Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    I don't like being touched by anyone other than specific family members. When I do get touched, or get a hug or something like that i have to pretend that its ok but inside i'm counting the milliseconds until freedom.

i get physically ill if someone touches my collar bones
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My eating is TOTALLY out of control. I can't seem to rein it in. I went actively hunting for Limon Flaming Hot Cheetos yesterday, intending to down an entire bag. Luckily, the store didn't have any. I did eat tons of chocolate, and ice cream, though.

Agh, yuck. Don't eat that crap! (flaming cheetos) There's so many chemicals and artificial S*** in them, you can light one on fire and it will burn like a candle. Google and/or youtube it.

Me likes the taste of dem chemicalz. :yum:

Me, too! Definitely NOT in the clean eater club.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I don't like being touched by anyone other than specific family members. When I do get touched, or get a hug or something like that i have to pretend that its ok but inside i'm counting the milliseconds until freedom.

Ooh, yeah. I have a gigantic personal space bubble. Pretty much no one but family allowed in.

• aquamarina_182
    aquamarina_182 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    i bought a bunch of discounted Valentines Day chocolate and candy....used it as a toping on my ice cream yesterday :disappointed:
  • JSurita2
    JSurita2 Posts: 1,304 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Another confession I have after being on these boards a little while is I HATE the question "Do you weigh everything you eat?" I want to scream every time I see it asked.

HELLL NO....I DONT weigh everything. That is simply not sustainable for the rest of my life. Sure I know that losing or maintaining will have to be a lifelong effort and I will work towards it but the whole weighing EVERYTHING is simply too much for me.

We have a baby shower at work today. Am I supposed to pull out a scale and weigh a slice of cake? I don't think so.

Carry on...
  • tincanonastring
    tincanonastring Posts: 3,944 Member
    Options

i get physically ill if someone touches my collar bones

*pokes OJ's collar bone
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I decided to forgo my regular protein granola that I put in my greek yogurt every morning so that I could have some girl scout cookies instead. I know I'm not working out today so I need to fit those cookies into my calories somehow, right?!?

I regret nothing..
  • littleaudrey85
    littleaudrey85 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i bought a bunch of discounted Valentines Day chocolate and candy....used it as a toping on my ice cream yesterday :disappointed:

Next time use it as a topping on greek yogurt so that you don't feel as guilty lol.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    JSurita2 wrote: »
    Another confession I have after being on these boards a little while is I HATE the question "Do you weigh everything you eat?" I want to scream every time I see it asked.

HELLL NO....I DONT weigh everything. That is simply not sustainable for the rest of my life. Sure I know that losing or maintaining will have to be a lifelong effort and I will work towards it but the whole weighing EVERYTHING is simply too much for me.

We have a baby shower at work today. Am I supposed to pull out a scale and weigh a slice of cake? I don't think so.

Carry on...

But if someone is complaining that they are doing EVERYTHING, and they are not losing or are gaining weight, the best thing to do is get a realistic idea of what they are actually consuming in calories. Most people get a real wake up call. It's the easiest answer for a frequently asked question.
  • JSurita2
    edited February 2015
    Options

Carry on...

But if someone is complaining that they are doing EVERYTHING, and they are not losing or are gaining weight, the best thing to do is get a realistic idea of what they are actually consuming in calories. Most people get a real wake up call. It's the easiest answer for a frequently asked question.

I suppose you're right. For me, I'm not one to complain why I'm not losing or why I'm gaining. I know exactly why and I think it applies to most of the complainers. Eating too much. Control that mouth and watch how quickly things change.

• I ordered the wraps and have never even received them!! i'm so angry cause I was looking forward to fast forwarding my weight lost with them but now I guess maybe it's a good thing I have not gotten them. I'm also looking into waist training. Good or Bad and i'm being my own food Police but i'm sooo hungry!! lol
  • JSurita2
    Options
    I suppose you're right. For me, I'm not one to complain why I'm not losing or why I'm gaining. I know exactly why and I think it applies to most of the complainers. Eating too much. Control that mouth and watch how quickly things change.
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Could you teach my hubby how to say that phrase? LOL :p

• KaryLoaiza88
    KaryLoaiza88 Posts: 106 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I ate 100 g of blue cheese in one sitting a couple days ago. :|
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Honestly the scale was an eye opener for me. And considering that I eat at home 99% of the time, I have no problem weighing stuff forever if I have to, as it just takes two seconds. Plus it's not like you don't get anything from it, as it teaches you portion control.

My confession of the day - I went back on the elliptical for the first time in 3 weeks today (been working out at home instead) to do some intervals. I lasted 10 minutes. Lungs on fire. Ugh. Now I have to make up for it and get on my bike for an hour.
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    My father died when I was 4, I have an older half brother who may or may not have known I existed and this past november, when I found out about him, I tried to contact him and he told me flat out he wasn't interested. I still can't fathom how someone wouldn't want to know their blood.

I'm sorry he didn't want to get to know you. My father was in a band and traveled all over. He looked like the 70's Burt Reynolds and sang like Elvis...and drank like Hemingway. All the women loved him and he loved them all right back. He left a trail of children. So far, five of us have found each other through Facebook. One of my sisters was very hesitant at first. She didn't want to tarnish the picture she had in her head of our father. We are all very close now. We continue to search for others - at least one sister and two brothers that we know of. Your brother may come around. He may just be processing it all.
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    Some fun things on my work desk are

Lego X-Wing
    Lego Tie-Fighter
    483 Pale Ale Keg Handle
    Jake the Snake Roberts Wrestling Figure, the old 80's rubber ones that bounce
    Autobot Insignia Ring
    Avengers #9, First appearance of Wonder Man, the book is 50 years old this past October.
  • quiksylver296
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Confession - I have no idea what my BF% is. I know the number my scale shows is in no way accurate and I don't care enough to go get calipered.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Carry on...

:D I need a thumbs up emoticon for this. Likex10 thousand.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options

Carry on...

I don't think that situation is the problem. The issue is really people who have to weigh every single thing they eat AND think everyone else should too. It's a good learning method if you are stalled with your weight loss, and yeah, there's a scale in my kitchen for times when eyeballing really isn't going to work but you shouldn't try to weigh everything the rest of your life. It's bound for failure, long-term.