WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2105

Options

Replies

• cutec527
    cutec527 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello all you very motivating people B) Am in the second week now of my re-dedication to get the rest of my weight off and feeling so much better. Still not eating up to my goal guess I'm still leery of the calorie counts. But not feeling weak at all which is good.
    Came home tonight ready to eat dinner and found my husband had burned it lol Talk about scrambling to look for a healthy meal. Ended up with a BIG salad and half a burnt cheddar dog. I really need to think of freezing some quick and much better for me items . At least the muscle toning exercises are getting easier. Husband saw me doing my push-ups and said "Look at her training to be an Army Seal" I'm lucky if I can do the 10 reps all in one set. BUT it's still better than sitting on my butt telling myself Why bother :D Today is a good day. And I have made some friends who know exactly what it's like on here .
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,626 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.11min 14.5amph 3mi = 98cal

run- 9.09min, 9.09average pace, treadmill 6.5speed to 7.0speed, to 7.5speed, 1mile = 114cal

Jacobs ladder- 10min. = 107cal

rope pull- 10min, 107feet per minute, level 7, mid-setting 962feet = 90cal

bike ride gym 2 train station- 7.11min 11.9amph 1.4mi = 92cal

bike ride train station 2 hm- 16.49min, 9.4 average miles per hr, 2.6mi = 168cal
    total cal = 669

back to normal.. yeayyyyyy. thanks for all the well wishes, when i was feeling like poop or as i would say sh*&t :0)
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Well we had an unexpected road trip this weekend. Saw a lot of DGD's soccer games. When I checked my bookmark it said 223 new messages. Can't read them all tonight. Had a procedure on my eyelid yesterday and it is all swollen so hard to see. Maybe tomorrow will be better.
    SuebDew -TX
  • cindy_ansley
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new here. Got a Fitbit for xmas and I'm finally getting serious about losing weight. Being held accountable is what works for me. That's why I love this site!

Cindy - Springfield, LA
  • tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    All caught up!
    New ladies - this is THE place for you to be to get encouragement and meet interesting, caring, women.
    DeeDee - loved the sunrise picture
    Beth - so sorry DS has another migraine. My acupuncturist says that this is one condition that is very treatable with acupuncture. Have you ever tried that? I don't think I could have worked the last 5 years without my acupuncture treatments.
    Sylvia - you must be recovering nicely is you are back to posting jokes. Ha, Ha - a good one!
    Tina - hope you and your hubby have fun celebrating his birthday. I had to smile when you mentioned the brussel sprouts as a favorite treat for him. Much healthier than craving cheese cake.....
    Barb - happy anniversary and congratulations on 10,000 steps!

Night all
    Toni in Tennessee where the arctic air is expected to arrive Thursday
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Well Toni in Tennessee - the Artic air is passing through here tonight -33 Celcius tonight and get this -2 C on Friday or Saturday.... funny!!

Sylvia - take your time - if rush your will not heal well!!

Barb - Happy anniversary!!

We live in the country so that is why we see a lot of moose, deer and what ever wishes to pass through the yard...

Everyone else - take care, one day at a time.

Lillian in chilly West Central Saskatchewan
  • hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Welcome to all those who are new. Congratulations to all who are staying true to their diets and exercises. I usually try to respond to as many of you individually as I can, but I hope you will understand that I'm just not feeling it tonight.

Thanks to everyone for the Happy Anniversary wishes. DH and I went out to lunch with DD#2, DD#3 & DSIL today. DD#3/DSIL paid for all our meals. It was really sweet of them, but it always concerns me because I know they can't afford it. We went to a Sushi bar and I really had a rough time...I guess a mini-melt down. I was so concerned with making sure that I stayed within my calories that I think I was just overly stressed. I ended up going to the ladies' room and having a good cry. I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself that my face looks smaller and that I have been doing well on my diet. I thought about the menu and reminded myself that it was ok to ask for substitutions or sauce on the side if that what I wanted to do. I felt like a total idiot. I don't want to be someone who cannot go out to a restaurant if the situation presents itself. I want to be someone who can control myself and make good choices. Ugh! I ended up ordering the grilled sea bass with veggies. Told the waitress to put the sauce on the side and that I'd like a small house salad instead of the rice. I asked for no dressing on the salad and no croutons. She brought me a salad that was soaked with dressing. I politely sent it back. Fortunately, my family was ok with my weirdness and was very supportive of me wanting to stay on track.

