What was your one little victory today that deserves acknowledgement?

Options

Replies

• queen_of_disaster
    queen_of_disaster Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Getting a workout this close to midnight... I was almost going to call it a day and just keep lazing about in bed but I actually got off my butt and moved, even if it was only for 15 minutes! :P
  • Blueseraphchaos
    Blueseraphchaos Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    I did not eat the last delicious blueberry muffin that my mother-in-law sent over. I did have one last night, though. It was gooooood.
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I ran 5 miles today!
  • MissyMissy18
    MissyMissy18 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Not MFP related, but totally relevant to life.

Today a friend of mine who I haven't talked to in 6 months messaged me on Facebook. I was glad to hear from him, until the conversation just started making me feel crappy. To summarize, he teased me about not having a full time job (I do currently freelance), not having any hips while having large "cans", humble-bragged about his new business venture, then acted like he just totally forgot that I do graphic design. I promptly ended the conversation... and then after thinking about it a bit longer, unfriended him on Facebook. It doesn't sound that drastic, but I've known him for 10 years and we used to be very close. After our conversation I realized he is toxic, and just a total *kitten*. I decided I don't have room for relationships like that in my life anymore...and I went ahead and deleted a bunch of other people from Facebook who are contributing nothing to my life.

It felt *kitten* fantastic :)
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I exercised and that saved me from going over in my calories AND after bad news I didn't go get cheesecake. :)
  • thatstheticket
    thatstheticket Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Today a friend of mine who I haven't talked to in 6 months messaged me on Facebook. I was glad to hear from him, until the conversation just started making me feel crappy. To summarize, he teased me about not having a full time job (I do currently freelance), not having any hips while having large "cans", humble-bragged about his new business venture, then acted like he just totally forgot that I do graphic design. I promptly ended the conversation... and then after thinking about it a bit longer, unfriended him on Facebook. It doesn't sound that drastic, but I've known him for 10 years and we used to be very close. After our conversation I realized he is toxic, and just a total *kitten*. I decided I don't have room for relationships like that in my life anymore...and I went ahead and deleted a bunch of other people from Facebook who are contributing nothing to my life.

I love this! Good for you!! I try to do this twice a year. Would I enjoy randomly bumping in to them on the street and chat? Would I enjoy a lunch with them? Do their posts make me laugh or think deeply? Then I know they are keepers!
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I fit into a 4xl shirt and I need to make my belt shorter :)
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I got back on track with my calories after a long weekend - always tricky for me!
  • SandyBVTN
    SandyBVTN Posts: 367 Member
    Options

Good for you! I've been feeling *kitten* about some of my facebook but not really real life anymore friends and this is the push I need to edit a few out. No room for the negativity.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to up my water intake. I made it to 96 oz. today. Still feel thirsty...

I've started taking the stairs at work. I work on the 8th floor, so in easing in to it. Every week, I add another flight.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Total NSV, my favorite old flannel PJ pants that last Christmas I could only wear with the button undone I finally tried on again. Well they still don't fit, only this time they are too big, and I had to tighten the ties to get them to stay on.... I wish I had tried them on again sooner....
  • pjcfrancis
    pjcfrancis Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Said "no" to dessert.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My youngest got his driving permit on Monday. We did our first driving lesson today. I did NOT drink a bottle of wine when we got home!! :):D;):p
  • fi1973
    Options
    Did a 20km walk and a boxercise class so I've burnt more calories than I ate 20kg down but still 24kg more to lose
  • bpaine0715
    bpaine0715 Posts: 14 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    These all really motivated me. Didn't sleep well last night so after my brother got on bus to school took a nap missed going to the gym with my friend but went on a nice fast paced walk while brother scootered. Also cut back soda consumption today. Got gym plans tomorrow though!
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    My youngest got his driving permit on Monday. We did our first driving lesson today. I did NOT drink a bottle of wine when we got home!! :):D;):p

You did better than me! When my daughter (now 19) got hers the first time she drove with me I went home and drank, a lot. I made hubby taking over driving lessons after that! I still don't like riding when she's driving
  • MichelleF115
    MichelleF115 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I decided to go with my husband for a 5-day trip to visit family; usually I would let my recent 10-lb weight gain stop me from meeting anyone or going anywhere, but I've decided to seize the day - life's too short (and precious) to be wasted on weight worries.
  • starryphoenix
    starryphoenix Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I did 500 squats
    I also didn't eat a little bag of chocolate my sister gave me. I'm saving it for Easter.
  • Yourebeautiful2day
    Options
    I only ate the food I packed in my lunchbox today at work. It was a good day (*)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I ate bacon chocolate in moderation.