I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Hey, there's a clean eating challenge up right now. Quickly, run to in romantic slow mo

2535437_o.gif
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    SconnieCat wrote: »
    Hey, there's a clean eating challenge up right now. Quickly, run to in romantic slow mo

200.gif

Am I doing it right?

You win the internet.... Brilliant
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    bgorum wrote: »
    >:)
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    I was suggesting that the OP THOUGHT she was posting an exaggeration. I don't imagine she actually has a friend who logged a whole meal of cookie dough. I do imagine she was fliply implying that she doesn't want to look to someone for motivation who eats nothing but empty calorie crap for every meal even if they are within their calorie goal. And, maybe I'm just trying to see the good in people when I infer meaning . . . Who the heck knows? But, at this point, the straw man is well and truly built. Let's do continue to whack away!! It's such fun.

well you know what happens when you make assumptions...

Yes, yes I do. I make an *kitten* out of u.

ummm you were 75% there...its yourself...

but you already knew that...

Bwahahahahahaha. I knew you could not resist trying to complete that asinine cliche'.
    *golf claps*
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options

200.gif

Am I doing it right?

Simply stunning, magnificent creature. Ears billowing in the wind like a dancing flower petal

If your response were any more beautiful and poetic, Drake would be lamenting over it.

giphy.gif
  • SconnieCat
    SconnieCat Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

200.gif

Am I doing it right?

I shared this video of myself running in confidence with you. It hurts me immensely that you've shared it here for others to laugh at!

Not at.... with. Promise :smile:
  • kungabungadin
    kungabungadin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    rand486 wrote: »
    I prep a week's worth of food and freeze most of it, every Sunday.

It barely takes me over an hour these days - I have it all down to an assembly line.

Veggie prep takes the most time, but I do it all at once, for snacks, as well as meals. Then I can just toss everything into whatever I'm cooking, and bag/container the rest as snacks.

Slow cookers are your friend, and chicken can be roasted with all sorts of different flavours (lemon, dry spices, balsamic, red wine vinegar, sriracha/hot sauce...)

It's actually really straight forward. Let me know if you want some "mass cooking" ideas, and I'll get into specifics.

I do I do I want all the tips I can get.
  • Bierhauler
    Bierhauler Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If I drop my spinach onto the floor and eat it, is it still considering eating clean?
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    Bierhauler wrote: »
    If I drop my spinach onto the floor and eat it, is it still considering eating clean?

Only if the 5 second rule applies
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this has been so much fun. ndj1979, you are fun. But, I think my favs are the arrogant condescenders. Anyway, gotta' go. Got some other stuff to do today. But, loved playing with you guys. Surely we can do this again sometime. Later!
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Femisfit wrote: »
    Daiako wrote: »
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

tumblr_my425fYVYj1rf0b9bo1_250.gif

And I never changed my settings? So no idea what you all are talking about.. Man I didn't think this post would get so many responses. I put "right" in quotations... Because it's subjective.
    Also I didn't say any back story lol so you all know me from not even two sentences. I also totally exaggerated my reasoning. I haven't been eating clean for months at all. Or even working out. My high horse gets kind of hard to get back on sometimes ;)

Nice backpedal attempt.

How so? I still want to meet other MFP who motivate and want to eat clean. I'd rather not have someone who counts calories. What's to backtrack?

Okay, but do you understand why your post was poorly received?
    Yes because apparently you need to explain everything in explicit detail so no one takes it the wrong way. Even though let's be honest it will anyway.

"Hey all, I'm new here and really want to make most of my own food at home from scratch and I'm interested in people who do the same so we can swap recipes and support each other!"

Can I hire you as my post editor?

I'll do you one better.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10091615/home-cooked-recipes#latest

Go forth. Frolick. Tell your friends.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this has been so much fun. ndj1979, you are fun. But, I think my favs are the arrogant condescenders. Anyway, gotta' go. Got some other stuff to do today. But, loved playing with you guys. Surely we can do this again sometime. Later!