Then we came home. We passed in front of my neighbor's house...the one who has lung cancer with mets to the brain. There were a couple of men in a van who were very dressed up. I said, "That doesn't look good." DD#2 read a post by her daughter that she had just passed away. That really has put a damper on the rest of our day. It's just so sad. DH and I were going to go out for a date, but neither of us felt like it anymore. My friend had started a forum on facebook where she wrote about her life and talked about her cancer. All I did all afternoon was read what she had written. She told me when she first was diagnosed last summer that she didn't want to die, but if God was ready for her, then it was ok. She hoped that she wouldn't linger like another neighbor had. She said, "I did this to myself by smoking. The ones I feel sorry for are those little children who haven't done anything and are suffering and dying of cancer." She made "No More Chemo Cakes" for the children who had finished their chemo treatments at a hospital near our home. She was such a wonderful, positive woman with a smile that was contagious. I have no doubt that she is with the Lord. She made all of us who knew her better people! My heart breaks at her loss.

After finding out about her passing, I ended up over eating a bit. I limit my calories to 1200 and I ate 112 over that, plus I didn't walk like I planned. Tomorrow is another day though. My friend would not want me to be sad, so I will pick myself up and put on my big girl panties and go on with life.

Love to all. Thanks for your patience and your support!

Barb from South Louisiana

• hoff2002
    hoff2002 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Welcome to all those who are new. Congratulations to all who are staying true to their diets and exercises. I usually try to respond to as many of you individually as I can, but I hope you will understand that I'm just not feeling it tonight.

Thanks to everyone for the Happy Anniversary wishes. DH and I went out to lunch with DD#2, DD#3 & DSIL today. DD#3/DSIL paid for all our meals. It was really sweet of them, but it always concerns me because I know they can't afford it. We went to a Sushi bar and I really had a rough time...I guess a mini-melt down. I was so concerned with making sure that I stayed within my calories that I think I was just overly stressed. I ended up going to the ladies' room and having a good cry. I looked at myself in the mirror and told myself that my face looks smaller and that I have been doing well on my diet. I thought about the menu and reminded myself that it was ok to ask for substitutions or sauce on the side if that what I wanted to do. I felt like a total idiot. I don't want to be someone who cannot go out to a restaurant if the situation presents itself. I want to be someone who can control myself and make good choices. Ugh! I ended up ordering the grilled sea bass with veggies. Told the waitress to put the sauce on the side and that I'd like a small house salad instead of the rice. I asked for no dressing on the salad and no croutons. She brought me a salad that was soaked with dressing. I politely sent it back. Fortunately, my family was ok with my weirdness and was very supportive of me wanting to stay on track.

Then we came home. We passed in front of my neighbor's house...the one who has lung cancer with mets to the brain. There were a couple of men in a van who were very dressed up. I said, "That doesn't look good." DD#2 read a post by her daughter that she had just passed away. That really has put a damper on the rest of our day. It's just so sad. DH and I were going to go out for a date, but neither of us felt like it anymore. My friend had started a forum on facebook where she wrote about her life and talked about her cancer. All I did all afternoon was read what she had written. She told me when she first was diagnosed last summer that she didn't want to die, but if God was ready for her, then it was ok. She hoped that she wouldn't linger like another neighbor had. She said, "I did this to myself by smoking. The ones I feel sorry for are those little children who haven't done anything and are suffering and dying of cancer." She made "No More Chemo Cakes" for the children who had finished their chemo treatments at a hospital near our home. She was such a wonderful, positive woman with a smile that was contagious. I have no doubt that she is with the Lord. She made all of us who knew her better people! My heart breaks at her loss.

