Calories Post-dog

Options

Replies

• atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It really doesn't matter either way. A loose dog caused your accident. And even though you are hurting, who knows what that accident might have prevented? Perhaps if the dog hadn't stopped you, an 18-wheeler a quarter mile further down the road might have with worse results.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It really doesn't matter either way. A loose dog caused your accident. And even though you are hurting, who knows what that accident might have prevented? Perhaps if the dog hadn't stopped you, an 18-wheeler a quarter mile further down the road might have with worse results.

Hows that blood pressure?
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    This topic got way off base about the dog. The man just wants to know what he should eat - I'm sure he wouldn't be happy to know the dog was injured, but really, it's not even the point. Stray, not stray, injured not injured - he's injured and wants to know what to eat. Reel it in, peeps.
    -
    I say eat maintenance to heal and not gain weight. If you have doubts, check with your doctor (or maybe he could recommend a nutritionist to speak with on the topic). I hope you heal quickly!
  • Silverdracos
    Silverdracos Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hitting a dog on your bike isn't a joke. My Dad shattered a helmet and multiple bones after a similar collision. Even a small animal can cause a crash, so you should absolutely try to avoid it and not just "ride through"
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I would up it to maintenance level, what ever the outcome is of losing or gaining. A few broken ribs and bruises are no joke and your body needs to heal the first time.

you are not waiting to get an inflammation or other unwanted issues. Let your body heal for some time.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Was the dog a pit bull? Because my answer may change if it was.
    (just kidding, I love to stir the pot sometimes)
    I echo the other comments that staying at maintenance calories is probably the best bet.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Serious discussions like this one call for serious answers.

WeinerDog.jpg
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    No one knows where the poor dog is?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

I'm super sad about the dog. I mean, glad OP is okay and all....
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    parkscs wrote: »

WeinerDog.jpg

Too cute! Hope this cheers up Timothy!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »

If anyone knew about the dog who caused this, the owner(s) could successfully be sued for letting the dog run loose.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ugh I'm sorry (for you and the dog). I'd eat at maintenance for sedentary :(
  • stephanieluvspb
    stephanieluvspb Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Yet another reason to not like dogs for me!

because they have accidents sometimes? so do humans.

The dog didn't have an accident; its owner did for letting it run free in the road. The owner of the dog should have been sued for this, but of course, there's no way of knowing who the negligent owner is. My father, when he taught me to drive, emphasized that NO ANIMAL is worth more than MY LIFE. If an animal is in the road, whether tamed or wild, do not swerve, do not slam on your brakes, and if you hit it, oh, well. Just last year three teenagers died from swerving to avoid a freaking raccoon on the road.

Timothy's accident was completely avoidable had the dog's owner been responsible enough to contain the dog in a fenced back yard or in the house.
    So did the parents find the racccoon's owner and sue them? Or did the raccoon have a collar on?
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options

WeinerDog.jpg

Oh sh1t!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options

The dog didn't have an accident; its owner did for letting it run free in the road. The owner of the dog should have been sued for this, but of course, there's no way of knowing who the negligent owner is. My father, when he taught me to drive, emphasized that NO ANIMAL is worth more than MY LIFE. If an animal is in the road, whether tamed or wild, do not swerve, do not slam on your brakes, and if you hit it, oh, well. Just last year three teenagers died from swerving to avoid a freaking raccoon on the road.

Timothy's accident was completely avoidable had the dog's owner been responsible enough to contain the dog in a fenced back yard or in the house.
    So did the parents find the racccoon's owner and sue them? Or did the raccoon have a collar on?

Unfortunately, the raccoon escaped unharmed so there was no way of telling.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

WeinerDog.jpg

How many calories is that?

• atypicalsmith
    Options

Unfortunately, the raccoon escaped unharmed so there was no way of telling.

Of course, the victims lost lots of calories as they died.
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Seems we have a culprit V This makes more sense

3659150.jpg?size=640x420

• atypicalsmith
    Options
    BramageOMG wrote: »
    Seems we have a culprit V This makes more sense

3659150.jpg?size=640x420

He looks like he doesn't need to lose weight to me.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options

Sued? Really?!? Wow people will sue over anything these days. Also- how do you know the dog was owned? He could have been a stray.

Completely avoidable? Really? Again, it could have been a stray. Glad you have psychic powers to know if was completely avoidable. Along the line of this argument, one could say he was at fault as well. He could have been paying attention better and seen the dog (not saying you actually did anything wron OP, just pointing out the absurdity of this post).