10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Replies

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,005 Member
    Oh my, is it cold here!!!
    With the windchill, it was -29 degrees last night! OOOOh.

I'm waiting until tomorrow to go outside and shovel more snow. So fun!!
    We got another 12inches this past weekend.

I made yummy snow ice cream; tastes like NYC Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate:
    10955609_10206209571304154_4278024916927558533_o.jpg

Thank goodness for no-cut-week (averaging 1500/cal over the whole week), because I ate a lot of yummy take-out Chinese food last night!
    And this week is also no-cut-week: so happy!
    (to reset, so I don't feel like I'm dieting forever, and want to binge).

45days of no night-time snacking!
    Day 16 of the abs/pushup Challenge, half-way there.

@enipla‌:
    WTG!
    Make sure you get good rest/sleep for your body.

@SuzyH‌:
    For your height, it seems like your CW is pretty good.
    How's your workouts?
    Maybe you need to tone up what you have, instead of needing to lose more weight.

"watching and being accountable to making conscientious decisions about my food is going to be life long"
    I think this is something most people need to do in order to keep things in check.

@Steph_135‌
    Today's a new day.
    What kind of dancing do you do? Sounds fun!

@yaafee‌
    WTG w/ 30DS.
    I think you should definitely log in some calories for the fudge chocolate. Allow yourself some, or you might feel deprived and binge or something.
    1 square is ~100 calories.

Amanda
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    I know it's late, but I would like to try to lose 10lbs by April 1st! I'm in!
  • jlkermode
    jlkermode Posts: 82 Member
    Ugh! I did a weigh in today and I am the exact same weight as jan 30th- 140 lbs!

Frustrating! I'm thinking of lowering my calorie limit by a couple hundred and see if that affects anything... I am currently at 1600. I also exercise 3-4 times a wk and walk an avg of 11K steps per day. Boo.
  • huango
    @jlkermode.
    Yes, how incredibly frustrating!!

Did you do body parts measurements back then? How do they compare?
    If you didn't, then please do measurements today/tomorrow morning. So you have them to compare to in 2weeks/1month, etc.

The scale is such a bad liar!
    Are your clothes looser?

Do you know your TDEE/BMR?
    How did you determine to eat at 1600?

I'm so short that my TDEE is ~1550. My BMR is about 1230.
    So my cut-week avg 1200/cal per day, and no cut-week is 1500.
    I don't eat back my exercise calories (they vary so much: Tuesday is ~420 from Zumba, and rest day ~85calories).

Hang in there.

Amanda
  • captainsuperpants
    captainsuperpants Posts: 64 Member
    Please add me. Lost this weight via MFP, kept it off for 2 years, then put it back on in 6 months of stress and it seems stuck again. I'm very happy with some curves but want to be healthier and feel better and aim for smaller waist.

Anyone looking for friends feel free to add me too.

Female, 35, PCOS

Height: 5'8" (173 cm)
    CW: 191 pounds (86.9kg)
    GW: 165 pounds (75kg)

Step up: Increased my dog walk by 15 mins. It's been incredibly hot here, so it feels alot harder than it is. It's about my mindset... Baby steps

Thanks everyone.
  • jlkermode
    huango wrote: »
    @jlkermode.
    Yes, how incredibly frustrating!!

Did you do body parts measurements back then? How do they compare?
    If you didn't, then please do measurements today/tomorrow morning. So you have them to compare to in 2weeks/1month, etc.

The scale is such a bad liar!
    Are your clothes looser?

Do you know your TDEE/BMR?
    How did you determine to eat at 1600?

I'm so short that my TDEE is ~1550. My BMR is about 1230.
    So my cut-week avg 1200/cal per day, and no cut-week is 1500.
    I don't eat back my exercise calories (they vary so much: Tuesday is ~420 from Zumba, and rest day ~85calories).

Hang in there.

Amanda

Thanks for the encouragement! I used Scooby's to calculate my BMR/TDEE. I'm 5' 5.5". I actually do take measurements and I'll take updated measurements tomorrow for comparison- I just needed to vent right now :p

I'm also planning to take my body fat measurement in a couple wks to see if these is any change there.

I actually eat back my exercise calories, that's always what I've read you should do. Just signed up for Fresh Direct- so hopefully that help me stay committed to preparing my own dinners and eating clean!

I'm gonna be tightening up on my diet for sure the next couple wks!

:smile:
  • Leri76
    Leri76 Posts: 5 Member
    I'm a an bit late to this but I'd like to aim for 10lbs for April (maybe the end as I'm a late starter). I'm just back to using MFP. I always lose when I'm using it as it reminds me to keep a check on my snacking, but I tend to forget all about it after a few weeks so I thought I'd try the forums and see if that helped me to stay motivated.

Height: 5ft 4
    CW:152
    GW: 142
    UGW: 130

I have a bit of a chaotic work/life balance at the moment so getting to the gym is hard. I'm mostly going to try watching what I eat (no mindless snacking while at the computer...) but I'm hoping to get some strength training in where I can.

Looking forward to getting started!
  • BrideVD
    BrideVD Posts: 18
    edited February 2015
    I am in!! I am 27/F and I am 5'5.
    My CW: 138 lbs
    My GW: 130-125 lbs
    My HW: 145 lbs

I have my Bachelorette party in April, so this is the perfect thing to give me motivation to fit in my slinky dress!

