If You Could Choose ONE Food that you Can't Diet Without ...

Options

Replies

• Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to put my finger on one. I think probably Cathedral City lighter, it's a lower fat cheese. I didn't realise how much cheese we eat in this house so that has been a life saver. In my house if i sprinlkle cheese on it my OH will most likely eat it and hates pretty much everything i cook nowadays.
  • mkingraham
    mkingraham Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Oats with cinnamon and 1/4 cup of nonfat vanilla greek yogurt all mixed together.. best breakfast EVER
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hummus!!! drool.gif
  • bryony_pie
    bryony_pie Posts: 40
    Options
    Homemade yogurt - I use half 8th Continent Light Soymilk and half Skim Milk, with two Fage 0% Greek Yogurt starters. One serving is a full 8oz cup (larger than most ready-made yogurts) and has only 75 calories. I have it every morning for breakfast, sometimes mixed with honey as a fruit dip, and I bake with it constantly. Couldn't live without it!
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Marie's Yogurt Dressing (blue cheese). I eat salad almost everyday with this stuff.

Sounds good. Is it reduced in fat or calories?
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I use this on sandwich wrap and salad ... Anything to add moisture and flavor.

Boathouse Farms - Creamy Yogurt Dressing Honey Mustard
  • bettertracie
    bettertracie Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Kelloggs fiber plus antioxidants snack bars (choc chip or pb choc) with my fav pink lady apples... makes for a satisfying small meal or great temptation buster when my employees bring their fast food in my break area and I have to smell it... most days, I tell them how gross their food is, but somedays... it just doesn't matter and you want a bite of everybodys food court creations!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I hardly touched them before I joined MFP, but they're now my easy protein of choice and make me feel nice and full for a weekend breakfast, post-run top-up or mid-week eating alone dinner. Sadly I can't do the ultra-healthy whites-only thing as I don't like them. It has to be all-in omelet or scrambled, or just the yolks of boiled or poached eggs. Sorry cholesterol levels!
  • ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Eggs probably!!! :tongue:

Love advocados too!!! :tongue:
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Sounds good. Is it reduced in fat or calories?

Yes. It has about half the fat and cals of regular dressing. I was skeptical at first because it sounded kinda strange and I have never found a light dressing I liked. I didn't think it would be as good as the Kraft Roka blue cheese that I like, but it totally is.
  • Vfrick
    Vfrick Posts: 4
    Options
    Homemade Salsa all fresh from the garden!!!
  • tlp8rb
    tlp8rb Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. I use it in everything now!

I second this one, and FAGE 0% is my favorite. With a little honey and lemon added it is a great salad or cole slaw dressing. Substitute for milk in cereal. Add to pasta with some grated parm cheese for an almost fat free Alfredo Sauce. Add chocolate flavored stevia extract and its chocolate pudding.
  • emlov81
    emlov81 Posts: 128
    Options
    Almonds

....great afternoon snack (gotta weigh them though:bigsmile: )
  • myofibril
    myofibril Posts: 4,500 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices.

If you know how to season your food well you don't have to drown it in calorie laden sauces to make it taste amazing. My homemade cumin spiced lamb burgers are much sought after...
  • angelic_g
    angelic_g Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Ice cold water! It keeps me from craving the bad stuff.
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    Eggs. I eat them morning, noon, afternoon, and sometimes night. I eat more whites than yolks, but I usually eat one yolk per meal that includes eggs.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Fuji apples cold from the fridge. Gotta be Fuji and gotta be cold! :love:
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    Salad or water. Salad has to be the most filling food for the least calories I could eat. Water is obvious.
  • tinytini
    tinytini Posts: 7
    Options
    Broccoli! I get kidney stones and since broccoli is on my "do not eat" list I have to drink a lot of water with it to wash it out!! 2 birds with one stone!
  • terbear287
    terbear287 Posts: 6
    Options
    Love eggs. Totally on an egg kick!:happy: