Coffee Calories Add Up!

Options

Replies

• RoToQ
    RoToQ Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I switched to black coffee and after a few cups i love it! It's an adjustment but stick with it! I got myself some good quality ground coffee and a cafetiere and haven't looked back.

I save a big sweet latte for a treat now and again.
  • dontjinxit
    dontjinxit Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    My stomach doesn't like it without milk :(
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I drink mine with 50ml semi-skimmed milk, no sugar. Only 25 calories per cup :)
  • kat03316
    Options
    No coffee n lots of energy! No cravings for it either! I feel awesome! :)
  • kat03316
    Options
    kat03316 wrote: »
    No coffee n lots of energy! No cravings for it either! I feel awesome! :)

Forgot to add that its been over a year now.
  • kat03316
    Options
    jazzy550 wrote: »
    sgthaggard wrote: »
    Coffee is something that I'm not willing to compromise on. Coffee, 4tbsp of half & half, 2tsp sugar - 114 calories. As an added bonus, it keeps me from killing my office mates. ;)

LOL!!! :):D:p

Ihave met people who drank thermos of coffee a day and after they started give the body pure raw plant based nutrition the body amazing things happened. They got more energy then ever before and almost no coffee. I was a coffee drinker. Havnt had one for months! Dont crave dont need it... dosnt even call my name.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has hardly any calories.

You add milk & sugar that adds calories. So really you should say "Milk & sugar calories really add up"
  • jazzy550
    jazzy550 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    vha2 wrote: »
    Omg what on earth is half and half, and creamer?! Are these american things? Good grief why dont you just use milk!!

LOL!!! Sound like my mom. <3
  • jazzy550
    Options
    [quote=Ihave met people who drank thermos of coffee a day and after they started give the body pure raw plant based nutrition the body amazing things happened. They got more energy then ever before and almost no coffee. I was a coffee drinker. Havnt had one for months! Dont crave dont need it... dosnt even call my name. [/quote]

I like coffee! :#
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't like it, but try 1/4 cup of blue diamond almond milk (30 calorie one), it's about 8 calories for the 1/4 cup, plus the 2 calories for the cup of coffee. So I have a few 10 calorie cups a day. Keeps me from filling up. I love half and half, but when I know I have a big eating day, I stick with the almond milk.
  • jazzy550
    Options
    A lot of people don't like it, but try 1/4 cup of blue diamond almond milk (30 calorie one), it's about 8 calories for the 1/4 cup, plus the 2 calories for the cup of coffee. So I have a few 10 calorie cups a day. Keeps me from filling up. I love half and half, but when I know I have a big eating day, I stick with the almond milk.

A few others have said this as well. I treed it but it seems to sink to the bottom like you have to stirring it and I am not crazy about the taste. Almond milk is a strange product to me. How do they make stuff?
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options

A few others have said this as well. I treed it but it seems to sink to the bottom like you have to stirring it and I am not crazy about the taste. Almond milk is a strange product to me. How do they make stuff?

Almonds and water as far as I know. I've made my own and it tastes really similar.

• BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    black
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    The only thing I order from Starbucks now is a small skinny mocha, at about 70cal a go, but not regularly. I can drink my coffee either zero sugar and black or milky and sweeter, though I do prefer the latter. I think it's a case of retraining your mind if you want to move away from your favourite concoction (i.e. Starbucks frapps) but if it fits in your day why not? I've been on tea for a while and mine comes in at 13cal a cup, all logged :)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Black coffee has hardly any calories.

You add milk & sugar that adds calories. So really you should say "Milk & sugar calories really add up"

+1 -- it's silly that this bugs me, but it does. It's not the coffee.
  • princess_six
    Options
    Clearly y'all are having coffee wrong. Splash of low fat soy milk/skim milk in black coffee=10-20cals. Done. ;)
  • restors
    restors Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I drink copiuos amounts of coffee a day, infact it is joked that I need an intarvenous drip. However mine is black very little calories in black coffee you still get the caffeine that keeps everyone around you alive and you don't sabotage your weight loss efforts
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

Almonds and water as far as I know. I've made my own and it tastes really similar.

You can make your own as you note; it's actually a food long in use in Europe (and probably other places too)--it was common in the Middle Ages (for the well-off) where it was considered a luxury item and was a cheat around prohibitions on dairy during Lent and other days of abstinence. I think it's pretty cool and tastes fine in the right uses, so I keep meaning to play around with making some nut milks even though I'm pro dairy and the calories from dairy are the last thing I worry about (especially since it can be such a great source of lean protein).

My soap box: If you think of them as separate products I think both have their uses, although I would not enjoy almond milk in coffee. But then I typically like coffee black, so who cares. (I also understand people being unable to drink milk, choosing not to for vegan reasons, and simply not liking it. I just wish people would stop claiming almond milk is "healthier" than dairy--they have different benefits; it's like comparing chicken and almonds, they are different.)

Store-bought almond milk has other things in it, though: sea salt, locust bean gum, sunflower lecithin, gellan gum and natural flavor, is one typically example, also commonly carrageenan. I'm not overly concerned about this, but people who are against milk or anything else due to "processing" or it being "unnatural" probably should make their own (and be able to tell us the details of their almond sourcing).
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i have a coffee with semi skimmed milk and a couple sweeteners in the morning (have to closely watch all forms of sugars due to medical conditions)
  • dustyfall
    dustyfall Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel like such a boring person at times, it's predictable what i want when ever i go for coffee. Always plain black coffee, milk normally make it taste sickly with a weird after taste for a while. I really need to start being more adventurous i think.