If You Could Choose ONE Food that you Can't Diet Without ...

Options

Replies

• keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Tinned tomatoes - no fat and you can make hundreds of dishes using them. They're lovely on toast too :)

For snacks I can't live without:

Babybel Light Mini Cheeses (50 cal each)
    seafood sticks (15 cal each)
    Options Indulgence Hot Choc (60 cals)
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Full Circle Microwave Popcorn butter flavor. The best one for you!
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    almost anything at the Tango Tea Room in Corpus Christi, TX! They have the best vegan/vegetarian food in town
  • busygirl1
    busygirl1 Posts: 217
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to put my finger on one. I think probably Cathedral City lighter, it's a lower fat cheese. I didn't realise how much cheese we eat in this house so that has been a life saver. In my house if i sprinlkle cheese on it my OH will most likely eat it and hates pretty much everything i cook nowadays.

boo to unsupportive OH
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese!
  • adriannenan
    adriannenan Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    without a doubt it's my strawberry watermelon flavored MiO. That stuff in water or club soda ALWAYS makes my day a little better. =)
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    water water water..... its been my little miracle drink..... helps keep me full all day long so I resist the urge to snack

Food: PB2.... love this powdered peanut butter. at only 45 cals per 2 tb spoons, it is good on the calorie budget AND it taste great... its real peanut butter after all...... just minus 85% of the fat and calories....... its also great when added to a chocolate protein shake! Yumm!
  • AmandaJPK
    AmandaJPK Posts: 26
    Options
    Just one? I have a few but one of the most prominent in my diet has been beans (black beans, black eyed peas, refried).
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Wheat Bread with at least 3g if not more fiber per serving, peanut butter, bananas, and Nutella. One tablespoon is 100 calories with 6 g of fat when combined with 1 tbsp peanut butter and 1 slice of wheat bread is an amazing treat. Or in my case, two slices of bread and a piece of fruit and it is an amazing meal.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Wholly guacamole 100 calorie packs and laughing cow Cheese!
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Just one? I have a few but one of the most prominent in my diet has been beans (black beans, black eyed peas, refried).

Yep, me too, beans (pinto, kidney, great northern, etc.....):love:
  • jnnyc
    jnnyc Posts: 25
    Options
    Yougart in general. Pref. greek yougart. but the good ol' cheap yougart for making smoothies- yum!
  • mawhite717
    mawhite717 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    fish!! yum yum! i HATED fish before i started eating healthy. now i LOVE IT!!
  • learnbygoing
    learnbygoing Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Multi grain pitas and roasted garlic hummus :D Delicious and super filling, and perfect at about 160 calories (for the ones I get, at least).
  • Mountain_woman
    Mountain_woman Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices.

If you know how to season your food well you don't have to drown it in calorie laden sauces to make it taste amazing. My homemade cumin spiced lamb burgers are much sought after...

Would you be willing to post any spice blends/proportions? It's tough to find something balanced. But the importance of good spice is paramount.

As far as my own staple, that would be a cereal combination I have every morning.

I mix one large box of Grape Nuts with one standard box of Kashi Go Lean Almond Flax. (My siblings dubbed it Colon Blow. Sigh...it's great stuff)

A cup serving is 200 calories and full of fiber.

I pour 3/4 of a cup of Blue Diamond Almond Milk (Sweetened Vanilla) over the top. Eaten slowly, the expansive behaivor of the cereal keeps my stomach so nice and full for quite a while.

So fiber, protein and a touch of sweetness. Yay!

Total: 200 calories for the cereal, 67 calories for the Almond Milk. An amazingly filing breakfast for 267 calories. Good hot or cold.
  • annetten83
    annetten83 Posts: 20
    Options
    Bananas....they're so filling and so yummy!
  • glitterbell23
    glitterbell23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Turkey breast sandwichs on Pepperigde Farm lite style 7 grain bread toasted with 1 slice of american cheese and 0.5 a tablespoon of mayo. 244 calories,1 carb, 799 mg sodium, 13 grams of protein, 4 grams sugar, and 12 grams of fat.
  • Delaina1
    Delaina1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Weight watcher's 50 cal string cheese
    Sugar Free Jello
    Sara Lee delightful 45 cal bread
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    Ice cream.
  • ratkins811
    ratkins811 Posts: 190 Member