After finding out about her passing, I ended up over eating a bit. I limit my calories to 1200 and I ate 112 over that, plus I didn't walk like I planned. Tomorrow is another day though. My friend would not want me to be sad, so I will pick myself up and put on my big girl panties and go on with life.

Love to all. Thanks for your patience and your support!

Barb from South Louisiana

• fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,148 Member
    Options
    Barb from Louisiana - I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I'm sure she is with the Lord. You just take care of yourself. Don't worry about the few extra calories just get back on track tomorrow. Sending prayers and ((((hugs)))) your way.

Mary from Minnesota

• tshoop2015
    Options
    Hi all. I'm new to MFP, I am training for my 5th "60 Mile" Breast Cancer walk. My goals are to continue walking daily to keep myself motivated and in complete shape for the walk and I would like to climb Mt. Shasta next year. Also, being 52 yrs. old I do find it a bit harder to keep my weight from taking me over so this also helps keep that in check. I find it refreshing to read everyone's encouraging words to each other. I hope to be a part of this community for a long time!
  • madierdorf
    madierdorf Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all I would like to join this group.I am 58 yo RN. I have lost 34 lbs in 1 yr and 2 months. I am down to a size 8 from a 16-18. I continue to set goals for this month:
    Drink 10 glasses of water a day.
    Exercise an min of 3x per week
    Increase my running distance to 8 K.
    Have fun and enjoy live.:-)
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Barb so sorry about your friend. She sounds like she was quite an individual and a person was lucky just to know her. As far as feeling weird asking for special requests when you are out, you will get used to that. And as far as the salad goes, you ordered right, they got it wrong. You have every right to send it back. The kitchen needs to be aware when they do something wrong so they can make sure their place of business has a good reputation

madierdorf welcome. I am/was an RN also. There are several of us here, mot of them are still working. What kind of area do you work in. I was in cardiac.

Sylvia you sound like you are feeling a lot better. Yeah!!!

Heather I googled your location to see it. It looks beautiful, several waterfalls, all the parks.

Last year the state of Indiana sent out a letter that said that most of the residents had been overcharged on their excise taxes and would get a refund. I think I just forgot about it, people like me don't get refunds. Then we got the form to fill out to receive it. Charlie didn't want to bother with it so I told him if I filled it out then he had to give me the money. So yesterday I got my $134.37! Now I just have to decide what to buy. My sister called me today and she is having some of the same kind of confusing she had last fall. She is promising that she will not drive until this is figured out. When she had it before her doctor told her that two of the medicines she was taking should never be taken together. But she convinced her family doctor to let her go ahead and take a smaller dose of the offending medicine. So now she is back to confusion again and is saying it is due to one of her asthma inhalers. I told her that some day she is going to see a doctor that says to let him be the doctor. I don't like her doctor anyway. She went to the ER last night, was told to see her doctor today as a follow up and they finally answered her request, that was called in this morning, in the afternoon and found a time for her to see him in a couple of weeks. She had a cat scan in the ER so they are going to schedule an MRI. She scares me. She irritates me a lot but I love her to pieces.

Had to renew my drivers license today. It still had my old weight on it and said I was 5'6'' and the picture was of my old fat face. So I like the new face on it, the weight but don't like that the height is 5'4'' 1/2inch. Can't do anything about it so life goes on!

Joyce, Indiana
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    SuzyH and Crazydog - thank you for the welcome.

Noexcuses....your photo doesn't make you look invisible. You look great. But it's how we feel isn't it? I thought I'd love turning 50 but that didn't happen so I need to work at it and get the mojo going.

Cello, Selena, Madierdorf - HI! We all started at the same time. I need to lose 20lbs minimum and get fit and toned.

Anyone else need to combat extreme exhaustion?

