Online Dating

Options

Replies

• BigBadWolf__
    BigBadWolf__ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    tchell99 wrote: »
    Responding with anger only validates his opinion. The best you can do is just delete and move on.

Online dating can be fun. I've met a few crazies. One told me she had picked out every detail of her wedding... on our first date.

I had a guy tell me on the second date as he casually walked to his car that he was going to put a baby in me. Also relevant: my profile specifically said I do not want kids. I think he was under the mistaken impression that's a romantic thing to say; he would terribly wrong on that point.

"got dem nice child bearin' hips right thur"
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    ^^ You look good. Just sayin! LOL
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Responding with anger only validates his opinion. The best you can do is just delete and move on.

Online dating can be fun. I've met a few crazies. One told me she had picked out every detail of her wedding... on our first date.

I had a guy tell me on the second date as he casually walked to his car that he was going to put a baby in me. Also relevant: my profile specifically said I do not want kids. I think he was under the mistaken impression that's a romantic thing to say; he would terribly wrong on that point.

"got dem nice child bearin' hips right thur"

I cannot deny that - it's a fact. But mother nature gave me an out by not installing one o' those biological clock thingies in me (or maybe it's just broken).

And, yeah, nothings gonna throw a flag quicker than rape or DV stories. I mean, in due time it's something you need to know about. But yikes.
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options

That's the worst lol.

No... them talking about their past rapes... that's way worse.

Yikes...I honestly wouldn't even know how to react. What did you end up saying?
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    Belle8312 wrote: »
    yopeeps025 wrote: »
    It wasn't a 'date'... but I have met up with a guy through Tinder. Luckily he looked exactly the same and had the same personality as he did online. I was 18 and he was 32- we got what we wanted out of it. I probably wouldn't do it again though. I was safe with this guy, but I don't want to ever chance it again.

Is there anyone on Tinder that's actually looking for a real life relationship? From what I've gathered, it's all about hookups.

I don't know. Talk to the guy on tinder and find out. Hookups I'm sure happen on all dating sites even the ones that you pay for.

Yeah, I know it happens all the time on all dating sites, I had just heard that Tinder was specifically for hookups. And from the experience I have had with it (literally only "swiped and matched" once) that's all the guy wanted. Granted I still have the account, only because I think it's fun to go on there and see everyone posing with tigers or a celebrity (I live near LA). :smiley:

If that is 100% true then tomorrow night might get a little more interesting than I think it will.

LOL! Would love to hear what happens!

Last night date did get interesting alright. It was actually one of my favorites.

• Belle8312
    Belle8312 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options

Okay, I did it with a smiley face next to it...I was just being a total smartass.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    It wasn't a 'date'... but I have met up with a guy through Tinder. Luckily he looked exactly the same and had the same personality as he did online. I was 18 and he was 32- we got what we wanted out of it. I probably wouldn't do it again though. I was safe with this guy, but I don't want to ever chance it again.

Is there anyone on Tinder that's actually looking for a real life relationship? From what I've gathered, it's all about hookups.

I don't know. Talk to the guy on tinder and find out. Hookups I'm sure happen on all dating sites even the ones that you pay for.

Yeah, I know it happens all the time on all dating sites, I had just heard that Tinder was specifically for hookups. And from the experience I have had with it (literally only "swiped and matched" once) that's all the guy wanted. Granted I still have the account, only because I think it's fun to go on there and see everyone posing with tigers or a celebrity (I live near LA). :smiley:

If that is 100% true then tomorrow night might get a little more interesting than I think it will.

Last night date did get interesting alright. It was actually one of my favorites.

Glad to hear it! :smiley:
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    I've got one I'm chattin with, haven't met up with, we'll see how it goes lol. I've been friend zoned a couple times already hahah
  • Belle8312
    Options
    I've got one I'm chattin with, haven't met up with, we'll see how it goes lol. I've been friend zoned a couple times already hahah

LOL! I know how that goes! Good luck! :smiley:
  • moya_bleh
    moya_bleh Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    Signed up to POF in March 2013, deleted my profile two weeks ago after zero dates and a string of women messaging me to say how ugly, out of shape and short (5'8") I am.
    Confidence is now at zero, addicted to lifting due to BDD and I've become a panic-attack suffering gynophobe :(
  • yopeeps025
    edited February 2015
    Options

Glad to hear it! :smiley:

Now your Tinder is a hookup site question. Well I did not do that. I actually ask first to kiss her. I really don't know why I did but I already knew the answer. I don't do this but maybe in a way it was good to ask. Gives her the power to accept or decline.

