Options
2»

Replies

• hanajbanana
    hanajbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    - Drink enough water
    - Get enough sleep
    - Allow yourself the occassion treat, or work out how to fit treats into your calorie goals - total deprivation will only lead to binging and misery!
    - Weigh everything, log everything - and don't just choose the listing with the lowest calories, do some work to find the most accurate one (try to find one with exact weight options in grams, rather than cups, and one with a good number of user recommendations if possible)
    - Take a lot of what people say with a pinch of salt (but not too much salt, you'll get water retention!) - the boards are great to get ideas, motivation and advice from those that have been there, done that, but there's a lot of misinformation, and at the end of the day you need to find a sensible plan that works for you, not someone else
    - As said above, patience is key! There's no magic formula (I wish!) - it's just eating with a sensible deficit and aiming for 1-2lb per week max loss. Exercise is great if you want to, for health not just losing weight, but not necessary... (personally, I love BodyCombat - great for burning calories as well as getting out the day's stresses)

Um, sorry, you did ask for one and I've gone way overboard, but hope it helps and GOOD LUCK :-)
  • Evenstranger
    Evenstranger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    For me, it's been a matter keeping my short, medium and long term views straight... Long view is my weight loss goal(s). Medium is something tangible, easily identified - Do my pants fit better, or is it easier to walk? Short term goals are like my daily calorie or activity goals. I get in trouble when I start looking at weight loss goals as short or medium, or calorie intake over a longer period than just today. My motivation gets out of whack and I end up tanking whatever progress I've made.
  • Yolkex
    Yolkex Posts: 13
    Options
    Stop drinking soda and eating sides (french fries, chips, etc.)
  • Fr33zefram3
    Fr33zefram3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Make it a habit. The best thing you can do is get good at making new habits.

Want to log more? -make it a habit
    Want to go to the gym more? -make it a habit
    Want to drink more water? -make it a habit

Be open to change!
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    Abs start in the kitchen. Don't think you can eat unhealthy foods everyday just because they fit into your calories. Be active and burn those calories while eating 80% clean.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Abs start in the kitchen. Don't think you can eat unhealthy foods everyday just because they fit into your calories.

Why not? If you want to lose weight all you need is a calorie deficit.
  • KatieLK14
    KatieLK14 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Be patient. try to love and appreciate yourself along your journey