My main issue is with exhaustion. Really bad fatigue gets me reaching for the sugar and not exercising. Read recently that it could be Vit B deficiency that lots of women get in their 50s so am going to try some high supplements and see how that works out.If it works, I'll let you know.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,756 Member
    Options
    morning ladies,
    wow I slept like a rock...didn't even hear the DH get out of bed.. well I think today we wont have to snow blow and shovel!!! whooo hoooo
    DFIL was in a mood yesterday ,I did get his pills in him with vanilla ice cream but he refused his breakfast and told me to get the hell out... ahhh dementia...
    Oh well.. will go down there this morning and see what kind of mood he is in.. then run over to the plumbing store to look and see if they have any bath vanities.. then to work ,and work until 6 p.m...
    then drop off Chester at the groomers in the morning and go back out and see DFIL
  • peachstategal
    peachstategal Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Happy Hump Day for those who are still working!

Barb, so glad you were able to overcome your fears at the restaurant and sorry you had to go through that. I honestly obsess when I know which restaurant we are going to and I can see the menu online. Sounds like you made very good choices in the end. Also, sorry for the bad news about your neighbor. She sounds like she was a wonderful person to know.

Joyce, so funny reading about your renewed driver's license and so glad you are pleased with the new you. I know just how you felt about the old picture. My old one was horrible. The pictures on my Costco/BJs cards are both awful.

Alison, I know what you are dealing with in your DFIL's dementia. My mom is getting to the point where none of us can bear being around her. But, we will. It's like the best and the worst comes out at alternate moments during the day.

DH is getting ready to pack up for the monthly Scott's Antique Show in S. Atlanta. People would not believe the amount of work it takes to get ready for these shows. There is one lady that drives down here from NY every month and she must be in her late 70's.

Welcome to all who are new to this and wishing you much success!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,962 Member
    Options
    :D Barb, I go out of my way to avoid eating in restaurants. My friends know that taking me to a restaurant is not a treat for me. Even so, since my hubby likes eating in restaurants, I can't avoid them entirely. It takes practice to know exactly how to ask for special foods or substitutions and sometimes even with the best possible skills, I have ended up with food that was not what I expected. As annoying as that is, I remind myself that I am not a person with a peanut allergy who was just served something in peanut sauce. I won't die from the error. I can add it to the life experience column and go on and remind myself again, that my favorite way to eat is at my own house.

:D And on the topic of restaurants, I think I have just decided to stop going to the monthly restaurant lunch with my line dance friends. No matter how carefully I choose my seat, I end up sitting next to someone with a political agenda that conflicts with mine or someone who wants to talk about the illnesses and surgeries of everyone she knows, or someone who complains about her husband. I finally asked myself why I wanted to spend money and calories I can't spare to do something I don't want to do.

:D Welcome to everyone who is new. Do not be discouraged. This long journey started for all of us with a single step, a single insight, a single change in food or exercise and has grown into success.

:mrgreen: Joyce, I'm glad you like your new drivers license photo. The fact that life goes on is the best news for all of us.

smiley-happy093.gif Barbie from beautiful NW Washington

The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT.
  • Twhitehead7
    Twhitehead7 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Had a good day yesterday. Met up with friends for coffee. Such a treat! Made me realize how important it is to take time to connect with people!
    Now that I am not working I don't see friends.
    My days are filled with parents and in law care, as well as my youngest.
    Feeling energized, now, to have more positive days ahead!
    Just wanted to share, so if others are lonely (and don't realize it)...take a moment for coffee or phone conversation with a friend!
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Barbiecat, I like your quote at the end: 'The reason most people fail is they trade what they want most with what they want at the moment.' (Guilty of that a lot of the time, so that habit's got to change!)
    Where is it from?
  • Lilymay2
    Lilymay2 Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning everyone. So trying to keep up by checking in with my phone. A lot of the words auto fill. Cool!!!!

Barbie cat. ...yes lunch with negative people is not fun.

Alison.& .Peach..it is hard to see our elderly people with dementia. My mom is hard to be around too.

Barb...sorry about your neighbor. (((((hugs)))))

No time to respond to everyone. ...supposed to be working. ...ha ha. Lovely drive in in the -30 C weather.

Welcome to the new/returning people. This is a great place to be.

Lillian in west central Saskatchewan.
  • k2boxlady
    Options
    tfcjdo2wu1eg.jpg