• yopeeps025
    Options

Well there are two stories up here that include the guy being persistent and it working out. Me including in this.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    moya_bleh wrote: »
    Signed up to POF in March 2013, deleted my profile two weeks ago after zero dates and a string of women messaging me to say how ugly, out of shape and short (5'8") I am.
    Confidence is now at zero, addicted to lifting due to BDD and I've become a panic-attack suffering gynophobe :(

Sad.... :disappointed_relieved:
  • Belle8312
    Options
    I had a guy message me last night that said he is in an open relationship (he is married). He said that they both knew what they wanted when they first started dating and that they got married and they both still see other people, she is more into women than men. He said he is looking for a lover and that I am very attractive and am what he is looking for.

REALLY DUDE?!?!?!? I mean, I am naïve sometimes...but REALLY???
  • cnadiger
    cnadiger Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I tried online dating for about a year after my divorce. I was so creeped out by all the guys who started talking about their junk or kinky sex after the first or second message I finally decided to take my profile down and meet people IRL. I did go out with a couple of great guys, but it didn't work out for a variety of reasons. Is that normal for online dating, immediately jumping to the "when are we hooking up??" question?
  • tchell99
    tchell99 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I had a guy message me last night that said he is in an open relationship (he is married). He said that they both knew what they wanted when they first started dating and that they got married and they both still see other people, she is more into women than men. He said he is looking for a lover and that I am very attractive and am what he is looking for.

There are a lot of polyamorous couples on OKC where I live. I have been messaged numerous times by men and women wanting me to join their situation. No judgement, really, but many of these couples also have kids and full-time jobs. Where in the world do they find the time for these kinds of relationships? I would like to meet up with them just to get tips on time management.
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    cnadiger wrote: »
    I tried online dating for about a year after my divorce. I was so creeped out by all the guys who started talking about their junk or kinky sex after the first or second message I finally decided to take my profile down and meet people IRL. I did go out with a couple of great guys, but it didn't work out for a variety of reasons. Is that normal for online dating, immediately jumping to the "when are we hooking up??" question?

Depends on the guy. For me no.
  • Belle8312
    Options

There are a lot of polyamorous couples on OKC where I live. I have been messaged numerous times by men and women wanting me to join their situation. No judgement, really, but many of these couples also have kids and full-time jobs. Where in the world do they find the time for these kinds of relationships? I would like to meet up with them just to get tips on time management.

LOL about the time management! You know, that is a really good point. I didn't think about it. I guess open relationships are a lot more common that I thought they were, because this isn't the first time I have been messaged either, this is just the first time I replied.....more out of curiosity than interest.

I guess for me, it would be weird "dating" someone knowing he was happily married at home with kids. I do know a few people that thing that's the best of both worlds because it's basically NSA FWB and it's not cheating? Right? I don't know.
  • stephaniels0416
    stephaniels0416 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have one that happened last week. He was from POF and we'd been talking for about a month. I had had a crappy day and told him that I had decided drinking was a good plan for the night and he somehow ended up coming over. He drank my Captain Morgan Black while complaining he didn't like rum (there was plenty of other stuff to choose from, including beer), let himself out back to "water" my tree, and ended up sleeping on my couch because he's had a DWI in the past and didn't want another one. Then he had the nerve to tell me I didn't make a very good first impression. Apparently I was no fun because I did not also get shitfaced and jump him.
  • Belle8312
    Options
    I have one that happened last week. He was from POF and we'd been talking for about a month. I had had a crappy day and told him that I had decided drinking was a good plan for the night and he somehow ended up coming over. He drank my Captain Morgan Black while complaining he didn't like rum (there was plenty of other stuff to choose from, including beer), let himself out back to "water" my tree, and ended up sleeping on my couch because he's had a DWI in the past and didn't want another one. Then he had the nerve to tell me I didn't make a very good first impression. Apparently I was no fun because I did not also get shitfaced and jump him.

Wow, that's a winner right there!