From Big Belly to Big Success (Share your pics)

Replies

• sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    edited February 2015
    yqwcchwi2uj6.png
    74t51kgb1bes.png
    16 months of lifting 188 lbs to 143 lbs 5'7
  • Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    flatlndr wrote: »
    Back in Dec 2013, way too many jokes about how I resembled Santa Claus.
    No such comments in Dec 2014!

tbfqhwljwo4v.jpg

Full story here.

You look like Daniel Craig James bond on the right lol
  • ThinByThanksgiving
    ThinByThanksgiving Posts: 115 Member
    Robbnva wrote: »

tbfqhwljwo4v.jpg

Full story here.

I thought the same!
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    You guys have all done an amazing job! Very inspiring. Some of you that have lost a ton of weight don't look like you have lots of loose skin. What did you do to keep this from happening? Inquiring minds want to know. :) Thanks for sharing.
  • Robbnva
    DamitJanit wrote: »
    You guys have all done an amazing job! Very inspiring. Some of you that have lost a ton of weight don't look like you have lots of loose skin. What did you do to keep this from happening? Inquiring minds want to know. :) Thanks for sharing.

Supposedly lifting heavy helps, there is a thread somewhere about it I believe
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member

Slow loss, lifting weights.
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member

Full story here.

I thought the same!

Thanks! WAY happier to be compared to Daniel Craig / James Bond than Santa Claus!!!
  • flatlndr

I have lost ~100 lbs, and you can't see it through my tux, but there's some loose skin under there.
    There's all sorts of theories about what you should and shouldn't do, but it seems to be down to luck and genetics. That said, I'll take my loose skin and great health over "full skin", obesity, poor health, high blood pressure, etc., every single day of the year.

Don't let loose skin stop you from improving yourself.

• Robbnva

Full story here.

I thought the same!

Thanks! WAY happier to be compared to Daniel Craig / James Bond than Santa Claus!!!

Lol I'm sure but I don't get the SC reference at all. You didn't look like SC
  • flatlndr

Full story here.

I thought the same!

Lol I'm sure but I don't get the SC reference at all. You didn't look like SC

I was the right size, a bit of grey in the beard, Christmas just around the corner ... it was too easy a target for some people. They've since found themselves at a loss for words. Revenge is sweet.

• Robbnva
    It sure is lol
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member
    This is my profile picture. It says it all. I was amazed when I did my measurements after being at it for a year that I had lost a total of 48 inches and my waist was the biggest change. Now, I have around 17 pounds to go according to the dr. It is all belly. So I am excited to see what I will look like when the belly flab is gone.

8d524af3-dce6-4f9f-a7ee-bea25f07292a_zpsrf24ez4g.jpg
  • iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    This is my profile picture. It says it all. I was amazed when I did my measurements after being at it for a year that I had lost a total of 48 inches and my waist was the biggest change. Now, I have around 17 pounds to go according to the dr. It is all belly. So I am excited to see what I will look like when the belly flab is gone.

Wow! I notice a huge difference, especially in your stomach/waist! :) You'll achieve your goals in no time!
  • reemslaw wrote: »
    usmcmp wrote: »
    IMG_20130924_060656_zpsc30772ab.jpg
    PhotoGrid_1380639685183_zps218147ba.jpg

Woah. Loving your abs and your tattoos look so much better on you now. Good job.
    You look absolutely wonderful!!! You will now be my motivation. Great Job!
  • LuckyMe2017
    LuckyMe2017 Posts: 454 Member
    Wow. I am no longer worried about loosing my kangaroo pouch!
  • Ginaaa71
    Ginaaa71 Posts: 61 Member
    Thank you for sharing the pics. It's hard to visualize the end, but each of you help people like me see how 100lbs is like a new person standing in the mirror
  • nashvillenellie
    nashvillenellie Posts: 75 Member

Wow! I notice a huge difference, especially in your stomach/waist! :) You'll achieve your goals in no time!

Thank you, I have plateaued a bit but I am a stubborn lady I will break through it. I am getting ready to add more strength training and weights to my work out. I think that will help me tremendously.

• jalosingit1
    jalosingit1 Posts: 42 Member
    Very motivating - thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!