So many hurled stones...

...and so many glass walls.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    adowe wrote: »
    I had cookie dough for breakfast.

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

What kind of cookie dough?

This matters as to how I will judge you

Chocolate chip of course. Anything else I bake first.

I did have some red velvet cookies for dessert last night. They were pretty tasty.

I have never seen the fascination with cookie dough?

I did have some glorious freshly baked chunky choc chip cookies yesterday, they are definitely so much better crunchy and baked.

I know that is just a personal preference, but just had to share.

Crunchy cookies are an abomination.

I would expect nothing less from you tho

Did you really just say that?

Lol - i'm just picking anyway! anything with chocolate and dough passes the test!

Although I do preferred them baked (freshly baked, so the chocolate is still gooey) mmmmm, gooey chocolate!

They're an actual literal affront upon god and man and possibly country as well.

Crunchy cookies are burned cookies.

And that there is what's wrong with the mfp forums
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

I did have some red velvet cookies for dessert last night. They were pretty tasty.

I did have some glorious freshly baked chunky choc chip cookies yesterday, they are definitely so much better crunchy and baked.

Lol - i'm just picking anyway! anything with chocolate and dough passes the test!

Although I do preferred them baked (freshly baked, so the chocolate is still gooey) mmmmm, gooey chocolate!

They're an actual literal affront upon god and man and possibly country as well.

Oh it's hurts! My heart!

tumblr_m3vvn7yliM1r21nhfo1_500_zpsea768935.gif

:laugh:

It's okay, everyone's allowed to be wrong. ;)
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

Oh it's hurts! My heart!

tumblr_m3vvn7yliM1r21nhfo1_500_zpsea768935.gif

:laugh:

It's okay, everyone's allowed to be wrong. ;)

I have no response to this. I've tried the soft cookie dough, I tried the crunch of the cookie and the feel of gooey chocolate and I know what's right from wrong!

I shan't be drawn into your crazy world!!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So is this what people get paid to do? 9 to 5 jobs must be so rough...
    Bahahaha aww I hurt people's feelings! High horse? Haha whatever helps folks feel better. I'm not the problem. I have goals and I am going for them...that's what I use this app for. I want like minded on my feed not binge eaters! I could care less what my neighbor or best friend eats..Except when I cheat with them!! This is a fitness app, sorry folks but if I don't want people who eat cake and cry about not loosing weight or gaining muscle. Cool! I'm making my own little Internet world. Peace out angry Internet trolls!

What's wrong with this is simply that it comes out as you picked how you want to get in shape and you are asking for other people who have already gone your path to guide you. Because we are all human and we all make mistakes. Some binge - it is a real problem; but you don't want to encourage them and help them get better. You only want people to help you. And if the path you chose fails for you? You have already eliminated others who have found a different path that works and maybe it was something you could apply to your own.
    - I'm sorry did you ask me if I did that? Did I miss a questionnaire?

Oomph. Say WKers, what were you saying about the judginess again?
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

I prefer crispy or crunchy cookies... >.>
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

I prefer crispy or crunchy cookies... >.>

We are no longer friends.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

tumblr_my425fYVYj1rf0b9bo1_250.gif

And I never changed my settings? So no idea what you all are talking about.. Man I didn't think this post would get so many responses. I put "right" in quotations... Because it's subjective.
    Also I didn't say any back story lol so you all know me from not even two sentences. I also totally exaggerated my reasoning. I haven't been eating clean for months at all. Or even working out. My high horse gets kind of hard to get back on sometimes ;)

Nice backpedal attempt.

How so? I still want to meet other MFP who motivate and want to eat clean. I'd rather not have someone who counts calories. What's to backtrack?

Okay, but do you understand why your post was poorly received?
    Yes because apparently you need to explain everything in explicit detail so no one takes it the wrong way. Even though let's be honest it will anyway.

So in other words, you don't have a clue.