I do struggle with a bit of "emotional" eating, where it seems like outta nowhere I go nuts and eat a crap-ton of crap food. I know this is what has stalled my weight loss for so long. Hopefully joining MFP will help!
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Welcome new members!! We are going strong! I love all the sharing here..keep us updated :D
  • sellerskennington
    sellerskennington Posts: 77 Member
    Y'all! I am super pumped! Knocking on wood so I don't jinx myself...Since Feb 9th, I have stayed below 160! I haven't been able to do that in at least a year! Now, to get off that 158 number and keep it moving down. I am slowly back into lifting weights/lunges today. But only once a week. Doing HIIT on bike and walking on treadmill. Getting that knee strong, my inner thigh muscles strong, and moving that scale!

I would love to get rid of the bottom saddle bags. Suggestions other than lunges, since I can't do many of them?

thanks for this group!!
  • jlkermode
    Y'all! I am super pumped! Knocking on wood so I don't jinx myself...Since Feb 9th, I have stayed below 160! I haven't been able to do that in at least a year! Now, to get off that 158 number and keep it moving down. I am slowly back into lifting weights/lunges today. But only once a week. Doing HIIT on bike and walking on treadmill. Getting that knee strong, my inner thigh muscles strong, and moving that scale!

I would love to get rid of the bottom saddle bags. Suggestions other than lunges, since I can't do many of them?

thanks for this group!!

Awesome!! Good work!

You can't spot reduce fat, unfortunately. But you can train specific muscles and as you continue to lose weight, those muscles will appear more toned!

I would suggest squats! They are a great full body move, with a focus on glutes and thighs!
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Joining late here, hope that's okay! I realize I now have only 6 weeks to get there, so it's going to be tough. Guess that's why it's a challenge, right?
  • getfitenjoyit
    getfitenjoyit Posts: 7 Member
    Joining late, BUT NEED TO LOSE THE WEIGHT!
    CW: 143
    GW:133
    UGW: 110
  • daneiel
    daneiel Posts: 42 Member
    I'm in!
    5' 2"
    SW - 163lbs
    CW - 141.5
    GW - 135
    completed C25K currently working on B210K
    I also do T-25 4days weeks.
    I maybe more of .5 a week but by April I should be at my goal weight.

Thanks
  • is it too late to join?

Im a newbie and just started MFP last Jan 23, and here's my stats

sw 146 lbs
    cw 139 lbs
    gw 125 lbs

plan: always stay within the calorie count, do yoga 3x a week, kick boxing 1x a week and zumba 2x a week (I have enrolled in a dance studio for my cardios but sometimes skip classes for work).

let's do this!

• jlkermode
    @ryblueeyes‌ @getfitenjoyit‌ @daneiel‌ @krishacahigan‌
    Hey ladies! I'm at a similar weight with similar goals as you all!

I'm 140 with a goal weight of 130! Welcome! Please feel free to add me too!
  • neaneacc
    neaneacc Posts: 224 Member
    Count me in too. I need to lose about 10 lbs to get to my goal weight. I have come really far from 230 lbs down to 159 after having a baby. I am here to help anyone that needs a little gentle encouragement to be the best that they can be.
    Renee
  • elizabethhlt
    elizabethhlt Posts: 5 Member
    In in! I had a baby in August and gained 50lbs. I have lost 37 so far!
    I'm currently 128 and my goal weight is 120. I'd like to get to my pre-pregnancy weight of 115, but I would be happy with 120 to start.

What has worked for me so far is a wheat-free, dairy-free, sugar-free, no processed food diet. What I do eat is tofu, tempeh, non-starchy vegetables, lentils, quinoa, and brown rice (in moderation).

In the gym, I do running, elliptical, rowing machine, TRX, and pilates.

Good luck everyone!
  • huango
    49 nights of no night-time snacking!!!
    I REALLY want/ed to eat a snack/treat (I have 30boxes of Girl Scout cookies - need to deliver to people who ordered them), but I know I'm full.
    I ate a lot of food today: no-cut-week.
    And I can eat more tomorrow.

I even tried to rationalized it, saying that I burned a ton of calories at Zumba tonight, so I can have some snacks; it fits into my calories Today (but not overall in my weekly average).

So I'm having a big glass of water, and I'm going to bed!!!

Welcome to the Challenge, Newbies!
    GAME ON!!
    Bring it! Spring/swimsuit weather is just around the corner. It would be awesome to peel off all these Winter layers to reveal an awesome rocking' body!

@sellerskennington‌
    WTG w/ 158#!!!
    I know you can't spot-train, but my saddle bags have been reduced a lot since I've been doing a LOT of heavy deadlifts and squats.
    (I don't do lunges: I hate them. I prefer deadlifts anyday).

@Cheerios0392‌
    stuck scale = wicked frustrating.
    Like I told @jlkermode‌, that darn scale LIES!
    Did you do body measurements? Are you clothes looser? How about picture comparisons?

Also, my trainer talks about:

THE DROP EFFECT - 4 WEEKS OF NO WEIGHT LOSS ON THE SCALE
    "The Drop Effect" is a term used to describe when your body doesn't show any weight loss on the scale for approximately 4 weeks. This can be a very frustrating time for those of us who are being so diligent with our food and exercise programs. In fact, most of us quit right before this!
    For those of you who haven't quit at this point...BRAVO and you will be happy to know that your body is simply going through major body composition changes during this time. Soon after the four week mark you'll be amazed to see the changes in how your clothes fit, the numbers on the scale, and most importantly, how you feel. This is a huge incentive to stay on track and keep plugging away.
    Unfortunately most of us never experience the drop effect because we believe in all these quick weight-loss gimmicks. The drop effect is the big payout for those who are truly serious about taking control of their health.
    http://getjosette.com/en

So hang in there!!!
  • lexielainex
    lexielainex Posts: 98 Member
    Im definitely in! My birthday is in April and it would be great to feel the way I want to.