40+ Club: Spring Fitness Challenge

Options
1192021222325»

Replies

• singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone from sunny and warm Utah!

We are having a great time visiting with my BIL here in the St. George area. We did some hiking in Zion National Park and today we went to Hoover Dam. The weather is wonderful, with cool nights and warm, sunny days. It's a big change from wet & cool NE PA. We are flying back to Philly on Saturday from LAS. See you soon!
  • KimKelly65
    KimKelly65 Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am sorry that I have been MIA for awhile. I am struggling with my back pain and physical therapy appts. I have not lost any weigt in two weeks but I have not gained any either. I am unable to work out in an aerobic manner at this time due to my back. Which stinks.:grumble:
    I am allowed to water walk, so I believe I will start adding that to my at home exercise routine and head to the pool at the club after work. Not my favorite but I can at least get some exercise that way. I am concentrating on strengthening my abs, quads, extensor leg muscles and stretching my spine thru PT.
    Okay enough about me...

Altushe - I am glad you finally found the reason for your issue. Hope you start to feel better real soon.

Sing - Zion is beautiful. Im glad you are having such a great trip.

ALf - way to keep your cool!:happy:

Have a great eveing everyone! Hope to check in again soon.

PS Posted new profile pic. 22 lbs lighter. YAY!!
    (I am building walls for habitat for humanity at church a few weekends ago)
    No heavy lifting allowed. ;)
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Good morning all! Had another goo d night at the gym last night. I've been mostly switching between the ellipitcal and treadmill. Beat the steps required for this week's waling challenge by about 10,000, so I am entered into the weekly prize drawing.

Nothing much else to report.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Not much to report -shins are feeling much better after Saturday's epic walk! :laugh: I've made it to Curves twice this week but still struggling with neck/shoulder/back issues. The good news is I finally got an e-mail from the person at the state Dept of Labor about scheduling my ergo study of my work area. Hoping to get it scheduled some time in May, but it'll depend on when the campus library has a scheduled training; she wants to do both the same day to avoid 2 trips to campus (which I can understand).

Doing better with the evening munching - I can do great all day and then just stuff my face with sweets at night :grumble: . I've cleaned out the fridge, freezer and cupboards to get rid of my temptations. I know it's a small thing, but I'll take a minor victory these days; I've had so few good eating things happen lately.
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    mk, I'm glad to hear they are finally working on the ergo study for you. Hopefully you'll get some answers! Good job on getting rid of temptations!! I wish that worked for me. I don't keep temptations in the house, but there is very little stopping me from going to find them in the store!! That's just sad, isn't it? :ohwell:

alf, I'm sorry that happened to you at class. Some people....I don't know what they're thinking. I mean it is one thing if she didn't 'click' with your class, because sometimes that happens. But to make it sound like you were 'less than' or whatever was just wrong on her part. Good job at keeping your cool, though. I notice as I get older that I'm having a harder time keeping my 'nice face' when I think people are just being outright rude to me. So good for you!

zebras, I'm so happy the gym is working out for you. Really sounds like you are right back on track!

singfree, thanks for checking in! Glad you are enjoying your trip!!

altushe, I'm so sorry to hear about the health issues. Don't worry about gaining too much weight right now. That's the absolute last thing you need to be worried about. If you eat 200 calories a day over what you are burning, it is going to take a good six months to gain back those 12 pounds you think you NEED to gain back. In other words, all that weight you lost isn't going to jump back on your body over night if you eat a few hundred extra calories a day. And as long as you are doing resistance training, you won't gain it back as fat. So find some good healthy foods you enjoy and relax about the weight right now.

Victorious_One, I'm so sorry to hear about you being sick again. I really hope that was a one-off thing for you and you've properly identified the issues. I've got my fingers crossed that's the case!

All here is well. I'm finishing my first week of this crazy Insanity/P90X rotation. Today was a good day....I did Insanity's Max Interval Circuit followed by Yoga X. It was a long workout, but I love the combo of tough cardio and yoga, so it was good. I feel really energized right now. My eating....is under control. I must admit, I've been starving since doing this rotation, but I'm adding alot of nuts and healthy things to my diet right now, and that seems to be helping. At least I'm not reaching for the ice cream....too often. :blushing:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Guten Morgen!!!!! Well, look at my ticker, I lost 2.8 in a little over a month. Last weigh in was 4/1 126.8, this morning 124. Yeah!!! I really dont want to lose anymore but I would really like to maintain this. This is where I feel most comfortable. I am really impressed with how well I am dealing with cravings, actually I've had no cravings whatsoever for junk food!!! Let's see how I do in Orlando this coming week. We are driving so I am packing healthy snacks and all...we will be doing a lot of walking so that takes care of the cardio workouts. I am bringing my band to do a few exercises in the hotel room. Tomorrow I am doing a 2 hr Zumba jam at the base so that takes care of a workout... I finally scheduled a much needed massage tomorrow evening so I can start to relax before our trip.

Sing, great to hear from you!!! Glad you are having a grand time!!!

Kimkelly, sorry about your back problems. Maybe this will be a good opportunity to focus on your healthy eating. Good job in maintaining.

