What do your meals look like (show me pictures)....

Options

Replies

• WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Sunday was our Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon (extended editions - 13 hours)! Since hobbits eat 7 meals we prepped ourselves a hobbit feast to go along with the marathon!

1st breakfast: eggs, crispy bacon, lembas bread

I am in love with everything about this post!!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Sunday was our Lord of the Rings trilogy marathon (extended editions - 13 hours)! Since hobbits eat 7 meals we prepped ourselves a hobbit feast to go along with the marathon!

1st breakfast: eggs, crispy bacon, lembas bread

I am in love with everything about this post!!!

Me too. So much win.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    I like you.
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Haha thanks guys! We had a blast... and were so full by the end!! We actually had the mixed berry tarts for breakfast the next morning because we were both so full after the meat and potato pie. We're thinking about doing it again once all The Hobbit movies come out on DVD.
  • Aross83
    Aross83 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Spanish rice with gandules and chorizo! A piece of stewed chickenmixed in and hot sauce. With a side of carrots ks8urmdf9vhh.jpg
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Bucatini, guanciale, cured egg yolk

20150217_185516.jpg
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Mini desserts are awesome.

Ghiradelli Chocolate brownie topped with Ghiradelli chocolate cheesecake, chocolate mousse, a mini chocolate and a raspberry.

Plus...I ate it with a tiny appetizer fork so I felt giant.

epomhcr9logl.jpg
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    MyM0wM0w wrote: »
    I like you.

So brilliant!

...But now I feel like I should tell you that King Arthur has a really good sour cream scone mix (I know, I know it's from a box!) that is super moist and probably way faster to make. If you want to get creative you can add more dried fruit to it...You know for when you want elvensies another time.
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    54fn4vg0evu6.jpg
    I started to cook for 5 days to avoid cheating. Everything homemade for scratch, mostly organic. This was last week. I'm late on this week prep and already went to the Latin food place next door. So guilty
  • Jambon692
    Jambon692 Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Dinners from Saturday night and Monday night.

at9ivobl6x3w.jpg
    Miso glazed salmon and stir fry (and a cheeky glass of wine) :wink:

j6phynzoya9s.jpg
    Brown rice, Salmon, Avacado, Prawns and a poached egg :yum:

Sunday and Tuesday are my days off, so I put some effort into dinner the night before and have a glass of wine. Every other day my alarm goes off at 3am so I'm ashamed to say I just skip dinner and go to bed. :no_mouth:
  • orchid8384
    Options

So far the Pho has been my absolute favorite thing i've made since starting this lower cal journey.[/quote]

Could you please give your recipe for the pho? I grew up on traditional beef pho, which is very high in calories, and am having a hard time toning the calories down when I make it. Thank you!
  • moodyfeesh14
    moodyfeesh14 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    i am getting so hungry from this and have nothing in the fridge.ugh.

Acg67 I swear once I finish med school I will pay you an obscene amount of money to be the family chef
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Made some chili spaghetti with veggies (asparagus, shredded brussel sprouts, green onion, mushrooms and corn) topped with pecorino cheese; cucumber; and a couple clementines.

tjp7e0tfmxj8.jpg
  • kilinnnda
    Options
    This week meal prep
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i am getting so hungry from this and have nothing in the fridge.ugh.

Acg67 I swear once I finish med school I will pay you an obscene amount of money to be the family chef

;)
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Phaewryn wrote: »
    Filling: 1 whole package (1.16 cups cooked, about 3/4 cup drained/pressed) frozen chopped spinach, 1.5 oz nasoya sprouted tofu plus, 2 oz matchstick carrots, 0.25 cup no fat cottage cheese, 0.5 tablespoon unsweetened coconut, 3 tablespoons eggbeaters, 1 tsp garlic powder, dash of salt.
    Crust: 0.25 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tablespoon oat bran, 1/2 tsp ginger powder, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, dash of salt, 1 tsp olive oil (+water to form dough).
    (shown upsidedown on serving plate, crust side up)
    In hindsight, I wish I'd used more spices/salt and increased the coconut to a heaping tablespoon, plus added another tablespoon eggbeaters. It had potential, but was too bland. Next time I will double the spices in everything, and add more eggbeaters. I don't think a teaspoon of parmesan would hurt anything either, might add that next time as well. I really like that I got tofu and cottage cheese in this, it was a much higher protein dish than I typically make myself, which is one of my goals, to eat enough protein.

I have never tried tofu, not for any particular reason. I think its time I tried, what is this dish called?

