Kicked out of gym for doing renegage rows????

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Yeah, there are some PF franchises that just kind of go with it...and others that are run by True Believers who take special joy in booting "lunks."
  • annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    I am also skeptical. Maybe he was flashing his junk while he doing this move?
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    My friend was lunked at PF for checking out her form in the mirror. So, not surprised.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    I have a friend that goes to PF and she says that it goes off about three to four times a week ....
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    PRMinx wrote: »
    dbmata wrote: »
    I can only imagine what would happen if I started doing my Kroc rows there.

I'm sure they would ban my snatch, too.

Giggle.

I have a pf membership. It is my backup for when I want to work out in the middle of the night, and my real gym is closed.

I'll probably cancel when it gets warm.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    So when you join a PF they never mention the 'lunk alarm' or what makes it go off? And then everyone is just shocked and embarrassed when they violate a rule that they had no idea even existed? I'm pretty surprised they're still in business.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    So when you join a PF they never mention the 'lunk alarm' or what makes it go off? And then everyone is just shocked and embarrassed when they violate a rule that they had no idea even existed? I'm pretty surprised they're still in business.

Not really. They market it as a "safe place" and "judgement free zone" for the lazier members of society. Where you agree to not working too hard when you're there. It has a definite draw for a certain demographic. Plus, with the cost. $10 a month? Most people throw that away in a day with unneeded frills.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member

Not really. They market it as a "safe place" and "judgement free zone" for the lazier members of society. Where you agree to not working too hard when you're there. It has a definite draw for a certain demographic. Plus, with the cost. $10 a month? Most people throw that away in a day with unneeded frills.

How have they not gotten sued? It sounds like a potential gold mine.

• brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member

Lazier members of society? Not work too hard?
    What is this demographic exactly?
    There's really no need to be directly insulting to the clientele and many members of this site just because you don't like their marketing or because their equipment and policy do not fit your needs. Don't like it, don't go. But don't insult others just because they do.
  • dbmata

It does, and there's been a few blips here and there, but ultimately, they're a big company. Most people they'd just choke out in court with fees, stays, etc. They can afford more time than the average lunk.

There's really no need to be directly insulting to the clientele and many members of this site just because you don't like their marketing or because their equipment and policy do not fit your needs. Don't like it, don't go. But don't insult others just because they do.

lol. QQ
    Yup, you saw what I wrote.

What is that demo? Come now. We're all adults here, no need to play at games. The demo is the group of people who want to say they belong to a gym, but don't actually utilize it, particularly since the bulk of PF's membership never actually makes it into the gym to work out, thereby subsidizing the costs of the members who do work out.

Tell you what, if I were a little more cynical, I'd get a PF franchise, to make even more money off of lazy people. Granted, they have good intentions, but on the whole little in the execution and commitment department. There's no question of that.
  • HeySwoleSister

It does, and there's been a few blips here and there, but ultimately, they're a big company. Most people they'd just choke out in court with fees, stays, etc. They can afford more time than the average lunk.

lol. QQ
    Yup, you saw what I wrote.

What is that demo? Come now. We're all adults here, no need to play at games. The demo is the group of people who want to say they belong to a gym, but don't actually utilize it, particularly since the bulk of PF's membership never actually makes it into the gym to work out, thereby subsidizing the costs of the members who do work out.

Tell you what, if I were a little more cynical, I'd get a PF franchise, to make even more money off of lazy people. Granted, they have good intentions, but on the whole little in the execution and commitment department. There's no question of that.

Actually, PF is probably a super good deal for some non-lazy demo people who happen to want a cheap and convenient place to use treadmills and ellipticals, especially if they travel (because you can use your membership at another location) Because so many people sign up and never show, or sign up and just eat the pizza, an actual cardio bunny will get the highest ROI on a PF membership.

