1200 cal per day challenge!

Hi people! I am currently on a 1200 calorie per day diet, however I am starting to loose motivation :s I am thinking that if I can get a forum started for people who want to do this with me then maybe we can challenge and inspire one another. I am 5,7 current weight is 218 (I have just give birth to twins 10 weeks ago). I want to loose at least 60 lbs. So far I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks by consuming 1200 calories per day. Anyone interested....nothing wrong with a bit of health competition is there

Replies

• Ywilliams82
    Ywilliams82 Posts: 55 Member
    Hi

I gave birth 6 weeks ago and looking to lose 2 1/2 stone (35lbs) not all baby weight as I was 14lbs heavier when I got pregnant. I've lost 19lbs so far.
    If I'm honest I'm struggling to eat more than 1,000 calories a day some days either due to forgetting to eat or because sometimes breastfeeding curbs my appetite and other days it makes me starving.

So I'd be up for joining in.

Yvonne
  • Tareeseah
    Tareeseah Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    I'm just starting out today. I am doing the 1200 calorie diet/lifestyle change. I'm 5'2" and weigh 242. I hate my body, but I love food, Fatty, carb loaded, sweet, chocolatey food. I really need someone or a group to help me stay on track. I stay at home all day and that makes it easy to binge and lose focus. I want to lose 90lbs or more.
  • Welcome Yvonne! Each day lets comment on our progress as well as any hints, tips and ideas. What is your current weight?
  • Welcome Tareeseah! I am on maternity leave at the moment and so I am at home all day which Definately makes things harder. Please check in each day with progress, hints, tips and ideas recipes etc. let's all motivate one another!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Hi people! I am currently on a 1200 calorie per day diet, however I am starting to loose motivation :s I am thinking that if I can get a forum started for people who want to do this with me then maybe we can challenge and inspire one another. I am 5,7 current weight is 218 (I have just give birth to twins 10 weeks ago). I want to loose at least 60 lbs. So far I have lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks by consuming 1200 calories per day. Anyone interested....nothing wrong with a bit of health competition is there

When I started here, I was 5'7" and 172. I started with 1200 calories and lost muscle mass which meant I was more jiggly, more flabby when I got to my goal weight.

1200 is too low for your height & age. Plus the fact you're a new mom. If you're breastfeeding, you definitely need to be eating more.
  • Ywilliams82
    Welcome Yvonne! Each day lets comment on our progress as well as any hints, tips and ideas. What is your current weight?

I'm 5ft 7 and currently weigh 183lbs
  • Ywilliams82

When I started here, I was 5'7" and 172. I started with 1200 calories and lost muscle mass which meant I was more jiggly, more flabby when I got to my goal weight.

1200 is too low for your height & age. Plus the fact you're a new mom. If you're breastfeeding, you definitely need to be eating more.

I looked into how much you can eat when breastfeeding and apparently it's a myth that you need to eat and drink more as when your pregnant your body lays down fat stores
  • natty07
    natty07 Posts: 2
    edited February 2015
    Hi all. I'm doing 1200 and I'm 5'8 and currently 206. I'm determined to be a fitter mum for the summer. My son wants me to play footy etc without me not making it to the goal. So my goal is to lose this weight that's getting me down. I started two weeks ago and was doing slim fast which I lost 5lb. The 2nd week I started diet chef which I've weighed today and lost 6lb. I'm so happy I've lost all that so far. My goal is to be 161 which is ideal for my height and build. It's hard but I will do it. It's harder at the moment as I'm on medication which I've always struggled to lose weight being on the meds. Also my sons autistic and has the same foods most times but loves his salads which so help me. I got bored of cooking and decided I need a kick up the backside. It's just us two so I needed a boost with changing my way of cooking. Diet chef is working so roll on my new body. You all keep up your good work and if that motivation is lacking read up on our story's. I know it helps me get that motivation back because we are not alone.
  • NewMeSM75
    NewMeSM75 Posts: 971 Member
    I've been on 1200 calorie goal since I began in 2013. I've had my good days and bad but that's to be expected. I'm 5'1; 40 years old; CW 115.6 GW 110.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member

I looked into how much you can eat when breastfeeding and apparently it's a myth that you need to eat and drink more as when your pregnant your body lays down fat stores

Source.

Because everywhere I've read has said you need 500 calories extra a day for breastfeeding.
    Regardless, 1200 is TOO LOW for your height & age.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member

Source.

Because everywhere I've read has said you need 500 calories extra a day for breastfeeding.

a 1,000,000 times this.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Hi I'm on 1200 cals too. Not good at posting on the forum regularly but everyone on this thread is welcome to add me as a friend! Then we can see how other people spend their 1200. Best of luck!
  • lmann72
    lmann72 Posts: 82 Member
    I'm 1200 too - I've found if I'm upping my exercise ( lots of weight and cardio) I need to have between 1200 and 1500. Just listen to your body ( not your desire for food) and it'll help you figure it out!
  • queenbea77
    queenbea77 Posts: 402 Member
    I did 1200 calories and hours of cardio for ages and any little bit I lost I gained right back. I started on 1,800 calories last week and instead of cardio added strength training and have lost 5 lbs. As lishie_rebooted states - 1200 is way too low. Even if you lay around in bed all day doing nothing it is too low.
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    1200 seems so incredibly low, especially if any of you ladies are nursing. My wife is on baby #3 right now and we noticed a big difference in her energy and weight loss when she bumped the calories up to 1400-1500 daily instead.
  • jjasmelon
    jjasmelon Posts: 101
    edited February 2015
    I found that starting with 1500 calories then switching to 1200 calories after a week helped me the most as the difference didn't seem that much then. Now am used to being on 1200 calories a day but if i exercise on a certain day I will eat back some of my calories.
  • TiffKouns
    TiffKouns Posts: 222 Member
    I am doing the 1200 calories also! I would love some support and meal ideas! Been doing this for 23 days losing weight but running out of ideas!
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    I've been doing 1200 (suggested by my doctor for health reasons) for just over a month now. Anyone can add me :)

I don't agree 1200 is too low. It depends on the person, their health, etc. I burn off 700-900 calories most days and eat at least half back. There's no way I'm eating too little for me.
  • AprilLBradley
    AprilLBradley Posts: 40 Member
    Hi! I have been working with a 1200 calorie limit as well, for about 6 weeks. I've only lost a few pounds. I just started incorporating jogging/ walking about 2 weeks ago. I am getting a bit discouraged. Doing the exact same as the above worked for me about 3 years ago after the birth of my son, but I let about 35 pounds come back on since then. I am trying to get back on track to being healthy! I need some encouragement!
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member

Source.

^ditto to the extreme...