I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what happened tonight.

I think I have caught the diabeetus though.
    20150220_212222_zpsh7qbcesb.jpg

Oh yay!! I'm so excited that the 'beetus is spreading. Let me know how they turn out!!

giphy.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    My diary definitely says Diabeetus Cups.

yes. hoorah. :D
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    So I'm sure that this all has gone exactly as planned and the OP has made a ton of clean eating motivational friends, plus scoring the bonus snickerdoodle recipe.
    I think that part is probably true.

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    So I know I'm pages behind on this, but after snooping through @lemurcat12 's food diary, what on earth is a veggie chili protein bar, and does it really weigh 16oz??

Heh, I kind of want to make something up (new Quest flavor, super dense!), but yeah, just a restaurant. Sometimes I'm good about bringing lunch, not always.

For the record, today was kind of a disaster (but an enjoyable one)! Hope no one is starting a thread about my Giordano's work lunch.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Can I come over? I'm done work in like, an hour.

I'll be up- come on over and eat my fat kid cakes.

these guys are about to invade your place jo …

sugar_gif_zpsede21a2f.gif
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »

Can I come over? I'm done work in like, an hour.

I'll be up- come on over and eat my fat kid cakes.

these guys are about to invade your place jo …

sugar_gif_zpsede21a2f.gif

Good- then I won't eat it.

Pretty much all I had to dinner tonight was fat kid cakes.

nom nom nom nom- I'm going to hell.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    So I know I'm pages behind on this, but after snooping through @lemurcat12 's food diary, what on earth is a veggie chili protein bar, and does it really weigh 16oz??

Heh, I kind of want to make something up (new Quest flavor, super dense!), but yeah, just a restaurant. Sometimes I'm good about bringing lunch, not always.

For the record, today was kind of a disaster (but an enjoyable one)! Hope no one is starting a thread about my Giordano's work lunch.

I've never had Chicago pizza but several friends are from there and love Giordano's... and then I found out my mom had 2 shipped here (CA), and I didn't know! I feel sorta betrayed. The way everyone goes on about it, I NEED this pizza!

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    It's actually not the Chicago pizza I'd recommend. I'm partial to a place called Pequod's or Lou Malnati's. But it was where my workplace got lunch.
  • snikkins
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    It's actually not the Chicago pizza I'd recommend. I'm partial to a place called Pequod's or Lou Malnati's. But it was where my workplace got lunch.

So... what you're telling me is I need to get to Chicago to try all of them and make up my own mind. Pizza tasting weekend. I'm going to look into this. Thanks!

• andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I ate 600 calories worth of chocolate last night. I don't think we could be friends.
  • athena61
    athena61 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I guess to some extent I'm guilty of making judgements when I see people important to me eating foods that are calorie dense. But it's because I care about them. Anyway, I feel so much better when I minimize processed foods. I'm not 100% that way but try. Add me if you'd like.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...

Actually you are wrong here. I'll explain why - once we leave certain foods from our diet we pretty much don't care about them.

I stopped eating ice cream when I was I think 14 - 15 years old. I would get severe chest congestion. The doc asked me to stop eating it for some time because they wanted to pin point the cause of these flares. Ice cream was the reason.

Anyway fast forward to 2015, I don't miss it one bit. It's been 28 years I haven't eaten ice cream.
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    andreamaym wrote: »
    I ate 600 calories worth of chocolate last night. I don't think we could be friends.

If you had wine with your chocolate, we could be best friends.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    runner475 wrote: »
    Just think how pissed off the "clean eaters" are going to be 20 - 40 years from now (or whatever number gets them to the golden years) when they realize, it was all for nothing...

Actually you are wrong here. I'll explain why - once we leave certain foods from our diet we pretty much don't care about them.

I stopped eating ice cream when I was I think 14 - 15 years old. I would get severe chest congestion. The doc asked me to stop eating it for some time because they wanted to pin point the cause of these flares. Ice cream was the reason.

Anyway fast forward to 2015, I don't miss it one bit. It's been 28 years I haven't eaten ice cream.

This ^^^^^^^

Carby treats don't float everyone's boat!!!

• snikkins
    Options

I think most people would argue that giving up something for a medical reason isn't quite the same as giving up something because of the arbitrary "bad" label applied.

In any event, glad you figured out what the problem was!

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Probably depends on the person to some extent. For some people cutting something out makes them think about it more. I'm that way. If I want to not eat something, the best way to accomplish it is to tell myself I can have it whenever I want. I'm sure for others it's the opposite.
  • runner475
    edited February 2015
    Options

Probably depends on the person to some extent. For some people cutting something out makes them think about it more. I'm that way. If I want to not eat something, the best way to accomplish it is to tell myself I can have it whenever I want. I'm sure for others it's the opposite.

Absolutely that's one valid point. But you are suggesting human psychology. I'm not. I'm laying down my experience of past 28 years.

I've experience a situation in my life where I ate certain food before and then I stopped. And now that food which once was part of my diet doesn't hold any value to my taste buds. They have forgotten how ice cream taste. :)
  • runner475
    edited February 2015
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

I think most people would argue that giving up something for a medical reason isn't quite the same as giving up something because of the arbitrary "bad" label applied.

Please refer to my response above. The question here is not about "bad food", "medical reasons", "clean whaatever". My response was to this statement

EDTA : Just to be clear where I stand w.r.t this thread. I don't think it was nice on OP's part to come to public forum and judge their friend's food diary to the world.
  • snikkins
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »

Please refer to my response above. The question here is not about "bad food", "medical reasons", "clean whaatever". My response was to this statement

EDTA : Just to be clear where I stand w.r.t this thread. I don't think it was nice on OP's part to come to public forum and judge their friend's food diary to the world.

I think we interpreted that quote different, and there's nothing wrong with that. Sorry if I seemed combative. And yes. OP was out of line.

• andreamaym
    andreamaym Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    andreamaym wrote: »

If you had wine with your chocolate, we could be best friends.

There was no wine, but.... I'm drinking a martini right now.