I need clean eating motivation and friends!

Options

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    bgorum wrote: »
    Oh man, this has been so much fun. ndj1979, you are fun. But, I think my favs are the arrogant condescenders. Anyway, gotta' go. Got some other stuff to do today. But, loved playing with you guys. Surely we can do this again sometime. Later!

post-8794-1403702267.gif
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Daiako wrote: »
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    adowe wrote: »
    I had cookie dough for breakfast.

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

What kind of cookie dough?

This matters as to how I will judge you

Chocolate chip of course. Anything else I bake first.

I did have some red velvet cookies for dessert last night. They were pretty tasty.

I have never seen the fascination with cookie dough?

I did have some glorious freshly baked chunky choc chip cookies yesterday, they are definitely so much better crunchy and baked.

I know that is just a personal preference, but just had to share.

Crunchy cookies are an abomination.

I would expect nothing less from you tho

Did you really just say that?

Lol - i'm just picking anyway! anything with chocolate and dough passes the test!

Although I do preferred them baked (freshly baked, so the chocolate is still gooey) mmmmm, gooey chocolate!

I prefer crispy or crunchy cookies... >.>

We are no longer friends.

But...I'm your Pikachu...
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    If you melt your butter, add it to you cookie dough, then stick it in the fridge for a few hours to re-solidify, you get the perfect crispy AND chewy cookie. My cookies are legendary because of this.

I don't have anything against "clean eating" unless someone uses the term as a way to degrade or insult the way *I* eat (which has, so far, lost me 70 pounds). I also understand wanting friends that are on a similar path to commiserate with, but finding those can be done without being jerky about it. My .05 cents.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    If you melt your butter, add it to you cookie dough, then stick it in the fridge for a few hours to re-solidify, you get the perfect crispy AND chewy cookie. My cookies are legendary because of this.

I don't have anything against "clean eating" unless someone uses the term as a way to degrade or insult the way *I* eat (which has, so far, lost me 70 pounds). I also understand wanting friends that are on a similar path to commiserate with, but finding those can be done without being jerky about it. My .05 cents.

That's how my brown butter snickerdoodles and brown butter chocolate chip cookies are made. I wouldn't categorize either as crunchy, although I suppose there might be a slight crisp around the very edge. But usually if you get crunchy snickerdoodles it's because you cooked them too long.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this has been so much fun. ndj1979, you are fun. But, I think my favs are the arrogant condescenders. Anyway, gotta' go. Got some other stuff to do today. But, loved playing with you guys. Surely we can do this again sometime. Later!

says the passively aggressive condescender….

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options

That's how my brown butter snickerdoodles and brown butter chocolate chip cookies are made. I wouldn't categorize either as crunchy, although I suppose there might be a slight crisp around the very edge. But usually if you get crunchy snickerdoodles it's because you cooked them too long.

Absolutely agree.

I'd love your Snickerdoodle recipe if you get a second :)
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Absolutely agree.

I'd love your Snickerdoodle recipe if you get a second :)

On it's way to your inbox. :flowerforyou:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

I did have some red velvet cookies for dessert last night. They were pretty tasty.

I did have some glorious freshly baked chunky choc chip cookies yesterday, they are definitely so much better crunchy and baked.

Lol - i'm just picking anyway! anything with chocolate and dough passes the test!

Although I do preferred them baked (freshly baked, so the chocolate is still gooey) mmmmm, gooey chocolate!

For you can I'll let this slide. But normally crispy cookies are cut worthy!
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

says the passively aggressive condescender….

Shoot. Can't stay, but yes, finally someone who understands me.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

It was delicious.

Just wanted to share.

For you can I'll let this slide. But normally crispy cookies are cut worthy!

original.gif
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I need to know if there's a lurker edition of the ACBC cards...

Also, snickerdoodles forever.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure what happened tonight.

I think I have caught the diabeetus though.
    20150220_212222_zpsh7qbcesb.jpg
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

65402-dear-god-its-beautiful-mugatu-Zmxe.gif
  • JoRocka
    Options
    I know- please keep in mind- those are all family size containers.

Because fat kid is fat.

And fat kid went running- which means family size EVERYTHING!
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options

As long as you don't eat it for lunch.
    btbt17x4ia6c.gif

• Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    So I'm sure that this all has gone exactly as planned and the OP has made a ton of clean eating motivational friends, plus scoring the bonus snickerdoodle recipe.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »

Can I come over? I'm done work in like, an hour.

I'll be up- come on over and eat my fat kid cakes.
  • Daiako
    Options

Whelp.

I'm jealous.

When they're done you should bring pictures over here http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10091615/home-cooked-recipes#latest
  • Daiako
    edited February 2015
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    So I'm sure that this all has gone exactly as planned and the OP has made a ton of clean eating motivational friends, plus scoring the bonus snickerdoodle recipe.

OP?

Oh-Pee

Hmm.

Doesn't ring any bells.

tumblr_m41aygNfBB1r15uyio2_r4_250.gif