Coffee Calories Add Up!

Options

Replies

• _celesse
    _celesse Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    6-8oz of Starbucks House blend, 2-3oz of 2% milk, and 1 tbsp of regular sugar. Pretty much every time. xD I don't like creamer, tastes like crap. I tried drinking it black but it was just so bitter and gross.
  • jayhughes8181
    jayhughes8181 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Coffee: black ,strong, no sugar. Thanks.
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I like black coffee too...
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Started out with 2 tablespoons of sugar and 4 tablespoons of full out Italian Cream Coffeemate and am now down to 1 teaspoon sugar and 2 tablespoons sugar-free creamer. Not sure I'll ever make it to straight up black coffee but I think I'm doing pretty well right now. I do 1 cup every day and it's 46 calories of pure heaven.
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,154 Member
    Options
    I use almond milk in my coffee. I log two ounces but it's probably less. I like it dark and am working my way to black coffee. I used to put a ton of sugar in it, but cut back and have been drinking it without for 2 1/2 years. So my usual Dunkin Donuts large, with almond milk (I take it home and add the milk) is 18 calories.
  • jeanabepositive
    jeanabepositive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Stevia is excellent in coffee and a great way to lower the calories in your coffee. I also buy lowfat lowsugar creamer to use at home, and get skim milk from public places.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Biggest thing I learned from this thread is that everyone likes there coffee different. as for me I like a couple of Splenda packets and some skim milk
  • crangel77
    crangel77 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Coffee has no compromise. Lol. I have a one YO.....
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    I always had my coffee with milk and one sugar. In fact I used to always prefer tea. Then back last February I spent a week just drinking unsweetened black coffee.

Now all I drink is unsweetened black coffee - I love the taste and you can really notice the difference between different coffees.

Not sure this would be everyone's 'cup of tea', but just thought I would share :)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I just like it black.

racist.

just kidding- I drink it black - or with a dash of milk. minimal calories.

• snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I can't do artificial sweeteners in hot coffee. In iced, I don't mind. It's strange.

We've been using the Coffeemate creamers for awhile now, 1 tbsp per 12-16oz, but when we ran out, black was fine, too.

I just like coffee.
  • jazzy550
    Options
    and you can really notice the difference between different coffees.

This is so true. Organic taste the best to me.

• jazzy550
    Options
    4homer wrote: »
    Biggest thing I learned from this thread is that everyone likes there coffee different. as for me I like a couple of Splenda packets and some skim milk

That's what I said too! Coffee drinking is an art.
  • ilovemypeekapug
    ilovemypeekapug Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    My morning coffee has to have one tablespoon of Cinnabon creamer (35 calories). I highly recommend it. :)
  • jazzy550
    Options
    My morning coffee has to have one tablespoon of Cinnabon creamer (35 calories). I highly recommend it. :)

I just can't get into the flavored creamers. But I love Cinnabons!
  • labeastette
    labeastette Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Went cold turkey a few years ago to black coffee and haven't looked back since. I love it this way now. Took a few weeks to get used to but it can be done! I was so concerned about the calories so black was the way to go for me.
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I've tried liking black coffee but I just can't! I can't handle black coffee taste.
  • vha2
    vha2 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Omg what on earth is half and half, and creamer?! Are these american things? Good grief why dont you just use milk!!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I use non-dairy creamer (mostly french vanilla), and a serving of that is 35 calories. I used to drink coffee with like a boatload of sugar, so I think that's a good compromise. XD I drink up to 3 cups a day, so I just budget it in - because I can't live without coffee. :p
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I drink it black, coffee with sugar and creamer is too sweet ! I slowly cut back on the creamer and sugar when I decided to switch to black coffee and weaned my way off!