Worse or most ignorant thing said to you from a total stranger...

Options
Renee0887
Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
When I was 9 months pregnant with my daughter (I was 22), I was walking home from work and munching on a beautiful, juicy granny smith apple. I walked by an outdoor café and some jerk yelled out to me "have another donut sweetheart!" It still upsets me to this day...

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Some woman was sitting in her car at the lights as I crossed the road, she had her window down and said to me, very loudly "You're too F**king young to be knocked up!"

I was 32. And not pregnant.
  • pileofnoodles
    pileofnoodles Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I have a service dog, so I get a lot of rude or ignorant comments. I guess the worst instance was a woman chasing me down in a store screaming "Ma'am! Ma'am are you blind?! MA'AM?!" not a worker, just some... psycho. I ignored her at first but she continued, and even still after I explained "No, he is a mobile assistance and alert dog." Of course I always get people telling me I don't "look disabled" too, so is the life of invisible illnesses.

That or once standing in line for a water slide these girls tried getting out of line, but because of a fence had to squeeze between my friends and I. I didn't know at first because they were just standing there before finally rudely saying "excuuuse us", to which I apologized and let them by, then as they walked off I hear them say as they looked back "Yea because of that skinny *kitten*". I said "Excuse me, do you have something to say to me?" They scooted off, scared that I had heard them.
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I was at the 7-11 buying a coffee and a lotto ticket. The guy behind the counter asked me when I was due. Thank goodness I was pregnant, but only by 2 months so I wasn't showing yet...
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Worried and exhausted, in line at the pharmacy to pick up medicine for my brand new son, and a well-meaning elderly lady counseled, "you are wrong to have that baby out of the house this early."
    Should I have left him at home alone or not bothered with his potentially life-saving medicine, I wondered (but didn't respond, out of respect).
  • victoria_f_johnson
    Options
    My son it's autistic and has a sensory disorder and has melt downs in public places when there are large groups of people around. A lady once came up to me while he was having a meltdown in kmart and told me i needed to spank him more. That really ticked me off so i told her where to go!
  • Misshodge64
    Misshodge64 Posts: 8,588 Member
    Options
    A guy I DIDN'T know asked me who I was going home with after the club. I told him, I don't know you and you don't know me, I COULD HAVE AIDS OR SOMETHING. He replied it don't matter, we young. LITTLE BOY REALLY?
  • Renee0887
    Renee0887 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My son it's autistic and has a sensory disorder and has melt downs in public places when there are large groups of people around. A lady once came up to me while he was having a meltdown in kmart and told me i needed to spank him more. That really ticked me off so i told her where to go!
    Good for you, I would have just spanked HER!
  • victoria_f_johnson
    Options
    Renee0887 wrote: »
    Good for you, I would have just spanked HER!

Lol i thought about it
  • Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »
    Worried and exhausted, in line at the pharmacy to pick up medicine for my brand new son, and a well-meaning elderly lady counseled, "you are wrong to have that baby out of the house this early."
    Should I have left him at home alone or not bothered with his potentially life-saving medicine, I wondered (but didn't respond, out of respect).

When my son was born, my wife and I went out to a store with him. An old lady asks how old he was. We said 5-8 weeks (I can't remember exactly). Her response - oh why does mommy have you out if the house so early??

My wife and I just looked at each other.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    4leighbee wrote: »

When my son was born, my wife and I went out to a store with him. An old lady asks how old he was. We said 5-8 weeks (I can't remember exactly). Her response - oh why does mommy have you out if the house so early??

My wife and I just looked at each other.

LOL ... times, they are a'changin' ...
  • haleklausen
    haleklausen Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but I know I've said some dumbs ignorant things to a lot of people though.
  • loopingcaterpillar
    loopingcaterpillar Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I once had a customer ask if i was pregnant, i said NO, to which she said "are you sure??".

then i once had a lady take a bite out of her snack, then offer my son a bite of her half bitten food.
    no he does not want a bite thankyousomuchyouweirdo.
  • barry1992
    barry1992 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    People have a habit of saying to me "yes , you did".

NO !! I blinking didnt !!!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo of a quote going down my upper arm. I was at a gas station and a woman say it and said to me "good luck finding a meaningful full time job with that garbage on you" I kindly said back- I'm employed full time and it's not any of her business and if she'd like to see my 4 other tattoos I'd be glad to show them to her. :| some people...
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I once had a guy at the gym tell me "How can you jump rope that fast and you are still fat?" He was not a total stranger which was the only reason why I let it side as maybe he genuine wants to know why. I just laughed at said my diet sucks. I need to change it and we both laughed and went back to working out.
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school working at a fast food restaurant, I once had a Caucasian customer and his wife tell me he didn't want me serving him because I was Hispanic. He wanted a white person to serve him. My manager ended up taking their order. Wish she would've refused him service instead!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    When I was in high school working at a fast food restaurant, I once had a Caucasian customer and his wife tell me he didn't want me serving him because I was Hispanic. He wanted a white person to serve him. My manager ended up taking their order. Wish she would've refused him service instead!

Was it a Taco Bell or Burrito place?
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

WOW...such ignorance! I would've slapped him!

• labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »

WOW...such ignorance! I would've slapped him!
    Thought crossed my mind, but that wouldn't change his hatred. Only fuel it.