Mkwood, getting rid of the temptations is a major step!!!! Most people are not willing to do that. Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stiring, are logging in your foods and exercise calories? How come you feel like you are starving? You exercise soooo much you might not taking in enough. I know I wasnt so increasing the calories of healthy eats has made a major difference for me. You are the workout Queen!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok gotta go, will try to log in before we leave Sunday morning. I am not so sure I will log in while on my trip. Very busy two days ahead cant wait for tomorrow's massage, it will be the start of my vacation. In case I cannot log in HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE WONDERFUL MOMS IN THIS THREAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • zebras
    Options
    Happy Friday check in day everyone!

I logged in over 11,000 steps yesterday for our walking challenge at work. I'm sore! Scale shows down a lb from last weigh in, however I know I went up about 2 lbs in between official weigh ins, so I'm really down about 3 for this week, which puts a big smile on my face.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,787 Member
    Options
    alf, have a great trip and Happy Mother's Day to you!!! Congrats on the weight loss. That must feel great. I'm hungry right now because of doing the combo of P90X and Insanity. This past week doing the longer Insanity workouts has really kicked my appetite up a notch, that's for sure. I'm not logging right now but I eat the same things over and over, so my calorie count on any given day is pretty much consistent (plus or minus a couple hundred). But, no doubt, doing this crazy rotation of two of the toughest workouts on the market per day is making my body want MORE! I've had a tendency to under-eat since I hit maintenance anyhow, so that's something I've had to be mindful of for some time. Right now, I'm trying to listen to my body and when it is truly hungry, I'm eating. I'm also trying to listen to what it wants (minus when it says 'CHOCOLATE" :wink: ) and feed it that. Protein seems to be the thing that I want the most right now.

zebras, congrats on the weight loss!!! And great job on this walking challenge. You are doing great!!

Friday check-in....my eating has been all over the place this week because of the appetite, but, like I said before, I'm mostly adding back healthy foods. Of course, there is the chocolate that my husband brought home from Germany that seems to find its way into my diet some days, but that's okay. I'm not over-doing it. And, more importantly, I'm not gaining weight. In fact, my husband was complimenting me on how I look last night, and that made me feel good. This was my first week of doing both Insanity Month 2 workouts and P90X workouts each day and it really is a challenge. But I'm going to stick with it for the next two weeks (until I finish my P90X rotation) if my body allows. I like what's happening to my body right now.

Enjoy the weekend and, to all mothers, Happy Mother's Day!
  • alf1163
    Options
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL THE MOMS IN THIS THREAD! We are on the road now passing Houston. Take care!
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Happy Mothers Day!!
  • alf1163
    Options
    Hello! Do you believe we are not in Orlando yet? We are on 75S now
    Whew. LOL take care!
  • zebras
    Options
    Alf: Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I'm hoping ALF has finally arrived in FL.

We have been having great weather in Michigan the last few days. It sure has made getting my runs in much easier. This week I'm doing 4:1 on my 3 mile runs. My pace is still pretty slow but the runs are just the right amount of push so I'm not too concerned.

Happy to say Power 90 is still going well. The 1/2 Sculpt isn't nearly as difficult for me as the 1/2 Cardio. I will probably try to stay with it for the next few weeks and then bump up to 3/4. Hoping to finish up Power 90 before we leave on our Anniversary trip. I may do a month of 30 Day Shred before I graduate to Chaleane. My right knee is being picky so not sure if I'm ready for Chalene's lower body work.
  • zebras
    Options
    Hi all!

Duffyz: Good to see that you are doing so well!

I got a 1/2 hour walk in at lunch yesterday an 65 minutes on the elliptical in the evening.

Looks like we have another beautiful sunny day here, so I should be able to go for another walk at lunch. We find it makes the afternoon go by more pleasantly.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Hello from HOT and windy Kansas!!! It's 95° right now - too hot for early May!! Cool down in sight after thunderstorms tomorrow - I just hope they don't turn severe!

Got a nice walk in yesterday morning before it got too hot, but couldn't this morning, and too windy this afternoon - 20-25 mph winds make walking pretty unpleasant. Not sure how any other workouts are going to go this week; headed to chiropractor later today and still trying to get everything taken care of for my youngest daughter's college graduation on Saturday. Woo hoo..........she survived college, and so did I!! :laugh: :laugh: She found out late last week that she didn't get selected for Army Officer Candidate School :frown: , but is taking it much better than I anticipated when she texted the news to my husband and me. She didn't talk to us again for 2 days, but did a lot of soul searching, talking to friends and advisors during that time. She's accepted there's a reason she didn't get selected, even if they didn't give her a specific reason why she didn't make it. She knows her life is supposed to take a different path, and she's already looking at options for that first "grown-up" job. I was impressed........I figured she'd either be a sobbing mess or a total b*tch about it, but she seems to have her head wrapped around it. Sigh...........my baby may finally be growing up! :smile:

Nothing real positive to report; scale still going in the wrong direction and all my clothes are tight............:grumble: :grumble: Doing pretty good with controlling munching at night, which is about the only bright spot these days. I know.........the extra weight didn't go on overnight, and won't disappear overnight, but just a LITTLE positive progress would be nice!!
  • singfree
    Options
    Good evening!

I'm finally able to post after getting back from vacation. We had a wonderful time in Utah. The day we left (Sat) there was an Ironman Triathelon in St. George UT, just a few miles from my BIL's house. That would have been exciting to see!

I see that we are quickly approaching the 500 post cut-off for this thread.

I will start a new one. Go to: 40+ Club: Summer Slimmers

I hope everyone is well, take care!
  • singfree
    Options
    Go to:

40+ Club: Summer Slimmers

See you there!
  • singfree
    Options
    We are at the end of this thread!!