I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    Hmm. I make my own food 80% of the time. Veggies, fruit, lean meats, whole grains and such...but I also eat cookies and ice cream every night. And I had a fiber one brownie before I benched. (Mmmm carbs)

I'm unsure if I make the cut?

Nope. (I don't know, I just don't want to share you)
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I don't care if it's "clean" (whatever that means). I eat the yummiest foods that fit my calorie goal, help me reach my protein and fat minimum, and maybe have some micronutrients. I have a dessert every day. Life is too short to taking eating this far. I can lose weight and eat some treats along the way. I just got some Girl Scout cookies. NOM NOM NOM! :wink:
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Agreed... it makes me cringe too but you just have to think that they probably have different priorities. Some just focus on losing weight and you can lose weight as long as you are within your calories but for me for instance I am not just trying to look better but I want to feel better and that's why I eat right, exercise and pay attention to what I put in my body. I'm there with you girl. :-)

Thumbs up! Friend me!
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    Options
    I am not a perfectly clean eater but I try. Add me if you like but my diet is occasionally cringe-worthy by your standards.

On another note, I find people who chatbomb a thread with the judgement accusations ridiculous. Do they not understand that they are the ones being judgmental? Is it an attention thing? I think it's a crappy thing.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    What's with all the "clean eaters" and the closed diaries? What are you hiding?
  • Lezavargas
    Lezavargas Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I am not a perfectly clean eater but I try. Add me if you like but my diet is occasionally cringe-worthy by your standards.

On another note, I find people who chatbomb a thread with the judgement accusations ridiculous. Do they not understand that they are the ones being judgmental? Is it an attention thing? I think it's a crappy thing.

Its an enigma! Friend me! None of us are perfect!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    Hmm. I make my own food 80% of the time. Veggies, fruit, lean meats, whole grains and such...but I also eat cookies and ice cream every night. And I had a fiber one brownie before I benched. (Mmmm carbs)

Not to worry, you know you're my number 1 pikachu.
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

Not to worry, you know you're my number 1 pikachu.

:bigsmile:

I will beat any other pikachus that come too close...with raw cauliflower.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    What's with all the "clean eaters" and the closed diaries? What are you hiding?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQlrJgCQE1suq8eWQlpF3d6MGia3B8SgAVl2ZxUhNceYHTUphKbdQ Godwin'd.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    Agreed... it makes me cringe too but you just have to think that they probably have different priorities. Some just focus on losing weight and you can lose weight as long as you are within your calories but for me for instance I am not just trying to look better but I want to feel better and that's why I eat right, exercise and pay attention to what I put in my body. I'm there with you girl. :-)

Thumbs up! Friend me!

awwe, look! Friend request makes some one feel better and somewhat validated.
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

Its an enigma! Friend me! None of us are perfect!

If none of us are perfect then why are you cringing at those who dare to eat cookie dough within their goals? Frankly I'd put my diet and my fitness levels up against any clean eaters with confidence. I bet my diary is closer to 'clean' but without all that minty fresh hypocrisy and I'm pretty proud of my body and strength and the thing I've accomplished...while eating cookie dough.
  • Hornsby
    Options

Maybe you should read the very FIRST post in this thread...
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I just got here! Are we making fun of the OP for use of the words "clean" and "right"?
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Maybe you should read the very FIRST post in this thread...

Right!
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

Did you just make a judgement?
  • Hornsby
    Options
    I just got here! Are we making fun of the OP for use of the words "clean" and "right"?

Somewhat, but mostly discussing another person who eats a balanced/moderate diet, yet defends the clean eating like she does it.

• Hornsby
    Options
    eric_sg61 wrote: »

Did you just make a judgement?

You know it's okay to be judgmental if you agree with said judgeness....duh. :insertsarcasm:.

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    How is that song go? Liar, Liar pants on fire......
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Rule number 1 about MFP...and it is a great tool...If you are new and ask a simple question out of not being familiar with the process, be prepared to be skewered for all angles...And yes this happens all the time...The high horses are the successful people who make a new person feel like crap. Answering a question with a question is perhaps the biggest culprit, just to prove a point.

Soooo truuuue!!! I was shocked by the venom that came out with the first post I put on here. Never suspected in a million years that I would catch so much flack for trying to make a heathy change in my life. But, despite all the haters, i found a great support group and we are adding more all the time!

Despite those who think otherwise, it happens daily. There are a ton on knowledgable people on here and I have learned allot. I know it is frustrating to see people post questions that 75% of the members know the answer to. But flexing sarcastic knowledge muscles is annoying as *kitten*.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    Rule number 1 about MFP...and it is a great tool...If you are new and ask a simple question out of not being familiar with the process, be prepared to be skewered for all angles...And yes this happens all the time...The high horses are the successful people who make a new person feel like crap. Answering a question with a question is perhaps the biggest culprit, just to prove a point.

Soooo truuuue!!! I was shocked by the venom that came out with the first post I put on here. Never suspected in a million years that I would catch so much flack for trying to make a heathy change in my life. But, despite all the haters, i found a great support group and we are adding more all the time!

Despite those who think otherwise, it happens daily. There are a ton on knowledgable people on here and I have learned allot. I know it is frustrating to see people post questions that 75% of the members know the answer to. But flexing sarcastic knowledge muscles is annoying as *kitten*.

Why not preach to the OP for starting the discussion with judgement?