It's just a useless place if you want to do any strength work or are otherwise serious about things...not sure about folks serious about cardio...anyone ever been Lunked for going too fast on a treadmill, there? Does PF admit the existence of cardio lunks? I've heard stories of them hating on lifters, and they ran some snarky anti-yoga ads on TV...wonder if they'd Lunk someone training for a marathon.
  • dbmata
    EWJLang wrote: »
    Actually, PF is probably a super good deal for some non-lazy demo people who happen to want a cheap and convenient place to use treadmills and ellipticals, especially if they travel (because you can use your membership at another location) Because so many people sign up and never show, or sign up and just eat the pizza, an actual cardio bunny will get the highest ROI on a PF membership.
    You make a good point, but what you're describing though is easily just a blip in their metrics. I agree though, for a traveler, it's a consistently purple place to work out, and a cardio bunny would be perfect for that place.

I know I'd sign up just for the pizza feed, because it would be cheaper than even the local round table pizza's buffet.

The place is a decent doorway for people who are committed, but need training wheels. However, those people generally promote themselves out of that place though.
  • ndj1979

It is the demographic that has a negative connotation of regular gyms as being filled with muscle busting, testosterone loaded, steroid using, "bros" who are going to "judge" them and laugh at them..

so if you want a judgment free zone with no squat racks, no grunting, dumbbells that do not exceed 50#'s, and a bunch of cardio machines, free pizze, tootsie rolls, and bagels then PF is perfect for that demo ...

I actually like PF because it keeps traffic down in my gym so I can get all my workouts in ...
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    spartan_d wrote: »
    I've known this guy for years. He knows how to lift weights, even though he still has some pounds to shed.

Moreover, it would be extremely difficult to do this exercise in such a way as to cause damage to the floor... especially with the kind of rubberized floor that's typically used in a weights room.

I don't think "harming" was the h-word they were using there /giggle

(by the way, him looking like he was doing something inappropriate to the floor was my first thought too, but the exercise doesn't look very humpy. No worse than a pushup at least, though I'd guess PF doesn't fancy those either)
  • dbmata
    spartan_d wrote: »
    I've known this guy for years. He knows how to lift weights, even though he still has some pounds to shed.

Moreover, it would be extremely difficult to do this exercise in such a way as to cause damage to the floor... especially with the kind of rubberized floor that's typically used in a weights room.

I don't think "harming" was the h-word they were using there /giggle

(by the way, him looking like he was doing something inappropriate to the floor was my first thought too, but the exercise doesn't look very humpy. No worse than a pushup at least, though I'd guess PF doesn't fancy those either)

Imagine a dive bomber pushup, or a spiderman pushup... lol.
  • ndj1979
    PF does not let you bang anything, unless you are the guy that controls the lunk alarm...
  • HeySwoleSister
    edited February 2015
    You make a good point, but what you're describing though is easily just a blip in their metrics. I agree though, for a traveler, it's a consistently purple place to work out, and a cardio bunny would be perfect for that place.

I know I'd sign up just for the pizza feed, because it would be cheaper than even the local round table pizza's buffet.

The place is a decent doorway for people who are committed, but need training wheels. However, those people generally promote themselves out of that place though.

Oh, I'm sure the avid cardio users are by far the minority of PF members. I'm just saying, if I were a cardio lover (I am the opposite of this, in all honesty, LOL) I'd consider PF because it's so cheap and there'd be all kinds of lightly used fairly new equipment to choose from, and I bet it's hardly ever crowded past March 1.

My area doesn't have a PF, but it has a bunch of other Cardio-heavy franchises. My kingdom for a grubby little hole in the wall with a lot of iron. ~sigh~
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    That guy has nice white teeth.
  • dbmata

Oh, I'm sure the avid cardio users are by far the minority of PF members. I'm just saying, if I were a cardio lover (I am the opposite of this, in all honesty, LOL) I'd consider PF because it's so cheap and there'd be all kinds of lightly used fairly new equipment to choose from, and I bet it's hardly ever crowded past March 1.

My area doesn't have a PF, but it has a bunch of other Cardio-heavy franchises. My kingdom for a grubby little hole in the wall with a lot of iron. ~sigh~
    My new gym, a gold's is amazing. Rubber bumpers, powercages all over, hell, even the dbs go up to 150#. There's even STRONGMAN stuff. It;s like... wut? Paradise.

There's the trad cardio stuff, but not a lot of people using it. You want a lightly used treadmill, go there.
  • Whittedo
    Whittedo Posts: 352 Member
    Maybe the legs of his shorts were too loose and the fellas were hanging out. That is why I wear compression shorts :)