Herbalife? Anyone else on here?

Options
I know not everyone's a fan of them but this company along with my health coach has kept me motivated. After having my son and my body going through major changes I couldn't accept the way my body had changed, even after 2 years I can't say that I love the way I look anymore. Only being 22 and looking at the way most girls dress and not being able to wear anything near that due to my bad habits and insecurities, starting this journey has helped me gain my confidence back. I hope to meet people on here using the same products and some recipes for the shakes and I also hope to meet people who do things a different way and share their success story. I'm here to motivate and be motivated

Replies

• Mech9
    Mech9 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a pyramid scheme /multi-level marketing scam.
  • chelsealeighh1215
    Options
    Like I said, not everyone's a fan
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    No-one with any sense, certainly. Lean meat, fresh fruit and vegetables and exercise is basically all you need...
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Mech9 wrote: »
    Herbalife is a pyramid scheme /multi-level marketing scam.

This^^^^^
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I never heard of it
  • crazybraziliancook
    Options
    I'm using Herbalife and my daughter introduced me to my fitness pal , so now I'm using both
  • DirrtyH
    DirrtyH Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Bottom line: Herbalife is not necessary for health or weight loss. It's expensive and you'll spend money that you really don't need to spend.
    However, if you like it, you have the money to spend and you feel that it helps you attain your goals, then go for it. I don't think people shouting "It's a scam!" are particularly helpful.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No need to take Herbal Life. They use ingredients that are subpar, the provide nothing that can't be had from food, they are a MLM scam. They are good at attracting the gullible to their product though. If you are okay with being gullible and wasting your money, have a blast.
  • chelsealeighh1215
    Options
    I can see people on here are really supportive of each other goals .... At least there was a few people who could get their point across without being completely rude.

• crazybraziliancook
    Options
    "I'm using Herbalife and my daughter introduced me to my fitness pal, so I'm using both."
    To add ....
    I normally didn't eat breakfast or lunch and by dinner time I was starving and snacked a lot before bed. Doing the shakes at both breakfast and lunch , I'm eating a sensible meal and a sensible snack with tea or coffee.
    My favorite in the AM is Mocha shake that's Dutch chocolate , protein powder, instant coffee, half of a banana, 1 cup Almond milk, cinnamon and ice. I love chocolate and coffee. There are Herbalife recipes on their page that you can make and there are others to by google searching. There are supports in some Nutritional shake places that make Herbalife shakes for you to try before you buy , it's like going to Star Bucks for a iced/frozen coffee , but a shake instead. Find out if there are any by you.
    I'm also taking the supplements.
  • Hornsby
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I can see people on here are really supportive of each other goals .... At least there was a few people who could get their point across without being completely rude.

Being factual does not equal rude. Some of us have been here a long time. You know what i have yet to see? Anyone who was successful long term using marketing scam products.

Also, this isn't the support forum and luckily 99.99% of MFP know that Herbal life is a ripoff so you won't find much support in any forum on here.

• crazybraziliancook
    Options
    Not true...some people are trying to be supportive . I've lost ten pounds in 16 days.
    Not everything in life is free, so I don't expect a diet plan and a gym to be free either.

My fitness plan is a support to help us looking to lose weight ,yes it's free and I'm grateful for that.

But how we decide to lose weight and what works for us is our business.

Thank you for your opinion, we get how you feel about Herbalife , now you can move on to badger someone else.....
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Not true...some people are trying to be supportive . I've lost ten pounds in 16 days.
    Not everything in life is free, so I don't expect a diet plan and a gym to be free either.

My fitness plan is a support to help us looking to lose weight ,yes it's free and I'm grateful for that.

But how we decide to lose weight and what works for us is our business.

Thank you for your opinion, we get how you feel about Herbalife , now you can move on to badger someone else.....

It is definitely your business how you lose weight. This is a PUBLIC forum though and a community. In this community, science prevails over fiction so there aren't many people who will support Herballife. Sorry. Maybe find an Herbal Life forum with other gullible folks who can agree with you?

You can move on as well as I haven't spoken to you once and this isn't your thread. Bye.gif
  • killerqueen21
    killerqueen21 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Waste of money, darling.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    You will definitely lose weight in your wallet.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    It's an MLM scam,
    it's expensive,
    and it's dangerous.

Read the info here: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    (ETA: that page has links to the information, which comes from a wide variety of sources.)

Even if you can ignore all the information about illegal pyramid schemes and pressure sales and ripping people off,
    pay special attention to the journal articles (you know, science?) talking about people who have had liver damage and some have died from it.

The only reason it works for some people is because you're eating fewer calories than your body needs.
    You could have the same amount of calories in real food, solid food, and still lose weight.
    It will be less expensive to use real food.
    You will be less hungry having solid food compared to liquid.
    And you'll be establishing healthy eating patterns which could continue the rest of your life.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Being factual does not equal rude. Some of us have been here a long time. You know what i have yet to see? Anyone who was successful long term using marketing scam products.

Also, this isn't the support forum and luckily 99.99% of MFP know that Herbal life is a ripoff so you won't find much support in any forum on here.

This and this times a million.

Badger badger badger.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    It's an MLM scam,
    it's expensive,
    and it's dangerous.

Read the info here: http://www.mlmwatch.org/04C/Herbalife/herbalife00.html
    (ETA: that page has links to the information, which comes from a wide variety of sources.)

Even if you can ignore all the information about illegal pyramid schemes and pressure sales and ripping people off,
    pay special attention to the journal articles (you know, science?) talking about people who have had liver damage and some have died from it.

The only reason it works for some people is because you're eating fewer calories than your body needs.
    You could have the same amount of calories in real food, solid food, and still lose weight.
    It will be less expensive to use real food.
    You will be less hungry having solid food compared to liquid.
    And you'll be establishing healthy eating patterns which could continue the rest of your life.
    Stahp with your science bullcrap. We want opinions and loosely based facts here only!
  • jazzine1
    jazzine1 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    From my friends experiences once they stop taking the shakes and start eating real food they gain weight.
  • carlosjenno
    carlosjenno Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    It's an MLM scam,
    it's expensive,
    and it's dangerous.

It's a Ponzi scheme. Ponzi schemes are illegal. They get round this by having a "product" to sell and calling it "MLM". It doesn't stop it from being what it is...