Going from 191lb to 200lb in two months Lean mass

Options
13»

Replies

• YanierAlvarez
    Options
    Guys i really appreciate your comments. This is just a goal. Lean mass is not easy to grow i have been training for 5 consecutive years trying new stuff, trying new diets. If i do not push myself to the max no one will. Perhaps i can reach 2 pounds lean mass and 5 of fat i will be happy with it. You always have to go up so you can start to cuting. It will be all natural. Right now im losing weight because i have been trying to clean off from atificial protein. I have been taking that crap for a very long time now, is time to take a time off. I will start eating the right way again in 4 days. I train around 3 hours a day 6 days a week.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    JoRocka wrote: »
    someone make that stupid gif work. seriously.
    Well, you look very handsome in both pics! Me, I prefer the first..less toned..but that's just preference! but hey, great workouts..!

tumblr_mad8a4hnAK1r6aoq4o1_250.gif

God bless you sir.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Guys i really appreciate your comments. This is just a goal. Lean mass is not easy to grow i have been training for 5 consecutive years trying new stuff, trying new diets. If i do not push myself to the max no one will. Perhaps i can reach 2 pounds lean mass and 5 of fat i will be happy with it. You always have to go up so you can start to cuting. It will be all natural. Right now im losing weight because i have been trying to clean off from atificial protein. I have been taking that crap for a very long time now, is time to take a time off. I will start eating the right way again in 4 days. I train around 3 hours a day 6 days a week.

Like I stated earlier, it would be appreciated if you keep this thread updated with weekly pictures and maybe nutrition and training over views. A lot of us that are here are not at the level that you are (a couple guys are) but it can only benefit the group to have an open discussion about this type of stuff. This sub section here is different than the main forum. It's actual science and experience that has been analyzed and broken down over the years.

+1 I'm not even bulking, but I like reading about the experiences, and I've applied a lot of what I learn, even in a cut.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys. I will try to keep it as lean as possible. I know is kind of impossible but i will give it my best. I have learned to eat the past 2 years and i think with a good nutrition i can pull this one off. I will keep you guys posted.

Sorry brother, it's not a nutritional thing, it's a genetic potential thing.

Your diet can be as on point as possible, yet you will still not yield 8lbs of lean mass development in two months.

There are just limitations to the bodies natural ability to develop muscle in [x] time frame, and it is greatly reduced year by year of consistent training.

I'll try to pull the links/exact figures shortly for some reference, but (IIRC) the top names such as Lyle McDonald, and Alan Aragon approximate potential natural ability to develop at roughly 24lbs of MUSCLE in the first year of ones training.
    At which point, the potential of MAXIMUM muscular development in each year following is reduced by 1/2...or something close to it.

At 5 years of consistent training, your natural potential to develop lean mass is just no where near what you're hoping to accomplish.

The truth is sad and I prefer the fiction, but I live in reality and this is the way it is. I'm gaining maybe a 1/2lb a month, and that's lean + fat but it's about the best I can do. :cry:
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

Like I stated earlier, it would be appreciated if you keep this thread updated with weekly pictures and maybe nutrition and training over views. A lot of us that are here are not at the level that you are (a couple guys are) but it can only benefit the group to have an open discussion about this type of stuff. This sub section here is different than the main forum. It's actual science and experience that has been analyzed and broken down over the years.

+1 I'm not even bulking, but I like reading about the experiences, and I've applied a lot of what I learn, even in a cut.

^me too! that's why I'm hanging around here
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

+1 (currently cutting a bit but will be bulking again soonish).

OP: First let me say, well done and congrats. You look awesome - and you looked good in your "before" pic too IMHO. But second . . . man, it's a little depressing to think 5 years from before to after :'( You looked good before; I don't necessarily aspire to reach your after awesomeness -- maybe a little less ambitious in my case. And I now think the road ahead of me may be considerably longer than I thought, especially as an *ahem* ever so slightly older dude.

Like others I'd be interested in following your progress because this forum is different (lots less silliness and unfounded BS).
  • drepublic
    drepublic Posts: 180 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sorry guys. I belibe you miss understood me. Those gains took me 5 years to get them. My new goal is get to 200lb in two months. And thanks everyone.

That weight goal is possible in two months...but will not all be lean mass. Why are you trying to get to that weight in 2 months?
  • DeeJayShank
    DeeJayShank Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Lotta broscience happening here with the asparagus talk. But, hey, you are very lean, nice work.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Lotta broscience happening here with the asparagus talk. But, hey, you are very lean, nice work.

Could you clarify what you mean with the asparagus? I'm not sure what you are referencing here.