Going from 191lb to 200lb in two months Lean mass

Replies

• Praying_Mantis
    Praying_Mantis Posts: 239 Member
    All natural

... except for the salmon ;) Go wild; you will taste the difference.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Maybe that's who it is. I've tried their cracked peppercorn and "lightly seasoned" veggies before and it's just way to much for me. Despite the amount of butter I use regularly- their seasoned veggies are to much-and I think the asparagus is seasoned- which might be another reason I shied away. I'll look again.

LOL_ was thinking of you the other day- I bought a heavier zip up jacket (heavier than a standard indoor working out number) at TJMaxx- I was taking off the tags last night and realized it was a running jacket. LOL. I'm trying so hard to be a none running runner.

I do frozen 90% of the time I'd say. I like zucchini fresh- and my peppers fresh- but everything else is manageable frozen. Take the whole steamable bag in to work and just eat the whole thing. Apparently it's "rabbit food" lulz

I don't like their peppercorn ones too much but the others I've tried are good.

the asparagus is seasoned. Schzuwen or however it's spelled. it wasn't bad. I think there is a plain one tho...

and AWWW you own an awful lot of running clothes now Jo! become one of us! =P

I eat the whole bag/box as well lol
    yeah that's right- the scheschwacannnnnnnnnn (it's like the damn alphebet) ones. I haven't seen plain ones- else I'd have tried them I think.

I should- i need more dedicated cardio in my life. Now's a hell of a time to try to pick it up though!!!

I'd be happy if I could run 3 miles 2x a week. I realize in terms of "runner" speak- that's peanuts- but for my needs that would be perfect.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Maybe that's who it is. I've tried their cracked peppercorn and "lightly seasoned" veggies before and it's just way to much for me. Despite the amount of butter I use regularly- their seasoned veggies are to much-and I think the asparagus is seasoned- which might be another reason I shied away. I'll look again.

LOL_ was thinking of you the other day- I bought a heavier zip up jacket (heavier than a standard indoor working out number) at TJMaxx- I was taking off the tags last night and realized it was a running jacket. LOL. I'm trying so hard to be a none running runner.

I do frozen 90% of the time I'd say. I like zucchini fresh- and my peppers fresh- but everything else is manageable frozen. Take the whole steamable bag in to work and just eat the whole thing. Apparently it's "rabbit food" lulz

the asparagus is seasoned. Schzuwen or however it's spelled. it wasn't bad. I think there is a plain one tho...

yeah that's right- the scheschwacannnnnnnnnn (it's like the damn alphebet) ones. I haven't seen plain ones- else I'd have tried them I think.

I should- i need more dedicated cardio in my life. Now's a hell of a time to try to pick it up though!!!

I'd be happy if I could run 3 miles 2x a week. I realize in terms of "runner" speak- that's peanuts- but for my needs that would be perfect.

Dude, I've got ANOTHER foot of snow heading my way.
    Half my running paths are under 3ft of snow *sobs*

You don't get enough cardio with dancing?
  • JoRocka

Dude, I've got ANOTHER foot of snow heading my way.
    Half my running paths are under 3ft of snow *sobs*

You don't get enough cardio with dancing?

Yeah- another snow storm heading our way for Saturday looks like. Then Tuesday/Wednesday... then toward the end of the week like Friday/Saturday- but that's a crap shoot.

Anyway- yeah I get some cardio from dance- I mean- I can go run a sub 10 min mile for 5-6 miles on the flat- so it's less about cardiovascular health and more about variety and mental work. I like running- and just getting out there to zone out for a while- and I honestly think it's good for me- either sprints or "longer" runs in the miles. Just makes me a better athlete.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Solid development in 5 years. Excellent progress.

Hate to be the buster of balls here, however after 5 years of training, to expect to see 8lbs of lean mass development in two months is highly unrealistic.

8lbs of TOTAL mass in 2 months, while remaining relatively lean however is reasonable and you'd still likely pack on a decent balance of muscle : fat if done correctly.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Wow, definitely awesome progress. You look great. :)
  • ros2will3run
    ros2will3run Posts: 104 Member
    Well, you look very handsome in both pics! Me, I prefer the first..less toned..but that's just preference! but hey, great workouts..!
  • YanierAlvarez
    YanierAlvarez Posts: 10
    edited February 2015
    Thank you guys. I will try to keep it as lean as possible. I know is kind of impossible but i will give it my best. I have learned to eat the past 2 years and i think with a good nutrition i can pull this one off. I will keep you guys posted.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Thank you guys. I will try to keep it as lean as possible. I know is kind of impossible but i will give it my best. I have learned to eat the past 2 years and i think with a good nutrition i can pull this one off. I will keep you guys posted.

I look forward to this.
    And thanks for letting me hijack!
    Sorry about that dude =]
  • beastcompany

Sorry brother, it's not a nutritional thing, it's a genetic potential thing.

Your diet can be as on point as possible, yet you will still not yield 8lbs of lean mass development in two months.

There are just limitations to the bodies natural ability to develop muscle in [x] time frame, and it is greatly reduced year by year of consistent training.

I'll try to pull the links/exact figures shortly for some reference, but (IIRC) the top names such as Lyle McDonald, and Alan Aragon approximate potential natural ability to develop at roughly 24lbs of MUSCLE in the first year of ones training.
    At which point, the potential of MAXIMUM muscular development in each year following is reduced by 1/2...or something close to it.

At 5 years of consistent training, your natural potential to develop lean mass is just no where near what you're hoping to accomplish.
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wow, definitely awesome progress. You look great. :)

Looks like someone got lost.

What do you mean by that? I'm just stating that he looks really good. :)
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member

Your diet can be as on point as possible, yet you will still not yield 8lbs of lean mass development in two months.

There are just limitations to the bodies natural ability to develop muscle in [x] time frame, and it is greatly reduced year by year of consistent training.

I'll try to pull the links/exact figures shortly for some reference, but (IIRC) the top names such as Lyle McDonald, and Alan Aragon approximate potential natural ability to develop at roughly 24lbs of MUSCLE in the first year of ones training.
    At which point, the potential of MAXIMUM muscular development in each year following is reduced by 1/2...or something close to it.

At 5 years of consistent training, your natural potential to develop lean mass is just no where near what you're hoping to accomplish.

This^^^
    The fitness industry has really manipulated people in to believing that if you just take supplement x, eat a certain way, train a certain way that you can exceed the reality of genetic potential for a natural lifter. The drug culture has played a major part in what people believe can be achieved. You can't force feed muscle growth as an experienced lifter, more than likely you just end up fat. You're not done growing or getting stronger/better, but at this stage I wouldn't put a time frame or a number on it. Keep training, eating, and making progress.
  • beastcompany
    MrM27 wrote: »

http://www.muscleforlife.com/how-much-muscle-can-you-build-naturally/

You're the man boss.

• JoRocka
    Well, you look very handsome in both pics! Me, I prefer the first..less toned..but that's just preference! but hey, great workouts..!

http://replygif.net/101
  • JoRocka
    someone make that stupid gif work. seriously.