and such at home. Cleanses are also a ripoff. You lose water weight which comes back immediately afterwards. Anything that is not a sustainable way to eat/live day to day will not give you lasting results, and Isagenix definitely falls into that category.

Agreed!

And a NAY from me

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif

They are a pyramid market scheme. Save your money and eat real food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    There so many companies out there that sell crap that doesn't apply to actual science, physiology or even how weight loss is actually attained.
    There is NO PROGRAM that will state that it works WITHOUT adherence to a good diet and exercise plan. And really it's the diet and exercise plan that's the actual cause of the weight loss. So the question should be: then why in the heck am I paying for this extra stuff?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nicole_c_yuen
    Options
    I've done the Isagenix cleanse, and while I did lose weight, some of the pounds came back when I started eating real food again. The results don't stay.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    NAY. They taste disgusting and are an MLM scam. The way they work for weight loss is that they are an extremely low calorie diet. The weight almost always comes back, and quickly.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Lot of negative info via the web...google 'isagenix scam', a few of the first links are isagenix pages refuting the scam tag, but dig through the returned searches you will find plenty of negative reviews.

I have a friend who uses isagenix, thankfully she hasn't attempted to flog it off to her friends and family. She has had good results, and while she had lost weight, that is not the reason she commenced using it.

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Nay - what will they teach you about how to maintain your weight when/if you get to goal?
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    don;t know what it is but NAY
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    don;t know what it is but NAY

Lol :smiley:
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Nay for me
  • shemama1
    shemama1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...my niece sells it, and has my whole family on it. I feel like every question I ask her has a "canned" response. They are all on board and trying to sell now too. The group that she is in, has a fb page, but when you ask questions that aren't necessarily positive or they can't spin it that way, they delete it. I will try to look up isagenix scam.
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    shemama1 wrote: »
    thanks everyone...my niece sells it, and has my whole family on it. I feel like every question I ask her has a "canned" response. They are all on board and trying to sell now too. The group that she is in, has a fb page, but when you ask questions that aren't necessarily positive or they can't spin it that way, they delete it. I will try to look up isagenix scam.

Oh man:( I've had similar issues with family members and isagenix. What I found in the end was just to completely steer away from it in conversation and not engage. Do what you need to do to meet your goals and you'll see in the end who has a smaller waistline and bigger bank account. It's sad, really.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Typical MLM scam. These companies don't give a rats behind about their consumers. They don't care whether a person experiences poor side effects from the products. All they care about is $$$.

Save your money and buy real food.
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I like food too much to just have shakes. :-)
  • shemama1
    shemama1 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    SandyBVTN wrote: »
    shemama1 wrote: »

Oh man:( I've had similar issues with family members and isagenix. What I found in the end was just to completely steer away from it in conversation and not engage. Do what you need to do to meet your goals and you'll see in the end who has a smaller waistline and bigger bank account. It's sad, really.

I know you are right! I just feel really sad that my own niece is giving me a sales pitch. I know she truly believes in what she is selling, but I feel bad that she wasn't honest with me up front. When I told her I wanted to try the shakes, she set me up as one of her "associates", which until it was said and done, I didn't even realize she had me as a person trying to sell it. I have so much weight to lose, and thought she was really interested in helping me. :'(