I like that Nasoya sprouted tofu plus, it doesn't taste any different from "normal" tofu, but it has a LOT more protein. I just make up foods as I go, nothing ever has a name. I was aiming for a quick quiche-like pie on this particular night, but to call that a quiche is shameful, so let's not! :) Quiche needs a buttery/flaky crust, but since I've cut out butter, it's just the best "pie dough" I could manage with the limited ingredients I had on hand. The thing about tofu is it has very little taste, and it must be well drained in most recipes. Open the package, and cut off your portion, then squeeze it (like a sponge) over the sink. Once you've squeezed out all you can, then place it between 3-4 layers of paper towels, and press it until you've gotten all the wetness out. Then it will crumble better in recipes that don't call for it to be blended in. Also, if you freeze it, then thaw it, it changes into a more crumbly texture, and is actually easier to work with. I cut mine into portions and freeze them in baggies, it only takes about 30-45 seconds in the microwave to thaw enough to press the water out.
  • Phaewryn
    Phaewryn Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Orange Chicken & Tofu
    60v1h3kcu4wo.jpg

Chicken breast, thin sliced, seasoned with salt & dried ginger powder. Matchstick carrots (1/2 serving) boiled in juice & pulp from one fresh navel orange and juice from a large wedge of lemon, with about a tablespoon of dried cranberries, and 1/2 serving of Nasoya sprouted tofu plus, drained and crumbled added about half way through carrots cooking. Quite good.
    Calories: 422. Fat: 6g. Carbs: 21g. Fiber: 15g. Protein: 58g. Sugar: 11g.

Ingredients:
    1 large fresh navel orange.
    A handful of dried cranberries (I use crasins, they are sugar-sweetened, about a tablespoon)
    1 lemon wedge or about 1/4 a small lemon.
    Dash of ginger powder
    1/2 - 1 serving of matchstick carrots (or about 1 -2 fresh carrots, peeled and cut into sticks)
    6-8 ounces of chicken breast, deboned, skinless, cut into thin strips
    1/2-1 serving of Nasoya Sprouted Tofu Plus (or any extra firm tofu you like)

Instructions:
    Cut chicken breast into thin strips, and lightly brown in a non-stick skillet with a dash of ginger powder and salt (to taste). While chicken cooks, juice the orange into a small saucepan, including as much of the pulp as possible (but not the white part). Add carrots to orange juice, cover and cook on medium-high heat til just beginning to become tender (about 5 minutes). Add juice of lemon, crumbled tofu, and cranberries, stir well, cover, and turn off heat (it will continue to steam since it is covered). When chicken is done, dash on a bit more ginger powder, and then add it to the orange/carrot/tofu mix. Stir, serve, eat.
    (could be served with rice, I just cheated too badly earlier in the day to have any starch with dinner)
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Sorry in advance for the spam, but I never remember to post here and when I do I have a lot of catching up to do lol

73ZGwKp.jpg
    Jennio turkey burger with avo

zAQJCfE.jpg
    Banana split with protein brownie, quark, cereal, choc chips, almond butter and sf chocolate syrup

Xra20xM.jpg
    Awesome shrimp salad with raspberry vinagrette

NZkZ55H.jpg
    White sweet potato and cinnamon egg whites and berries

uaKKGEU.jpg
    Chicken stirfry

cTX9Ho8.jpg
    Peanut butter proats stuff in a sweet omelette topped with warm cinnamon apple, almond butter, chocolate chips and syrup

LkbHlI9.jpg
    Pork and the usual suspects

tAhkWnA.jpg
    Breakfast tortilla pizza

KvOrddV.jpg
    Chicken and japanese yam

SsXGJ1z.jpg
    White chocolate raspberry oats with chocolate almond butter

5H1870c.jpg
    Turkey meatloaf

xGaTzBM.jpg
    Another stuffed sweet omelette

Gw3WgC9.jpg
    Shrimp salad

DmMzwWu.jpg
    Salmon, broccoflower, squash

yJe2l4c.jpg
    Toast and proteinshake

PBEnMMk.jpg
    Turkey chilli over spaghetti squash

E0ER6Vg.jpg
    Oatmeal, quark parfait with honey almond butter

Ok im done...

@ilovecoffeandlife on IG

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    annette_15 wrote: »
    Sorry in advance for the spam, but I never remember to post here and when I do I have a lot of catching up to do lol
    Ok im done...

@ilovecoffeandlife on IG

So much yummy looking food. I love your toast, so pretty! I was wondering how you cooked your Japanese sweet potato? It is my favorite potato and it looks sooo yummy there.

• tlharin
    tlharin Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Smoky brown sugar-grapefruit rubbed pork tenderloin over roasted onion, whole garlic, and poblanos. There were cheesy grits and Brussels sprouts too, but alas that escaped the camera. Made to celebrate 6 months in our new home, at new jobs, in a new state. Woo! o8gv0ltyc8cj.jpg