Cheeseburger Tator Tot Pie (365 Calories)

Options

Replies

• coakes31
    coakes31 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great Idea. I love how you use the little ramikens (sp) I think thats a great idea in portion control and less temptation to go back for seconds when made in a 9 x 13 pan...lol Im sure we could do this with many kinds of dishes gives me an Idea for when the family wants tator tot hotdish. Simple dishes like this help me in meal planning when its just me and the kids when hubby is away for travels with work.

Thanks again!!
  • wildmustng87
    Options
    Looks delicious! Time to go to the grocery store!
  • e1lindsay
    e1lindsay Posts: 230
    Options
    dude, Tater Tot Casserole is one of my very favorite foods and i have racking my brain trying to figure out a way to make it healthier...i'm going to try this sometime this week!!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    These are in the oven right now! I put the ketchup and mustard in the wrong place lol. My only thoughts so far...the cheese mixture was really hard to layer and wasn't sure if the amount in the recipe was for all four or that was for each one.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    These are in the oven right now! I put the ketchup and mustard in the wrong place lol. My only thoughts so far...the cheese mixture was really hard to layer and wasn't sure if the amount in the recipe was for all four or that was for each one.

It was for all four. My cheese wedges were at room temperature...that might make a difference in spread-ability.
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It sounds and looks delicious but, by making such casseroles, it does not appear as though you are revising your lifestyle to become heart-healthy at all. That's a pile of carbohydrates you're taking in with that recipe. Not a wise practice.

Below is a quote from the awesome LADYHAWK00 who is a moderator on this website and something I think EVERYONE should live by and stop being so judgmental in regards to what everyone else eats.

OP, I think your dinner looks delicious and that's good that you did individual portions.
    I think it's important to remember that everyone here is at a different stage in the process of getting healthy. When many people start, it's a huge deal just to change one or two things. Maybe they start by trying to meet cal goal and doing a little exercise - and don't worry about exact nutrients just yet. And that's ok. Because if that keeps them from being overwhelmed and quitting, then it IS the right way to do it. Hopefully it will lead to more progress and habits they can stick with.

Sure, I cringe when I see a diary where someone is at McD's every single day. But maybe that's an improvement for them - maybe they used to go 3 times a day.

So try to remember, everyone is fighting their own demons, at their own pace. :flowerforyou:

I absolutely love the quote from Lady Hawk. Another guideline that I've copy/pasted and emailed to myself for future motivation! And as for your recipe, I'm just missing pickles and ground turkey, otherwise I'd be whipping this up tonight. My husband is a cheeseburger FIEND.
  • heboyette
    heboyette Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm keeping this on my topics!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    Oops, double post. Sorry!
  • smc1277
    smc1277 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options

It was for all four. My cheese wedges were at room temperature...that might make a difference in spread-ability.

Room temp probably would have helped, it isn't easy spreading over crumbled turkey burger! I also ended up doubling the cheese so it probably wasn't as healthy but I do have to say...

It was very delicious! My kids loved it
  • BrickHouse2011
    BrickHouse2011 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Carbs are good for the body. why are ppl so negative if there is nothing nice to say please do not say anything at all. The onlything that may be considered unhealthy are the tater tots. and they weren't even fried they are baked in the oven. Lifestyle change = everything in moderation. It doe not mean that you have to cut out the foods you love.
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    Bump
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    These look really good, I bet my son would even eat it. :)
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Jenn1254
    Jenn1254 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jovannyr
    Jovannyr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    BUMP... I know my kids would so love this..! Thanks

**running to get my missing ingredients**
  • m_lang
    Options
    My husband loves tator tots and cheesburgers so here's my healthy-er compromise that I worked up for him this weekend. He loved it! It also freezes and reheats in the microwave very well.

4 Servings | 365 Calories ea

4 Ramekins (oven safe)

8oz Ground Turkey
    1/4 cup Onion, minced
    1 Tbl Garlic, minced
    1/2 can Small Peas, drained/rinsed
    2 Wedges Laughing Cow Light Swiss Cheese
    1/3 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese (I didn't use low-fat but you can!)
    12 Hamburger Style Dill Pickle Slices
    2 Tbl Ketchup
    4 tsp Mustard
    36-ish Tator Tots

Preheat oven to 400° F. Brown the turkey in a pan with garlic and onion. Drain, add peas and set aside. In a small bowl mash together cheese wedges and cheddar. Put a layer of 4 pickle slices in the bottom of each ramekin. Divide the meat/peas into the four ramekins on top of the pickles. Next layer the cheese mix. Next add 1/2 Tbl ketchup and 1 tsp of mustard to each. Top with a layer of tator tots (about 9 each). Sprinkle with salt & pepper if desired. Bake for 20 minutes.

cheeseburgertatortot.png

Thanks so much for your recipe! I am trying it tonight with a few changes, only because I live in a small town and can't get ground turkey , or the laughing cow cheese!

I used chopped up tomatoes, and onions and instead of ground turkey cut up turkey bacon. I used shredded cheese over everything (2/3 cup). ANd of course the ketchup and mustard then topped with tater tots. I put this in a 9 x 9 pan and 1/4 of this recipe is only 272 calories, 27 carbs, 15fat(little more than i'd like but ok with that for tater tot casserole : ) , 12 protein. I can't wait to try this tonight!

Kudos to you for making healthier choices! I have a FUSSY 2 yr old who won't eat anything, and I bought tater tots thinking it's something she would eat. It's not like a person indulges in greasy tater tot casserole every night in the week. It's just a nice change to the weekly menu. I agree with earlier ppl's posts...could be worse a greasy cheese burger and tater tots(deepfried to boot)! Thanks again!!!
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    OMG Bump! :D
  • sare_sweetheart
    Options
    bump