What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Lots of really creative cooking this week I think. Need to eat down the freezer and pantry since we only have 10.00 to last through the 24th!

Tonight is crockpot beans and cornbread (I hope it rises, I was out of BP and had to make my own)!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I made a salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, carrot, bacon, boiled egg and 4 cheese Mexican. Also had a bacon, ham and turkey sandwich with Pepper Jack, tomato, onion, pickle and lettuce. They were both very good. I'm way under for the day, so ice cream and granola to follow.

hx2mu9f4t5u4.jpg

elr4x8ctfksm.jpg

• MyM0wM0w
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Day 1 of project 'Eat down Pantry/Freezer with no grocery shopping'.

It looks a hot mess but daaammmnnnnnnn, it's good!

Turtle beans (soaked overnight) cooked for 12 hours in the crockpot with onion, garlic, beef broth, and bay leaf. I added frozen corn for the last hour and served it over homemade corn bread. Topped it with a bit of leftover frozen cheese and a dollop of Daisy Sour Cream. This was too good to even believe!

aodperv23ouu.jpg
  • larrodarro
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I still have a couple of hours of work left, but my stomach was talking back, so I stopped long enough for supper. I had black bean + 13 soup, turnips {roots and greens} and steak stir-fry. My Mamma cooked the turnips a few days ago. Everything else came out of the work freezer. It was good and fast. {sadly my cornbread was pita}

wa5s8waz972t.jpg

tlkrjbkdn6zq.jpg
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Had the most random dinner today...healthy, but random.

*two scrambled free-range eggs with a bit of organic whole milk, dried garlic flakes, lemon-pepper seasoning, and a tomato
    *two light mozzarella cheese sticks
    *a smoothie made from one banana, one cup unsweetened coconut milk, one cup organic spinach, and one cup organic kale
    *a bowl of oatmeal with half a cup of frozen organic raspberries mixed in
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Paleo Italian Chicken & Sausage with Veggies
    pb183pbm60uj.jpg
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Linguine with Clam Sauce
    bya8m696i46a.jpg
  • ibamosaserreinas
    ibamosaserreinas Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    No pictures yet but I will be slow cooking black beans all day with onion and hickory salt. I'll add turkey and some other veggies later near the end. (The house will smell delicious all day long! Love to make the neighbor jealous all day long too as they walk up the hall.)
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I didn't have supper yesterday evening.

I'm not sure what's for supper this evening.
  • MyM0wM0w
    Options
    Last night was 2 eggs sunny side up and a 2 (small) homemade biscuits. Not exciting or pretty, but overall tasty.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Spanish rice with pigeon peas and chorizo With a piece of stewed chicken. and hot sauce of course with a side of carrots gemlhauhuy3v.jpg
  • dragthewaters
    dragthewaters Posts: 62 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A cup of Ronzoni Garden Delight penne with a tablespoon of salted organic butter...probably unhealthy, but one of my favorite foods ever. It kind of turned out to be too much butter though.

Two cage-free scrambled eggs with a large tomato and lemon-herb seasoning. Two cups of kale-spinach mix with more lemon-herb seasoning instead of dressing. And just water to drink.

I'm out of calories for the day, but I really want dessert (I know, I'm terrible), so I'm going to have a cup of oolong tea with honey, and three squares of Endangered Species 72% dark chocolate. While doing my two hours a night of studying :(
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Quinoa. .....tuna salad with cucumber slices ...light potato chips. .....dark chocolate almonds for dessert
  • larrodarro
    Options
    The local Credit Union is having their annual meeting tonight, and they were nice enough to let me eat with them. But then, I am a member. I should have filled out a name tag and I might have won a T-shirt or a coffee cup. Anyway I had pork loin, veggie casserole, brown rice and a yeast roll. It was very good.

gwkfm76wy76p.jpg
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Tuna bowl: 1 5 oz can tuna, cherry tomatoes, 1/3 fresh cucumber cut into chunks, 1/2 haas avocado, 2 Tbs Newman's light lime dressing, about 2/3 cup alfalfa sprouts. YUM! And >30 grams protein!
  • afatakedavra
    afatakedavra Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sorry my photo's huge. Portobello mini pizzas, with sliced tomato, extra sharp white cheddar, chopped kale, turkey bacon, and black olives. With a chicken/mixed greens salad on the side. So freaking good.

1926723_847792091945959_8237750909761104916_n.jpg?oh=d3055c54f844dd02b05ce1149b6d3bf3&oe=55537740&__gda__=1431953470_c1f83bc11278b0f19adb2e4f05a483b7
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Stir-fried in my homemade green curry paste.....Chinese eggplant, celery, onions, cauliflower, a little cooking soy sauce, shrimp sauce, fish sauce, kaffir lime leaves and added last, medium shrimp.

It it super delicious and low in calories. All this was made by a New York born Dominican-Lebanese chick who cooks like the dickens!
  • larrodarro
    Options
    I spent all afternoon planting the skips in the longleaf pines we planted yesterday, so I wasn't in the mood for any serious cooking. So it was an egg, ham and turkey sandwich with Pepper Jack. Also had green beans. Since my calorie burn was nearly 1K, I still have a lot of snacking to go. The sandwich was very good. I should do this more often.

5b1bjkzm2vtr.jpg

• mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Made some chili spaghetti with veggies (asparagus, shredded brussel sprouts, green onion, mushrooms and corn) topped with pecorino cheese; cucumber; and a couple clementines.

tjp7e0tfmxj8.jpg
    image.jpg 1009.1K
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    I made it for the week. Already had it for dinner earlier. My won version of Mexican quinoa and my usual chicken stir kbxzwpppm0ab.jpg