I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options
Femisfit
Femisfit Posts: 14 Member
edited February 2015 in Food and Nutrition
i love to support friends, but sometimes what I see them eat makes me cringe. Cookie dough for lunch? "I stayed under my calorie goal so it's okay" Does anyone do it "right?"

Replies

• rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I prep a week's worth of food and freeze most of it, every Sunday.

It barely takes me over an hour these days - I have it all down to an assembly line.

Veggie prep takes the most time, but I do it all at once, for snacks, as well as meals. Then I can just toss everything into whatever I'm cooking, and bag/container the rest as snacks.

Slow cookers are your friend, and chicken can be roasted with all sorts of different flavours (lemon, dry spices, balsamic, red wine vinegar, sriracha/hot sauce...)

It's actually really straight forward. Let me know if you want some "mass cooking" ideas, and I'll get into specifics.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Who are you to judge if they are doing it right?

What exactly is doing it right?
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

BAM.

I had wine, cheese and popcorn for dinner one night last week. And I made it all work and fit my macros.

And maybe I'll eat cookie dough for lunch sometime. That actually sounds delicious.

Who cares what someone else eats? And why would what another person is doing matter to you?
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    I'm in for cookie dough ice cream
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options

^^^This. OP get off your high horse...
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Wow, this got hostile quickly.

I just assumed OP was basically asking how important "clean eating" was vs IIFYM...
  • GiveMeCoffee
    edited February 2015
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »

I just assumed OP was basically asking how important "clean eating" was vs IIFYM...

The only hostility is from her judging people on her FL

It's not, but that is not at all what was asked. It was judgement because they don't choose to eat the way she does. You know when I was just starting at 285 lb I didn't care what I ate as long as I stayed in my calorie deficit, as that became part of my routine, I switched to tracking macros. Now 125 lbs lost and health markers all improved she can judge all she wants it works for some of us.

Now I want cookie dough!
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Femisfit wrote: »
    i love to support friends, but sometimes what I see them eat makes me cringe. Cookie dough for lunch? "I stayed under my calorie goal so it's okay" Does anyone do it "right?"

Oh dear, once you used the word "right" you set yourself up for the onslaught of haters. I am eating clean too. Friend me and Ive got some great recipes! Ignore all the haters. Theyre just looking for a fight.
  • Lezavargas
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »

Another that should friend me :)
    -my mobile app doesnt let me req
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Ignore all the haters. Theyre just looking for a fight.

On the contrary, just trying to use a little common sense...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Oh dear, once you used the word "right" you set yourself up for the onslaught of haters. I am eating clean too. Friend me and Ive got some great recipes! Ignore all the haters. Theyre just looking for a fight.

Looking at your diary, you eat far from what most clean eaters would consider clean. Lots of processed stuff in your diary. I guess it's easy if you don't actually do what you say you are doing?

• BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just started truly trying to eat clean this past week. But, I've struggled with sweet cravings due to Valentines day, and lost a few times. My diary is public, though. Check it out.
  • joneallen
    joneallen Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    I had wine, cheese and popcorn for dinner one night last week. And I made it all work and fit my macros.

That's what I like to hear! People think I'm crazy when I make pizza and ice cream fit into my macros. Kudos to you!
  • Lezavargas
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    Just started truly trying to eat clean this past week. But, I've struggled with sweet cravings due to Valentines day, and lost a few times. My diary is public, though. Check it out.

I was a sugar a holic for years! Friend me if your looking for some support facing the same challenges!
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Add me if you want, I'm low carb clean eater. My diary is open to friends. Ignore the alcohol, I don't usually drink as much as I have the past few weeks, and it's banished from my household for at least the next month because of that!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Looking at your diary, you eat far from what most clean eaters would consider clean. Lots of processed stuff in your diary. I guess it's easy if you don't actually do what you say you are doing?

Closing your diary doesn't change the fact that you don't practice what you preach.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    OP: In your honor, I'm eating carrot cake for lunch tomorrow.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Closing your diary doesn't change the fact that you don't practice what you preach.

:laugh:
  • Lezavargas
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    Add me if you want, I'm low carb clean eater. My diary is open to friends. Ignore the alcohol, I don't usually drink as much as I have the past few weeks, and it's banished from my household for at least the next month because of that!

Lol! Im leaving for Mexico tomorrow. Im pretty sure pina coladas are going to be my main caloric intake! Clean eating doesnt have to mean perfection. It means making most of your choices the heathy stuff so your body is prepared to handle the not-so-healthy! Kudos to all of you making the committment! It can be tough in the beginning but the health you gain is worth far more than the work you put into it!!
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

Rule #1 of clean eating: Close diary

She was just a little slow