How often do you eat fast food?

Options

Replies

• lemon629
    lemon629 Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Yep--if I'm going to indulge, I want to indulge in something GOOD.

Yep. Same here. I have snobby high-quality chocolate almost daily. I'm going to a local cheese tasting event as part of the highlights festival this weekend. I enjoy my foodie events and craft beer festivals.

We all have our indulgences of choice, and part of a sustainable lifestyle change is making them fit.

Mmmmm! I was very excited to hear the other day that there is an artisan cheesemaker about ten miles from where I live that I have never heard of before.

I am in Oregon, so we have great cheese, berries, hazelnuts, truffles, wine, salmon, wild mushrooms, pears, cherries, etc. I have access to really great stuff that is actually healthy and reasonably priced. I'd much rather spend an afternoon supporting the local cheesemaker than supporting a multinational corporation like McDonalds.

Yes, those are my treat foods-- high quality chocolate and cheese. :smiley: Also wine. :smiley:
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    all the time. well that and eating out, whatever. for meals out, a lot of times ill eat half and save the other half for the next meal. ive gotten a LOT better at knowing when i am FULL and stop eating at that point!

as long as i am within my calorie limits, WHAT i eat doesn't matter too much for me, and grabbing lunch somewhere isn't a big deal.
  • RetroS6
    RetroS6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It used to be like twice a week. Maybe a lunch and a dinner..

Now it happens about once a fortnight. Hope to cut out completely. Last one I had didn't really enjoy and couldn't eat most of it.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    It depends. I travel a good bit for work so sometimes it's a couple days a week. I don't get it that much for my family, although I didn't want to go buy groceries last night because the weather sucked, so I ran down the street and got some Jack's burgers.

Was worth it.
  • DEJAnoVU
    DEJAnoVU Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'll count restaurants & takeout too...
    I'm a student and social eater(meaning I get invited to eat out) and it's rude to turn down an invitation :smiley:.
    So basicay 2-3 times a week.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    rarely. my stomach can't handle it. but, maybe once in great while, a happy meal. cause i like the toy.
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Usually only when we travel. Once I had kids, I just felt kind of guilty giving it to them. I figure if I have a problem giving it to them, I should not be eating it then either. I would say we have fast food maybe four times a year. We do eat out at restaurants about every other week though. I agree I do not find the burger and fry fast food places that good anymore anyway.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    This is not a function of dieting--I've never been a fast-food eater. Places like McDonald's gross me out.

cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm pretty much a food snob and have always enjoyed high quality food...fast food really doesn't fit that bill...it's pretty much just nasty slop.

+1 on all of this.

I don't think there's necessarily anything wrong with eating fast food if it fits your macros. I just don't much like it, so I don't see the point for myself, personally.

Snap. I'm not a fan either. If I'm out I'd rather go have a nice coffee than go to Mcdonalds.

Occasionally my husband gets a Dominoes pizza and I might have a slice, but it's too greasy for me.
  • Roxiegirl2008
    Roxiegirl2008 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I eat Panera once a week. (black bean soup and 1/2 greek salad) I would eat at Chick-fil-a once a week if we had one close to us but sadly there is not one within 14 hours of where we live.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    lemon629 wrote: »
    Yep--if I'm going to indulge, I want to indulge in something GOOD.

Yep. Same here. I have snobby high-quality chocolate almost daily. I'm going to a local cheese tasting event as part of the highlights festival this weekend. I enjoy my foodie events and craft beer festivals.

We all have our indulgences of choice, and part of a sustainable lifestyle change is making them fit.

Mmmmm! I was very excited to hear the other day that there is an artisan cheesemaker about ten miles from where I live that I have never heard of before.

I am in Oregon, so we have great cheese, berries, hazelnuts, truffles, wine, salmon, wild mushrooms, pears, cherries, etc. I have access to really great stuff that is actually healthy and reasonably priced. I'd much rather spend an afternoon supporting the local cheesemaker than supporting a multinational corporation like McDonalds.

Yes, those are my treat foods-- high quality chocolate and cheese. :smiley: Also wine. :smiley:
    For me it's high quality cheese, olives and wine, and sometimes chocolate.
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I last ate fast food in May of last year. Backyard Burgers. The only reason was because it was all that was available near the hospital my husband was having open heart surgery at. I lived at the hospital for the entire time he was there. It was either eat that or starve.

I got lucky a few times, my little brother brought me boiled eggs and tuna packets and some fruits. Other than that it was...Backyard Burgers.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I would say twice a week. Maybe 3. I guess it depends on your definition of fast food.

Does subway count?
    Does roast chicken, veggies and gravy count?
    Does pizza count?
    Does a sandwhich from a take away shop count?

Why does fast food have to be bad or contain a lots of energy. Most places seem to have healthier options or lower energy.

Sometimes it seems that it's all about the brand, say you get a bacon and egg mc muffin from McDonald's, your being unhealthy but if you fry up some bacon and eggs at home and eat it on a english muffin you having a well rounded healthy home made breakfast.

If you go to kfc and get a burger that has chicken lettuce and Mayo your unhealthy but if you make a similiar burger at home or even buy one from a cafe or restaurant your being healthier some how.
  • goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I eat Chipotle about once a month but otherwise, rarely to never. It's just never enough food for the amount of calories and I'm never full. I also try and eat as few processed foods as possible.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Almost never. It tastes like crap to me. Some fast casual (sit-down) places like Panera, yes.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Never. Nothing against it, just not for me. Mostly because I'd rather go get a fresh burger on a bun made at a bakery down the street.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I've had pizza twice and McDonald's once or twice in the last 6 months. It isn't worth the calories.
  • vixtris
    vixtris Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I try to do once a week on the weekends. I like it, and so does my husband, so we treat ourselves. Though, sometimes when things get busy we may do it twice in a week. I try to fit it within my calorie budget. I like going to Arby's the most.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Almost never. I've had pizza twice and McDonald's once or twice in the last 6 months. It isn't worth the calories.

Your obviously not getting the right sort of pizza :smiley:

Is 600 cal too much for dinner? That's about what I have when I have pizza. Fits into my day.
  • melorastar
    melorastar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I eat fast food once a week lol! But it will always be infused into my calories, and it definitely depends on what you choose to eat. I love mcdonalds, but instead of getting a burger and large fries I now choose a wrap and maybe small fries depending on how I'm feeling haha, but it should still be something to enjoy with your friends. I've also learned never to make fast food an often thing, it should remain a treat.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »

Your obviously not getting the right sort of pizza :smiley:

Is 600 cal too much for dinner? That's about what I have when I have pizza. Fits into my day.

If I eat pizza, I like to go HAM on it. There is nothing moderate about me when I am in the same room as pizza.

So yeah, 2000 calories is too much for dinner, no matter what the World Health Organization says.